Skip to content
Ad

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are links to various resources from our site and others. If anyone has suggestions for other useful resources let me know but please do so by contacting me and not replying in this thread. Any links for inclusion will have to be from non-commercial reputable sites. Patient Leaflets https://patient.info/health/benzodiazepines-and-z-drugs...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal from benzodiazepines

Hi  I was wondering if anyone had ever withdrawn from benzodiazepines and if so how did they go about it and how long did it take. Also what are the side effects of withdrawal and how did people cope. Many thanks. xx

Last reply
  • Two weeks out from Final Dose of Valium

I have just done 2 weeks from my last 2mg dose of valium. I have been tapering on and off for ages.   Pleased to be off it, but still finding it hard to sleep and I am feeling agitated and nervous.  Hopefully, this will pass.   On the upside, its been better than some of the...

Last reply
  • Tapering works..my story.

Hi all, It has been one year since I took my last Lorazepam. I was on them for 20 years. They worked great for me...I was debilitated by anxiety disorder when I started them...I couldn't leave the house, drive, work, shop etc. And along with a bit of counseling I was able to resume my life. The...

Last reply
  • Sleep aids

Hello all, I have just weaned myself off of Zopiclone after TWENTY years. Yes 20 years. I think I get the boobie prize. Now my sleep is back to how it was before I started it. TERRIBLE. I have, over the years, tried all suggested ways to improve my sleep with no success. I am now trying natural remedies...

Last reply
  • Ativan question

I was given Ativan .5mg by my psychiatrist.  I have taken a 1/4 of a pill for 2 days and 1/2 a pill and wonder if it ok to not take anymore.  It doesn't make me feel great and I don't want to continue and have withdrawal. I should have withdrawal stopping it now? Thanks 

Last reply
  • Diazepam taper help needed

Am on diazepam 7mgs for 10 years.Have reached tolerance and they are making anxiety worse over the last 3 years.l take them for sleep however they now make me so agitated and anxious and during the day l feel as though I am going through withdrawal.Any advice would be great.l have read so many horror...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone - Side Effects

I was prescribed Zopiclone about four years ago as a remedy for chronic insomnia - I have Fibromyalgia and the lack of sleep was absolutely killing me. At first I was just really, really happy to be getting 8 hours of solid sleep and woke up feeling like I could take on the world. However, one morning...

Last reply
  • zopiclone withdrawal is kind of the worst

I've been taking this daily for about 4 months now and as of running out of refills I've finally hit rock bottom. Anxious/Heart races all night/twitching constantly when im trying to sleep. I just don't understand why they give you a prescription of 60 days worth to begin with if it is this...

Last reply
  • die die

I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS.

I'VE BEEN ON ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS. I TRYED TO STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE VERY BAD. I HAD FAST HEART RATE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWEATS, THE JERKS AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING 5 TO 6, 7.5MG PER NIGHT IN THE END. I'M GETTING HELP TO COME OFF THEM. I...

Last reply
  • Stopping Lorazepam after 20 years. Just started 2 days ago.

I have been on Lorazepam for about 20 years for sleep due to anxiety. 3 mg a night. also have severe idiopathic neuropathy, degenerative joint disease, degenerative disc disease and much more. Had ACDF neck surgery 2 years ago and might need another one. Been on 5/325 hydrocodone for 10 or more years....

Last reply
  • 4 Zopiclone 7.5mg per night. Please help!

Hello Everyone Just in a bit of a state really.  I have been on zopiclone for 5 years now.  initially it was prescribed by a doctor but understandably the doctor wouldn't give me more so i started to self medicate....buying online.  I spend about £100 per month and i dont earn...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone side effects after long term use

Hello you all! I´m new here so I really don´t know how this works.  But I have some questions for those here who have experienced sideeffects from after long term use (abuse) of the drug Zopiclone.  Is there someone here who has experienced indigestion after using Zopiclone or...

Last reply
  • zopiclon

I have been on zopiclone for 7 years since  I moved to Surret B,C, I have been refused by 8 walk in clinics to give me a perscription

Last reply
  • Zoplicone

I have been taking these for a couple of years now and went away recently and forgot to bring them. I couldn’t sleep and I started having horrendous hallucinations. I was so disturbed the next day. I constantly feel twitchy and moody and am terrified that I know I’m addicted to them. I don’t know how...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone and muscular problems?

Has anyone else experienced muscular problems from taking Zopiclone. I only took 7.5mg for 3 consecutive nights, but a noticeable weakness in my thighs coincided with this.  It's been over 4 weeks since I took the Zopiclones and I still have the symptoms. I'm also taking Sertraline to treat...

