Skip to content
Ad

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are links to various resources from our site and others. If anyone has suggestions for other useful resources let me know but please do so by contacting me and not replying in this thread. Any links for inclusion will have to be from non-commercial reputable sites. Patient Leaflets https://patient.info/health/benzodiazepines-and-z-drugs...

Last reply
  • Diazepam taper help needed

Am on diazepam 7mgs for 10 years.Have reached tolerance and they are making anxiety worse over the last 3 years.l take them for sleep however they now make me so agitated and anxious and during the day l feel as though I am going through withdrawal.Any advice would be great.l have read so many horror...

Last reply
  • Diazepam cause anger?

I've recently been given diazepam... I had the most intense anger yester day and it scared me. I felt like I could actually hurt someone or myself. Has anyone else experienced this on diazepam and if so did it subside with continuation of taking them? I don't know what to do as they help massively...

Last reply
  • mirtazapine face muscle/fat-loss/pale /dark circles

Hello everyone, I have been tapering Ambien for insomnia (after tapering xanax) with the help of Mirtazapine to help me sleep and from the very first time I took mirtazapine I noticed huge dark circles under my eyes, sunken face (while before it was cubbier, with the same body weight...), pale skin,...

Posted
  • Completely addicted to Zopiclone!!!

I am at the point where I am taking up to 14 tabs in two days. This has happened twice now. My doctor is aware of my addiction. She has me on a slow taper but I can't even control myself....i will take too many and always run out....and then go through horrible w/d........please help me. ----...

Last reply
  • STOPPING VALIUM COLD TURKEY. ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

I'm having to stop taking valium cold turkey, as my psych has not mailed me a script for it. I've been waiting 2 weeks, rang her office a few times, but still no script in the mail. She did this to me on another occasion too. I have been weaning off this and was down to 3 and a half 5mg tabs...

Last reply
  • My experience of zopiclone (down the rabbit hole)

Hi my name is Margaret and I am a 35 year old housewife who is prescribed 3x 3.75mg zopiclone a nightand I would like to share with you the signs of an addiction silently creeping up in order someone might recognise where they are and stop the process( unlike I who was given no warning s at all and blundered...

Last reply
  • Ten year anniversary on Zopiclone :) :'(

Coming up to ten years on this amazingly horrible drug. I was given it after being awake for 6 days straight, I was told it was not addictive and was given 3 months supply by the NHS psychotherapist. I am now stuck on it, when I started it I told them I was happy on 3.75mg and the doctor said "You're...

Last reply
  • The NHS is a utter joke and ought to be closed down

sorry guys but need to rant about our forever loving and caring NHS. So around a year ago I had a brilliant doctor who couldn't do more for me after suffering severe depression, anxiety and psychosis then I moved to a new part of the country and the new doctor treated me like an uneducated child....

Last reply
  • Diazepam reduction 1mg per day ?

I have very recently found out i have a problem with Diazepam . I dont drink or smoke or take any other drugs or medication and iam quite fit and healthly , at the gym approx 3 time per week and eat very very healthly . But i do severe from the most severe insomnia. 8 days ago after attempting to stop...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone and sleep driving

I am a 67 year old retired male. I have been on Zopiclone for years to help me sleep. I have a history of sleep walking. On the 20th March this year I had my usual 6 cans of lager between 9pm and 11.30pm and retired to bed after taking my Zopiclone sleeping pill. Some 5 hours later I thought I was having...

Last reply
  • Stopping Lorazepam after 20 years. Just started 2 days ago.

I have been on Lorazepam for about 20 years for sleep due to anxiety. 3 mg a night. also have severe idiopathic neuropathy, degenerative joint disease, degenerative disc disease and much more. Had ACDF neck surgery 2 years ago and might need another one. Been on 5/325 hydrocodone for 10 or more years....

Last reply
  • Reaction to Diazepam?

Ive been prescribed diazepam to help with my anxiety when it hits. I’d been feeling better so hadn’t taken any. I took some last night to help me sleep and this morning I feel extremely anxious, shaky and agitated. I’m wondering if this is some kind of reaction to the diazepam or whether it’s the anxiety...

Last reply
  • How to avoid building a tolerence to benzos??

Hi I've been taking benzos for nearly 2 years on a daily basis ( although I did take a 6 week break). I've tried Valium (up to 40mg: max dose), Lorazepam (up to 10mg), Prazepam/Lysanxia (60mg/ 120 drops)  I didn't start at those doses I started at low doses & worked my way up to...

Last reply
  • Ativan help please, I’m freaking out

I’ve been on this for 3 weeks. I take a1/4 of a.5mg lorazepam once a day.  I also take 20mg of propranolol twice a day for migraines and vertigo.  I don’t feel good on the Ativan and I’m freaking out at all the horrid stories about getting off this med.  I want to taper off cause I know...

