2days post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi finally after 21/2 years of pain had my gallbladder out on tuesday op went well but was in recovery for a few hours on highest dose of morphine and painkillers blood pressure was low oxygen levels kept dropping ended up staying over night just changed my dressing the 2 cuts on the side are open holes are thet supposed to be like that and tonight I have started getting pain on my right side like something is being pulled from the inside is this normal or should I see a doc

Thanks

Lorraine x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorraine

Having open holes on your stomach isn't right. When I had mine removed, the holes where they operated were glued shut.

I think I had stitches and glue on the belly button one.

I'd go and speak to your practice nurse or GP.

Do the wounds feel hot or look red??

It maybe an infection.

Hope this helps. And your feeling better soon. Claire. X

• Posted

There oozing a bit and wet but there not really sore just tender round thembeen feeling sick and dizzy today too xx
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine

Sounds like you have an infection. Especially if your feeling sick. Take paracetamol and drink plenty of fluids. And get round the doctors in the morning.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care. Claire xxx

• Posted

Have you checked your temp??

If it's up it could indicate an infection.

Also are you still taking morphine type painkillers??

Only they can make you feel dizzy and sick.

Just a thought. Claire. xxx

• Posted

Not on morphine now just on codein nefopam paracetamol and ibuprofen just taking them when needed xx
  • Posted

The holes aren't sewn or glued shut?

• Posted

Do they not glue them its just the ones on the side that are open looks like you could stick your little finger in them xx
  • Posted

Hey I kept getting intense pains for the first few weeks it's just your body healing, it does get better just rest and take painkillers smile

• Posted

Thanks I know itll take a few weeks to heal I am feeling better than I was but ill go see the doc anyway just to get checked also my 16 year old daughter was diagnosed with shingles yesterday is there any risk to me xx
  • Posted

Hi got my wounds checked she said they looked fine but yesterday woke up my chest was hurting couldnt talk properly a bit worse today think I may have a post op chest infection has anyone else had that and what is the treatment just feel so tired and keep getting out of breath and occasionally get pain on right side flank and cant take a breath in hurts too much

Thanks xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.