Help Switching from Zopiclone to Diazepam (ashton method)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there, I really could use soem feedback from anyone who has done the ashton method for zopiclone to valium. I am suffering enormously on zopiclone, been on it for a long time, my doctor is willing to do it

Here's the thing:

I tried switching for one night, following the ashton method: from 7.5 mg, to half of that, plus 8 mg of diazapem (doctor recommended) . (that is supposedly a high amount of diazapem for the amount of zop i'm taking.

I didn't sleep at all and my heart rate went fast! mindblowing.

I was a wreck the next day, and so stopped. Every time i've tried mixing zopiclone with ANY pharmaceutical drug, the same thing happens.

Question1 : I guess I want to know, if for example after a few days , you actually start to sleep, or if perhaps this just isn't going to be the way.

I can't imagine riding that out for the 7 days it takes to do the switch over. Not sleeping for 7 days would be impossible for me, from a mental health perspective.

Question 2: does anyone have any documented, ashton based sites that say whether you can just switch directly to valium instead of the slow taper over 7 day . or is that dangerous?

Thank you so much! In hell, any help appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.