Last reply
  • Long Term use of Zopiclone

Hi everyone; I’m 36 years old and have been taking Zopiclone on and off for almost ten years. During very high times of stres, I find myself taking 7.5mg. However when work and personal life are not stressful I can get away with 2.5-5mg.  My question is this, I’ve tried for years to get off this...

Last reply
  • Ativan taper help

I know this will sound stupid, but i"ve been on a 1/4 of  a .5mg ativan once a day  for about 11 days and I am so afraid of getting addicted I want to stop them unless i need on occationally.  I want to know how I taper this.  I started today by taking an 1/8 of the .5mg and...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone withdrawal

Hi everyone. I was on zopiclone for about ten or so years on a very high dose and it was terrifying with its effects. It not only most likely caused frightening hallucinations but made me like I was drunk and affected the things I say to people that has resulted in so much embarrassment and humiliation...

Last reply
  • zopiclone

I have been on zopiclone for 8 years 2 7.5 when I went to fill my perscription I dont have a regulat dr I went to 8 walk ins in surrey bc and was treated with such distain I finally gave up. I have been cold turkey for 4 months and its pure hell.

Last reply
  • Zopiclone withdrawal and diazepam

Hi. I've posted before but not about this specifically. I'm in a real mess with medication and suffering with terrible anxiety and depression. I've been taking Zopiclone for 6 weeks. Initially 3.75 and it helped but then stopped working. So doc said go up to 7.5. I've been on that for...

Last reply
  • Short-term Zopiclone use and longer term muscular weakness/pain

Has anybody experienced muscle weakness and pain/aches (in the legs) following taking Zopiclone for a short amount of time? I’ve had it for 6 weeks, since taking the Zopiclone. I also started on an antidepressant at the same time, so it’s dofficult to know if these are side-effects from them instead..

Last reply
  • Zopiclone

Please can anyone tell me how they managed to get off a Zopiclone addiction. I take 7 tablets a day. Some times less but it's increasing. I am ready scared. Those who have been to doctors. What did they say? Taper off and how? I cannot afford to go and see a doctor at this point

Last reply
  • db1 db1

Dosage of Zopiclone?

I am interested what dosage of Zopiclone other users (especially long term users) are prescribed, as I am a concerned daughter whose 65 year old mother is very addicted to this drug. She has taken various drugs for insomnia and depression for a very long time, the lastest being Zopiclone for the last...

Last reply
  • Why is Zopiclone so awful

Will somebody tell me the reason for the hysterical comments, and hate campaign against this sleeping tablet . Please don't tell me to read  yards of stuff on different forums and sites, What is so bad  about it. . I get sleep, and nothing else, (thankfully ).  It can't be so bad...

Last reply
  • Diazepam and brain damage

Hello! Could anyone please let me know the sort of brain damage that diazepam and similar benzodiazepines cause in the brain? Specifically: 1) What exactly is damaged in the brain? 2) How long does one need to be exposed to the drug before damage starts occurring? 3) Does taking the drug very...

Last reply
  • Valium tapering down, some natropathics should be considerded

I've been in all kinds of discussion regarding Valium and how bad it is, withdrawals, people being cut off etc.  While tapering very slowly is def the way to go if you can don't rule out some natural therapies while tapering to get your body and brain healthy as possible for all the changes...

Last reply
  • Direct Ativan Taper - Dry cuts

Hello everyone,  I made this direct ativan taper plan.  Let me know what you think and tell me if it's something you might use.  It only goes up to 0.80, I'm not jumping off at 0.80, just not sure what I'm going to do after that.  Thanks 2.60 1.00 0.75 0.45  0.40 ...

Posted
  • zopiclone addiction

Hi, I am glad to have found this group! I started taking Zopiclone over 3 years ago, initially as I travelled quite a bit and found it difficult to sleep often. Then in Jan 2011 I was in the US for a week, and took a 7.5mg tab every night. I can remember feeling much more calm and relaxed; when I returned...

Last reply
  • Two weeks out from Final Dose of Valium

I have just done 2 weeks from my last 2mg dose of valium. I have been tapering on and off for ages.   Pleased to be off it, but still finding it hard to sleep and I am feeling agitated and nervous.  Hopefully, this will pass.   On the upside, its been better than some of the...

Last reply
  • Dangers of taking Zopiclone

Has anyone heard  rerports about Zopiclone being dangerous to health and that it can eventually kill you.  Sounds like scaremongering i know, but  sure its not.  Also, is there any proof of this.  

Last reply
  • Sleep aids

Hello all, I have just weaned myself off of Zopiclone after TWENTY years. Yes 20 years. I think I get the boobie prize. Now my sleep is back to how it was before I started it. TERRIBLE. I have, over the years, tried all suggested ways to improve my sleep with no success. I am now trying natural remedies...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.