Skip to content

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

New discussion Join group Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Emis Moderator M
    Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are links to various resources from our site and others. If anyone has suggestions for other useful resources let me know but please do so by contacting me and not replying in this thread. Any links for inclusion will have to be from non-commercial reputable sites. Patient Leaflets

2 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • laura45062 2
  • shirley39147 1

zopiclon

I have been on zopiclone for 7 years since  I moved to Surret B,C, I have been refused by 8 walk in clinics to give me a perscription

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Emmkay 2

Zopiclone side effects after long term use

Hello you all! I´m new here so I really don´t know how this works.  But I have some questions for those here who have experienced sideeffects from after long term use (abuse) of the drug Zopiclone.  Is there someone here who has experienced indigestion after using Zopiclone or simular drugs.  If so

33 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • nickzwick 1

addicted to zopiclone

hi I have been taking this drug for several i am addicted, I have been using for calming me after a full day of stressful work, or stressful also at night i sleep very well. I crave the meds and when i get home, have my dinner , I take my first 1/2 of 7.5

9 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lee08575 2

zopiclone withdrawals and WTF? help !

Hi all, so a tiny bit background. I'm 33 years old, male. In my 20's i had a really bad problem with anxiety and drinking (to stop the anxiety) Anyway FFW 10 or so years im living an almost perfect life, amazing wife, NO anxiety, living in Melbourne, Australia but my workload is getting a bit

11 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • db1 1

Dosage of Zopiclone?

I am interested what dosage of Zopiclone other users (especially long term users) are prescribed, as I am a concerned daughter whose 65 year old mother is very addicted to this drug. She has taken various drugs for insomnia and depression for a very long time, the lastest being Zopiclone for the

37 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • Gina1953 1

Tapering off of Oxazepam 10mgs - Need some advice.

I am so new this and my anxiety is getting the best of me, but its time for me to finally come off of Oxazepam. It has come to my attention that the pharamacutical companies are slowing discontinuing this drug. So with that said My Doctor has put me on Diazepam  10mgs.  I have been on Oxazepam 10

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • sarah94ox 2

Zopiclone Addiction

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I am a 23 year old student, and I initially started taking Zops in its been over 4 years Please dont judge me, as what I am about to reveal may seem alarming. I am ashamed but I feel trapped and I feel like these pills have ruined my life. I

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • christine201 1

STOPPING VALIUM COLD TURKEY. ANY ADVICE PLEASE?

I'm having to stop taking valium cold turkey, as my psych has not mailed me a script for it. I've been waiting 2 weeks, rang her office a few times, but still no script in the mail. She did this to me on another occasion too. I have been weaning off this and was down to 3 and a half 5mg tabs per day,...

18 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • claire83539 2

Zopiclone addiction

I have been following this forum for a few months now and it has helped me investigate alternaitves to Zopiclone. I haven't posted before as I wanted to post a positive outcome which might help other readers. ​Very briefly (which isn't like me at all!) I was prescribed Zopiclone in October of 2015

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • daz44291 1
  • lilly13 3

lorazepam cold turkey..

hi everyone has ANYONE quit lorazepam cold turkey.. ? this might not be the best place to ask i did find some videos on youtube of people who have but i want to know more.. i was on it for anxiety i was put on it in october of 2016 and i only took it for a month and a half 0.5mg and i will be 5

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • keith09733 3

zopiclone addiction

Hi, I am glad to have found this group! I started taking Zopiclone over 3 years ago, initially as I travelled quite a bit and found it difficult to sleep often. Then in Jan 2011 I was in the US for a week, and took a 7.5mg tab every night. I can remember feeling much more calm and relaxed; when I

71 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Diane Kay 1

Diazepam withdrawal symptoms

I have been taking diazepam 10mg daily for over 2 years, this medication has nearly destroyed my life, I am not the woman I used to be. I decided that enough is enough and discontinued them 12 days ago, I feel terrible, could somebody please let me know what kind of withdrawal symptoms I may get or

18 replies 3 votes Last reply
  • dcran66 1
  • patty50572 1

tried, failed

I have been on ativan, then clonazepam and now valium for 14 years. I have never stopped. I ran low this past month. I am prescribed 20 mg per day. Some days I take more. The last two weeks I ran out and could not get a refill until yesterday. I was hoping I could just stop, go through a little

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Annonymouss 3

Clonazepam making me depressed??

