Diazepam tapering

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone...I came across this by chance and wondering how the best way is to taper off diaz with the least side effects. I've been on 18mg for just over 17 weeks after starting a new antidepressant. On Day 5 and feel so low and flat, no purpose, no worth type of thinking, not anxiety and panic attacks. I'm taking 2 x 2mg = 4mg on waking, 1 x 5mg late morning, 2 x 2mg = 4mg mid afternoon and 2.5mg of a 5mg + 1 x 2mg = 4.5mg at bedtime which is the one I tapered, was on a 5mg night one. My Dr is wanting me to be off a 2mg every 2 weeks but cant see that working given how I feel- crap! My thoughts are to stay on this dose until I stabilise then thought I might do by cutting that .5 into a half. Will this lessen the side effects in any way does anyone think? Next question is which one to start the taper on, should they evenly done ie taper the 5mg morn one by that 1/4 or get them all down to a 4mg eventually? Does doing evenly make any difference?

Hope someone out there has wisdom from their experience, realise we all tolerate drugs differently but it seems I am very sensitive

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Take the drug half the time. If you are supposed to take drugs twice a day, take them once.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.