2nd b12 injection is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I need some advice, I've had my second b12 injection yesterday. I'm having pain in my joints and feeling short of breath I've also got pain while breathing and have a cold on top, I'm also folate Deficieant. Worried about having my 3rd injection on Monday incase its worse. Has anyone else had this if so does it get better?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi, i had my last dosing jab on 19th April and require one every 3 months thereafter. Just had my first 3 month 'top up' on 19th July. Still have a feeling of weak legs, although i can walk fine. Strange sensation in the hands too, difficult to describe. Have i benefited ? I'm not sure as i dont know how long these things take to get right. I appreciate that B12 affects the nervous system and nerves are a funny thing

• Posted

hi Jay

feeling the exact same, was feeling OK for 2 weeks and now got the same symptoms as you aswell as returning brain fog.

I take daily tablets though, how are you feeling now? hope you're better

thanks

• Posted

hi, can only share my experiences with you.

l was diagnosed with B12 deficiency back in April.

Had 6 loading doses then 3 monthly from there on. Was so tired, stayed in bed for 5-6 days which brought on muscle wastage. Now waiting for physio. Legs still tired but able to walk. Breathing can be up n down at times. Had no reaction to any of the injections

• Posted

i felt really bad after b12 injections, i had 6 in total, developed heavy weak legs and tachycardia along with breathlessness, i had pins and needles in feet and hands, head pressure, feeling of being drunk, brain fog, list goes on, it lasted months, I had none of these symptoms prior to the injections, was just tired, wish I'd never had them, will never touch another again, this was my experience, my heart rate was jumping in to the 140,s I was out of breath, could barely function, it's been 3 years since having them and I still get the bouts of tachycardia but not as high, my legs were like lead, took nearly a year for them to come back, I had every test under the sun, all I know is all this developed after the injections.

• Posted

i had my second 3 monthly jab a few weeks ago. Still not right, sensation in my hands tight n tingly.

joints stiff

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.