Xanax and Sleep paralysis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi! I'm 30 yo and I'm 58kg x 173 cm.

Since when i Was 18yo i have anxiety problem I have been treated with Sertaline 50mg and Xanax 0.50 prolonged release.

In the last few years I have been able to manage my anxiety without drugs and occasionally (about once a month or less) I take Xanax exthended release. However, being the 0.50 mg dosage too much, I prefer to divide the 0.50 mg tablet into two or four parts (0.25 or 0.125 is final dosage).

Lately it happens to me that every time I take Xanax I have episodes of sleep paralysis or very deep sleep.

I have never had these problems in the past but now it always happens when I take Xanax and it never happens when I don't take it. The only thing that has changed compared to the past is my weight (before I weighed 70kg and now 58kg), the fact that I break the pill (in the instructions it says not to do it but the doctor told me that the risk was that to lose the prolonged-release effect) and the fact that I now use the drug occasionally.

Do I need to worry? How can I solve? Xanax is the only drug that helps me in those few moments of stress that I have but I think the normal dosages are too high for me.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

No, you do not, as long as you do not feel the need to take the medication more often or up the dosage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.