Skip to content

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Advice on benzo taper

For over three years i have had depression based anxiety. Body rejected the anti depressants so I am left by psychiatrist with diazepam.  I have taken 5mg at night for four years, sleep is one of my problems and it seemed to help.  I also take 2 or 4mg in daytime as i get agitated.   …

Last reply
  • Buspirone

i have been advised that this is a possibility instead of being tolerant to diazepam. I am looking for anyone with experience of it

Posted
  • Zopiclone Withdrawal

Hi I stopped Zopiclone after taking it for 5 months 3 nights ago. Somehow I managed about 5 hrs interrupted sleep the first two nights. Last night I had no sleep and feel awful today. The doc said I can still take it if I feel desperate but I know I will slide back into the habit of taking it. Any …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone advice please?

So. I've decided due to the frustration of being unable to sleep to try zopiclone and see if that helps me. (I've taken it a few times before, like 6 in the past 4/5 months) and I've got a new prescription to last me 14 days. I took one last night, and unfortunately still kept waking up …

Last reply
  • Need thoughts on using Opioids to help with Xanax withdrawal

Hey everyone, I'm a 31 year-old male and I've been on and off Xanax for about 7 months now. My problem started a year ago when I would get heart palpitations at night right after lying on the bed and closing my eyes to sleep. My doctor (a cardiologist) said that it was due to my smoking …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone or Amitriptyline?

Ugh I'm so confused and don't know what to do, I'm partly confused due to the fact that I have to do all this research for self help because my doctors are no help whatsoever. But the thing I'm wondering is, what would be better to take to help me sleep. Zopiclone or Amitriptyline? …

Last reply
  • Valium 4doses of 7.5 last 2 weeks

Hi  I was given Valium and norco for tramadol withdrawal I have multiple cervical issues and a past anterior disectomy And fusion . I now have chronic. Pain from additional bulging disc and spondylitis . I recently quit a 10 yr tramadol  dose anywhere from 300 mg to 800 mg . It’s been 12 …

Last reply
  • Diazipam withdrawal please help

Hello  Long story short I was on 15mg if Diazipan (5mg 3 times a day) got down to 2.5mg in the morning and 2.5 at night . I have been tapering for 3 weeks now yesterday went down to 1.25mg in the morning and 2mg at night , I’m all over the place ! Upset tummy, dizzy, no appetite, increased …

Last reply
  • Tamazapam

I need off of this crap!!! HELP! Im taking 30mg at night and again when i wake in the morning.

Last reply
  • Xanax withdraw HELP PLEASE

Hi everyone. I am 26 years old and I could really use some help. I was taking Xanax 0.25mg daily for 2 months. I have bad case of anxiety. After i noticed it makes me feel bad i estimated (maybe wrong), that i should stop taking it cold turkey. And i did so 1 week ago. (I had no idea what are …

Last reply
  • Using benzos again

Hi, some months ago I abused on lorazepam, massive dose but only for about one month.. I haven't had a real withdrawal, just some anxiety (mainly caused by my fear of getting symptoms) and some muscular pain/spasms. Now I am feeling good but wanted to ask for some info: I drink a lot of alcohol …

Last reply
  • Taking .25 sometimes .5 at night for sleep

For three months I have taken either .5 or .25 for sleep.  I have never taken it no more thatn three or 4 times a week.  I was recently put on zoloft a week ago and my doctor says I can do klonopin every night till the zoloft kicks in which is maybe two weeks. I am nervous about doing it …

Last reply
  • Withdrawals, Antidepressant, Ativan, Cold Turkey

So I have had severe anxiety for 16 years  they put me on a antidepressant and have struggled some throughout the years but the medicine did help. So 6 months ago I was took cold turkey off my antidepressant because of possible serotonin syndrome I have been in severe withdrawals with anxiety …

Last reply
  • Positive withdrawal stories please

I have been taking lorazepam 1-3mg for 3-4 months and am now tapering off. The land of Google is a terrifying place for info on this subject. Please could anyone share any positive experiences coming off of this drug. Please no negative ones I've seen too many.

