Skip to content
Ad

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are links to various resources from our site and others. If anyone has suggestions for other useful resources let me know but please do so by contacting me and not replying in this thread. Any links for inclusion will have to be from non-commercial reputable sites. Patient Leaflets https://patient.info/health/benzodiazepines-and-z-drugs...

Last reply
  • Diazepam taper help needed

Am on diazepam 7mgs for 10 years.Have reached tolerance and they are making anxiety worse over the last 3 years.l take them for sleep however they now make me so agitated and anxious and during the day l feel as though I am going through withdrawal.Any advice would be great.l have read so many horror...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone - Side Effects

I was prescribed Zopiclone about four years ago as a remedy for chronic insomnia - I have Fibromyalgia and the lack of sleep was absolutely killing me. At first I was just really, really happy to be getting 8 hours of solid sleep and woke up feeling like I could take on the world. However, one morning...

Last reply
  • Valium tapering down, some natropathics should be considerded

I've been in all kinds of discussion regarding Valium and how bad it is, withdrawals, people being cut off etc.  While tapering very slowly is def the way to go if you can don't rule out some natural therapies while tapering to get your body and brain healthy as possible for all the changes...

Last reply
  • My life feels like it's slowly coming apart

Hey guys, Thanks in advance for anynody that decideds to reach out, really feeling like any help on this would be amazing right now. So this is my story... I've been taking valium for about 4 years, I only used it very now and again when I was working in Asia as the jet lag always kicked me and...

Last reply
  • My experience of zopiclone (down the rabbit hole)

Hi my name is Margaret and I am a 35 year old housewife who is prescribed 3x 3.75mg zopiclone a nightand I would like to share with you the signs of an addiction silently creeping up in order someone might recognise where they are and stop the process( unlike I who was given no warning s at all and blundered...

Last reply
  • die die

I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS.

I'VE BEEN ON ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS. I TRYED TO STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE VERY BAD. I HAD FAST HEART RATE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWEATS, THE JERKS AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING 5 TO 6, 7.5MG PER NIGHT IN THE END. I'M GETTING HELP TO COME OFF THEM. I...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Addiction

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I am a 23 year old student, and I initially started taking Zops in 2013...so its been over 4 years Please dont judge me, as what I am about to reveal may seem alarming. I am ashamed but I feel trapped and I feel like these pills have ruined my life. I want...

Last reply
  • Can't sleep so stressed out.

Hi I suffered from Insomnia for years on and off. I'm going through a particularly bad time at the moment. I just want a good night's sleep. I can't concentrate eat sleep I have no inclination to do anything. My doctor won't prescribe me anything. Can anyone please help. By the way...

Last reply
  • Lorazepam Taper

My GP has made me taper off lorazepam, reducing 0.5mg everyday Today wed 19/07/17 3mg Thursday 20/07/17 2.5mg Friday 21/07/17 2mg Saturday 22/07/17 1.5mg Sunday 23/07/17 1mg Monday 24/07/17 0.5mg Tuesday 25/07/17 0mg Wednesday 26/07/17 0mg Thursday 27/07/17 0mg Does this not sound too fast? What should...

Last reply
  • Psychiatrist switched me to lorazepam from valium

Ok I've been taking Valium 7.5 mg Valium-am 5.0mg at noon 2.5mg at 4pm and 7.5mg at bedtime. Now I take 1mg clonazepam am and pm and 5mg of Valium at noon and 2.5mg at 4pm . Can anyone tell me the equivalent 1mg clonazepam = how many mg's of Valium

Last reply
  • Is it my hormones or Zopiclone ?

Hi All... Feel like i am getting worse and struggling day by day... but i am not sure it is my hormone levels or the zopiclone tablets. I had a full hysterectomy 12 years ago at the age of 39, both ovaried removed. Went on HRT patch for 3 yrs...wasn't too bad.. but had funny turns... GP's couldn't...

Last reply
  • Is it my hormones or Zopiclone ?

Hi All... Feel like i am getting worse and struggling day by day... but i am not sure it is my hormone levels or the zopiclone tablets. I had a full hysterectomy 12 years ago at the age of 39, both ovaried removed. Went on HRT patch for 3 yrs...wasn't too bad.. but had funny turns... GP's couldn't...

Posted
  • Probiotics??

Has anyone tried probiotics?? I was wondering if it helped with the stomach problems that go along with withdrawls

Last reply
  • Tolerance withdrawal or not?

I have been on diazepam for about 19 years, current dose 22mg per day, it wasn't always that high and I went 10 of those years with no increase at all, last increase was about a year ago. I feel like I am in withdrawal, I am having all of the physical symptoms and 24/7 fear with agoraphobia so it...

Last reply
  • Diazepam reduction 1mg per day ?

