29 days to UFE

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm scheduled to do my UFE on the 31st, still contemplating if I should postpone.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi what is this and can I help in why you want to postpone what's your reasons ? Xxx

• Posted

It's normal to be apprehensive about undergoing any medical procedure but you need to remember why you chose this method initially.

Are your fibroids causing you pain, discomfort, heavy bleeding, swelling, fatigue etc? If it's affecting your quality of life, then you should do something about it so you can go back to living life fully.

There are a variety of methods available, if you feel this one is not for you, continue researching until you find one that you feel comfortable with.

I had UFE procedure over 10 months ago, I too was apprehensive but I was also excited about having a new lease on life. I saw improvement very quickly after the procedure and after 3 months I felt completely back to normal. I wished i hadn't waited years to seek help.

With any procedure it does come with pros and cons. It hasn't worked for everyone but it's success rate is quite high, especially when the radiologist is very experienced with the procedure.

Good luck

• Posted

It's good to read this post, I too like Kd have been delaying through fear. Especially after seeing a radiologist who wasn't sure. I've now sought a second opinion from a more experienced radiologist, after reading on this forum that the experience of the radiologist can make quite a difference. I am now waiting for an appointment having just finished Ullipristal for a 2nd time.

• Posted

Hi

I did mine on the 20/07/2016. I'm ok, I'm getting there. First three days severe pain which can be controlled by pain killers. After that moderate pain here and there. I'm slowly but surely getting back to normal.

• Posted

Hi I had mine on 18th Jan and its failed but I will do it again. I don't believe the pain is the worst thing about the UFE. It was the Morphine sickness then the lack of energy. Would I choose it over a Hystertomy ?hell yes.!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.