Last reply
  • Valium causing headache

Every time I take a Valium I get an extreme headache in my forehead! What do y'all recommend to take for an over the counter remedy?

Last reply
  • Lorazepam .25 once a day, withdrawal?

I've been taking Ativan on an as needed basis since August, usually I would only take a half of .5 pill a day, .25 usually around dinner. But I stopped taking any last Wednesday and yesterday I felt kinda weird, anxiety was coming in and I was shaky. I wanna stop taking it but don't want withdrawal...

Last reply
  • Benzodiazepine addiction help (NHS)

So I currently take 2mg of clonazepam (Rivotril) in the morning for general anxiety and 1 - 2mg of alprazolam (Xanax) for panic attacks as the clonazepam doesn't help them much and finally 2 x 30mg of temazepam at bed time for sleep sometimes with another 1mg Xanax. Now around a year ago I moved...

Last reply
  • tapering off zopiclone

hello all, i am currently on 7.5mg zopiclone a night my gp halfed this with out assisting with tapering , worried! i have an appointment this afternoon to discuss this i have written everything down as dont have a printer hope this will be fine? . could anyone please tell me do i have a right to be referred...

Last reply
  • Zolpidem - has it caused anxiety/agitation for anyone?

Hello. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and have been taking Zolpidem for many months now. Initially and for quite a while it worked great but I remember wondering if I felt a bit more anxious in the morning/day after. Now months later I do think it has intensified my depression/anxiety but...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone withdrawal and diazepam

Hi. I've posted before but not about this specifically. I'm in a real mess with medication and suffering with terrible anxiety and depression. I've been taking Zopiclone for 6 weeks. Initially 3.75 and it helped but then stopped working. So doc said go up to 7.5. I've been on that for...

Last reply
  • Diazepam and brain damage

Hello! Could anyone please let me know the sort of brain damage that diazepam and similar benzodiazepines cause in the brain? Specifically: 1) What exactly is damaged in the brain? 2) How long does one need to be exposed to the drug before damage starts occurring? 3) Does taking the drug very...

Last reply
  • 4 1/2 weeks on 5mg valium

Well actually, i was given valium while traveling abroad for severe panic attacks and i continued taking the 10mg prescribed for 3 weeks. I then dropped down to 5mg and have been on this dose for a week and a half. I am unsure if I should bother tapering anymore. I can go a day or two without any severe...

Last reply
  • Diazepam Taper - Suffering Awful Withdrawals - Advice Needed!

Hello, I have been taking Diazepam (up to 6mg) for nearly 4 months and am desperate to stop as soon as possible but I am having a really tough time tapering. I was (wrongly) given Sertraline at a low dose in December (25mg) for an existing anxiety disorder that had actually been caused by a vestibular...

Last reply
  • Muscle weakness from Zopiclone?

I recently had a terrible bout of insomnia. I was prescribed 3.75 mg of Zopiclone and advised that I could take 7.5mg over the course of a night. On the second night I took 7.5mg straightaway, as the 3.75mg hadn't given me an improvement in my sleep.  The next day I noticed a significant change...

Last reply
  • Etizolam similar to Zopiclne?

So I'm looking for an alternative to Zopiclone and I have come across Etizalam. It's apparently used for insomnia in India and Japan and has been for years. It is not a controlled drug in the UK and easy to get hold. Has anyone heard of it? Tried it? Would love to here your thought as I'm...

Last reply
  • Is it my hormones or Zopiclone ?

Hi All... Feel like i am getting worse and struggling day by day... but i am not sure it is my hormone levels or the zopiclone tablets. I had a full hysterectomy 12 years ago at the age of 39, both ovaried removed. Went on HRT patch for 3 yrs...wasn't too bad.. but had funny turns... GP's couldn't...

Last reply
  • My experience of zopiclone (down the rabbit hole)

Hi my name is Margaret and I am a 35 year old housewife who is prescribed 3x 3.75mg zopiclone a nightand I would like to share with you the signs of an addiction silently creeping up in order someone might recognise where they are and stop the process( unlike I who was given no warning s at all and blundered...

Last reply
  • Zopione

I have read with great interest the numerous postings on Zoplicone and would like to share my experience. I have been on 15 mg Zoplicone for the last 10 years. Initially I was prescribed 7.5mg for 2 months and it was then increased to 15 mg. The reason why it was prescribed is because I had, and still...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Addiction

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I am a 23 year old student, and I initially started taking Zops in 2013...so its been over 4 years Please dont judge me, as what I am about to reveal may seem alarming. I am ashamed but I feel trapped and I feel like these pills have ruined my life. I want...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.