I have very recently found out i have a problem with Diazepam . I dont drink or smoke or take any other drugs or medication and iam quite fit and healthly , at the gym approx 3 time per week and eat very very healthly . But i do severe from the most severe insomnia. 8 days ago after attempting to stop...

Last reply
  • Tapering works..my story.

Hi all, It has been one year since I took my last Lorazepam. I was on them for 20 years. They worked great for me...I was debilitated by anxiety disorder when I started them...I couldn't leave the house, drive, work, shop etc. And along with a bit of counseling I was able to resume my life. The...

Last reply
  • Zolpidem - has it caused anxiety/agitation for anyone?

Hello. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and have been taking Zolpidem for many months now. Initially and for quite a while it worked great but I remember wondering if I felt a bit more anxious in the morning/day after. Now months later I do think it has intensified my depression/anxiety but...

Last reply
  • Stopping Zopiclone Cold Turkey

I've been taking Zopiclone for less than a year and after reading all the side effects of this drug I've decided to stop taking it immediately.   To give you a little background I was on clonazepan for over 5 years and when my doctor retired my new doctor said I should get off of it...

Last reply
  • Will this plan screw me over?

Been on benzos or 8 weeks,  tapering schedule: 2.50 - 10 - 14 days 2.25 - 10 - 14 days 2.00 - 10 - 14 days 1.75 - 10 - 14 days 1.50 - 10 - 14 days 1.25 - 10 - 14 days 1.00 - 10 - 14 days 0.75 - 10 - 14 days 0.50 - 10 - 14 days 0.25 - jump

Last reply
  • Dosing schedule question

Hello Right now i am taking 2 divided doses of 2.50mg of ativan everyday,  1.25 at 8 and 1.25 at 4.  However I am experiencing some interdose withdrawal.  If I change the schedule of the doses to three times a day does it take time for my body to adjust to the division?  Will I experience...

Posted
  • Zopiclone 7.5 not working. Any alternatives?

I have been diagnosed with severe depression following a serious suicide attempt three weeks ago. Since then I have been sleeping maybe one to two hours a night. The crisis team suggested I try zopiclone which my GP prescribed for me three nights ago. I've never taken any form of sleeping pill before....

Last reply
  • Should GPs be FORCING their patients off Nitrazepam?

My 67 year old mother had her prescribed medicines "review" over the telephone a couple of weeks ago, during which the young GP forced her to come off Nitrazepam (saying that they were no longer being produced and using scare tactics such as they can lead to dementia). The GP said she would...

Last reply
  • Valium taper

Hi Everyone, I have been doing a slow taper off diazapam. Was prescribed 5mg 3 months ago. After a month tapered slowly now down to 1.25 mg and the withdrawal has just hit me. Feel awful. Blood pressure and heart rate spikes, headache, flu like symptons. Not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions....

Last reply
  • I want to stop taking Lorazepam. How do I stop?

I have taken approximately 86 Lorazepam over the last 104 days. Sometimes 1mg a day, sometimes 0.5mg a day and, sometimes not at all. I really did not know that these could become addicting or that I could go through withdrawal when I stop taking them. I don't want to take them anymore. Over the...

Last reply
  • Actually so lost - Ativan

Ok please look at my signature,  as you can see it's a mess.  The highest daily dose i had ever been on was 2mg,  and then I got adverse effects so I tapered, but tapered way too quickly and went into SEVERE withdrawals,  I tried so hard to make it through but it wasn't happening. ...

Last reply
  • Lorazepam

I started taking diazepam up to 6mg a day, Then I progressed to lorazepam going from 1mg a day now up to 3mg a day. And occasionally diazepam 5mg or 10mg. I'm so worried because basically whenever I don't take I'm a mess. I can't breathe with intense anxiety and nausea! The suicidal...

Last reply
  • cold turkey

Hi Guys i stopped taking Diazapam 4 weeks ago,i was ok for the first 10 days,but since then i have insomnia almost like an anxiety feeling coming from my stomach up into my chest and throat all the time,iv'e never experienced this before,hence labelling it as anxiety,i had been taking from 5mg to...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone

Has anyone been able to buy zopiclone in pharmacies in Spain. I am shortly going on holiday soon and remember other people saying they were obtainable over the counter. if so, what name do they go by in Spanish. any info greatly appreciated.   Don't want to run out on holiday.

Posted
  • Tapering off of Oxazepam 10mgs - Need some advice.

I am so new this and my anxiety is getting the best of me, but its time for me to finally come off of Oxazepam. It has come to my attention that the pharamacutical companies are slowing discontinuing this drug. So with that said My Doctor has put me on Diazepam  10mgs.  I have been on Oxazepam...

Last reply
  • Am attempting subutex and dizepam detox but no sleep

I've been prescribed opiates and Valium for 5 yrs since a brain tumour.I have requested to come off of them but I know now that it can't be done in a healthy manner...emotionally was up there with the worst experience of my life. I have had alcohol detoxes which were debilitating but I would...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.