2herniated discs 1 going ...spanish new treatment shock wave

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had these discs for lots of years. I went first in Preston and had wedge to hold up one disc from another. Then I paid out of my own pocket £7000 to have a decompression of 3\4 and 4\5, S1 going!!

Jan 2010 was the op and went May for advice as I still had terrible pain.

Arrived in Spain and was given cortisone injections until now. Out of the blue we had an appointment to go to the hospital last week. I saw a woman and to be honest I wasn't very happy. Where is your pain? I said down the right side but at the same time she pressed my back down. Up until then I didn't had back pain but it is going but I was furious.

We said we didn't speak good Spanish and she said the word "choka" and gave me an appt for next Thursday.

We then got an appointment the following week to go to my usual pain Dr who gives me the cortisone shots. My partner mention the word China to him, Dr picassa laughed he said very painful. I have to have this choke treatment 1 every week for 3 weeks. He gave me an appointment for May in case it didn't work.

That's the background. What is Choka treatment. I gather its an instrument which works with the discs\thigh.

Even my countryside next door neighbour says its painful. Nice!!

I don't think its similar to an x ray guided internal cortisone jab.

What does this all do? Is it worth going through this pain? I know it must be something to do with lessening the pain in my thigh. 75% of patients have lessened pain.

Please please please some kind person tell me what it is. I am now absolutely scared stiff. Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Did you ask your partner what they are speaking of and let him know you are fearful?

I have never heard of this but maybe ask you neighbor too?

• Posted

I live in Spain and suffer from Lumbar and Cervical stenosis.  Last June I had a Radio Frequency treatment that has alleviated my back pain till now.  Here me go again.  I have never heard of a Choka treatment.  I am just about ready to have something done privately for my stenosis and have just started looking at resources.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.