Last reply
  • Positive help / stories please

Hi I have seen other sensible advice on this forum and am looking for perspective / success stories and encouragement. I took lorazepam 2.5mg for about 8 months then tapering on diazepam. Tapered too fast by accident and ended up with quite a few withdrawal symptoms but really don’t want to go back …

Last reply
  • .25 Klonopin twice a day for 3 months

Hi. I've been on Klonopin .25 twice a day for almost 3 months. I was a mess three months ago while trying to get on an ssri. With the help of the Klonopin I'm now on 10mg of celexa and feel good! I'm ready to stop the Klonopin as I think now it is just making me tired. I'm sure my …

Last reply
  • die die

I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS.

I'VE BEEN ON ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS. I TRYED TO STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE VERY BAD. I HAD FAST HEART RATE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWEATS, THE JERKS AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING 5 TO 6, 7.5MG PER NIGHT IN THE END. I'M GETTING HELP TO COME OFF THEM. …

Last reply
  • tapering off zopiclone

hello all, i am currently on 7.5mg zopiclone a night my gp halfed this with out assisting with tapering , worried! i have an appointment this afternoon to discuss this i have written everything down as dont have a printer hope this will be fine? . could anyone please tell me do i have a right to be …

Last reply
  • Help quitting Diazepam!

Hi, sorry for my English: When I was 16 I was into a depression and I was treated years with 0,5 of Tranquimazin a day (Alprazolam) it helped with the depressive mood it did nothing with the sleep problems. A year ago or so (I'm now 22) I had muscular problems and was given 2,5 of Diazepam ( …

Last reply
  • I’m addicted to zopiclone and need to come off them!!!

I have been addicted to zopiclone for about 15 years. Started off at 1 7.5 a night, and gradually over the years I now take 20 a day. I can’t get through the day without taking 3 in the morning, then 3 to 6 when in work, and the rest in the evening. I feel happy, calm and confident. I suffer with …

Last reply
  • Muscular spasms and benzos

I am appealing to everyone prescribed the drug from hell aka benzodiazepine to come forward to relate their experiences on this drug. I am having wd of muscular spasms and wondered how many others are going thru this harrowing experience. Thanks.

Last reply
  • DIAZEPAM WITHDRAWAL? PELVIC AND RECTAL PAIN?

Hi there, I have to put this bluntly, not a nice subject, can anyone identify with this? I have had gastric and abdominal cramps recently during a slow withdrawal, 1mg per day each month. NOW I have pain on sitting down, just like a red hot poker, also painful cramps like period pain which I have …

Last reply
  • Weaning off zopiclone

Have decided to wean myself off Z ( with support from doctor ) ..has anyone done this successfully ....I've been using them for about 4 years 

Last reply
  • One glass of Mohito 5 hours before 0.25mg Clonazepam

I had one glass of mojito 5 hours before taking 0.25 mg of Clonazepam. I don't take this drug regularly only when needed during anxiety attacks. I have never mixed alcohol with drugs, I just forgot that earlier today I drank one cocktail and now I feel really stressed knowing that I have mixed …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Addiction

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I am a 23 year old student, and I initially started taking Zops in 2013...so its been over 4 years Please dont judge me, as what I am about to reveal may seem alarming. I am ashamed but I feel trapped and I feel like these pills have ruined my life. I …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Withdrawal - Help please

Hey guys, So I've had anxiety and panic for roughly 6 months now, I have been on Zopiclone 7.5mg for all that time and recently my doctor has stated to come off of it and I agree, the sleep is not restful and feeling fatigued all day.  But I am experiencing nasty side effects - Really …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Not Working

I was recently prescribed Zopiclone 3.75mg (14 tablets). I haven't noticed any significant changes in my sleep, I still can't fall asleep. I have discontinued use because I'm well aware of the potential for dependency and if it's not working I have no need to take them. Is it …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone stopped working - advice please

Hi I've been on zopiclone for over 12 months. I was managing with 3.75mg a night but had to increase it to 7.5mg to get through the night. This last week has been a nightmare and they seemed to have stopped working completely. Does anyone else have experience of this and any advice? Thanks

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.