Diazepam 2mg

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,just a bit of advice,out of nowhere I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder and have been taking 45mg of Mirtazapine at night,GP then prescribed Sertraline 50mg in the morning and 2mg diazepam for 4 weeks to help with the side affects,my query is will i get withdrawels when i stop the diazepam,I have been taking 1mg twice daily although i was told I could take 2mg twice daily but I am terrified of getting addicted.Thanks in Advance

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Maggie

Even on diazepam for a short while you will get withdrawal symptoms. Do not come off it all at once but reduce gradually by a quarter of a tablet every 2 weeks until you are down to zero. Try not to increase your current dose. Diazepam is a dreadful drug and much better to do deep breathing exercises/meditation. I have finally come off this drug after being on 2mg a day for many years and it took me a year to finally ditch the last quarter. Good luck.

• Posted

Has the doctor mentioned Propranolol. This is prescribed for anxiety and is much safer than a benzo. It helps with the physical symptoms of anxiety and a low dose of 10 mg once or twice a day may be helpful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.