Hi so i'm 22, suffer with severe disabling GAD, to the point that i've lost 4 jobs and I can't leave the house alone anymore. i've been through loads of meds, currently on pregabalin twice a day, quetipine at night, diazepam for emergancies and now i've been given clonazepam 0.5-1mg at night. the

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • zaphod 3

Zopiclone, and the alternatives

I started this discussion as Egggbert or Zaphod (so many passwords to try and remember). My personal opinion, Zopiclone is the best and most reliable drug there is for long term insomnia, that being said. Recently it has been reclssified as a CD4 drug, that means that no UK GP will prscribe more

52 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • judy96662 2

Sugar? + Tablets vs. Liquid Valium

We're not to eat sugar while withdrawing.  Does this include fresh fruit?  Maybe some fresh fruit and not others.  Would appreciate some feedback from those who may have had increased s/x's if fruit may be culprit.  Had a wonderful window yesterday.  Back to the elongated wave starting today. 

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • gary90980 1
  • craig1974 2

Diazepam withdrawal

Been on diazepam for 26 years and now my doctor has taken me off them. The withdrawal is terrible and she has put me on Buspirone but they don't do anything for my panic attacks/anxiety at all. Any advice on what else I can try for severe anxiety? Thanks, CRAIG 1974

10 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • dave92332 2

taper query

Hi peeps, I'm currently tapering via prescription from docs, but before hand or for the best part of 15 - 18years I was using diazepam in large amounts both for anxiety and recreational purposes. Doses were crazy amounts from 100mg to 500mg at a time but that was along time ago,. Now for the past

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Beezwax 2
  • craig1974 2
  • jana3000 2

Zopiclone

Which brand has the fewest side effects, for example: cognitive decline, anger outburst, burning sensations in extremities, suicidal ideation??? There are over 100 brands. I believe I could find one with very few or none adverse effects. Please advise.

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • margaret77 2

My experience of zopiclone (down the rabbit hole)

Hi my name is Margaret and I am a 35 year old housewife who is prescribed 3x 3.75mg zopiclone a nightand I would like to share with you the signs of an addiction silently creeping up in order someone might recognise where they are and stop the process( unlike I who was given no warning s at all and

462 replies 18 votes Last reply
  • die 1

I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS.

I'VE BEEN ON ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS. I TRYED TO STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE VERY BAD. I HAD FAST HEART RATE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWEATS, THE JERKS AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING 5 TO 6, 7.5MG PER NIGHT IN THE END. I'M GETTING HELP TO COME OFF THEM. I AM

55 replies 4 votes Last reply
  • bri57085 3

Clonazepam withdrawals??

I was put on clonazepam .5 and I took it for 5 weeks everyday after I had my 2nd baby because I suffer from anxiety. I remember when she was five weeks old I didn't take it for a couple of days and right when I started my first period (sorry tmi) which was 3 days later that I hadn't taken any, I

• paul6567 2

Zopiclone and cocaine and alcohol abuse!

aaron56050 20 December 2013 at 23:27PM I have been abusing cocaine alcohol and zopiclone! I have took up to 20 7.5mg a night after come and alcohol, I have just had two nights of coke and gone from 8 zops on average a night to 3, I need help with coming off zops, I know I am stupid abusing drugs

29 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

My experience of taking Nitrazepam

When i take my tablets they make me feel good for a little wile. They dont make me sleepy i just feel nice. It is when i take my other sleeping tablet with them that is when i get some sleep. The other ones are amertripterlean if i take them seperate thay dont put me to sleep i have to take them

4 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • chrissy 87578 2

Scared to come off zopiclone and clonzapam

I've been in hospital for 18 months just been discharged (mental health reasons) I've been taking zopI clone 7.5 for this time. My psychiatrist knows my concern and says shed give me zopiclone for a short period till I 'have a good sleeping pattern' which is never without zopiclone im scared that they'

• ann55375 5

Diazepam

during my depression i was given mirtazapine  and diazepam.  I have almost got off the mirtazapine but still take 5mg diazepam at 2am to get back to sleep.   I dont really want to have to take it but cannot drop it or i dont sleep.  I have tried taking 4mg to try to drop slowly down buti had to

• kwjd 1

About to have my 1st tablet help wanted!!!

what should i expect to happen i have only ever had 2 sleeping pills and that was while i was in hospital. I have been having sleeping problems for about 2 moths im tired but when i get into bed i just lie there.. I cam sit and read for hours the time just goes by i only ever really get to sleep

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Jim45991 2

My brain is out of control - post-withdrawal symptoms :(

I have quit diazepam about 3 months ago. I used 2mg every night for 2 months. I was prescribed it to cope with zopiclone/imovane withdrawal symptoms, which I took for 3 months top. But I feel like my brain is hurt/injured somehow and I don't understand since I tapered progressively and did

18 replies 3 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

Forums Terms & Conditions