29 year old with Complex Cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a transvaginal ultrasound yesterday for weird cramping during my cycle. I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago at 9 weeks and at that time a roughly 3x3 cm simple cyst was found on my right ovary. Yesterday I was told a 2x2 cm complex cyst was found on my right ovary. I'm really scared as this month my boyfriend and I started TTC. We have no kids and hope to have some in the near future. I was told there is a possibility it could actually end up being a simple cyst but with the imaging it was hard to tell? Doesn't make sense to me. The following message is from my OBGYN after I wrote her with my concern after the visit. I saw a nurse practitioner at the visit instead of my actual doctor. "have looked at both ultrasound

This cyst looks completely different than in past

I don't think it is the same

Todays sono looks like you ovulated

We will repeat it to make sure it resolved

I would like a repeat in 6 wks - lets do that instead of 8 wks- that way you are in a different place in your cycle

Make that appt and see me that visit

Hope this helps and don't worry - it most likely will resolve"

The more I google (bad idea I know...here I am) the more it seems like complex cyst do not go away on their own... opinions?? Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.