2mg ativan per week

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there!

i was just wondering what your thoughts are on taking 1mg ativan twice a week for panic.

i hate relying on drugs but my anxiety is so severe i cant work without it! (i gig)

could i still be at risk of terrible withdrawal after say a year of taking it twice a week?

i suffer badly from depression which doesnt help either!

its either take the drugs or stop gigging 😦

thanks in advance!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi JP...I'm no expert but I would be very surprised if you would suffer bad or if any withdrawals from 2mg a week. I would imagine you would feel withdrawals in the days in between taking them if that was the case. Sorry I can't give you a definite answer. Try Google sometimes certain sites let you speak anonymously to a doctor.

• Edited

I take ativan as and when needed, normally once or twice a week. I've been prescribed this for a couple of years now and I haven't experienced any withdrawal symptoms. I am really careful not to take it more often than I do as it can be very tempting when anxiety is a daily occurrence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.