Skip to content

Pernicious Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Pernicious, B12 Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• robinann robinann

Hypochlorhydria flare ups

Last fall had endoscopy for stomach. Doc said no signs of PA. I keep getting flare ups of upper abdominal pain, dead center above belly button. Yesterday ate some meat that just sat in this area all day. In the middle of the night intense pain in the same are and several runs to the toilet for D. This...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Can b12 deficiency cause a chronic itch?

I’ve been back and forth from doctors over year trying to diagnose my itchy scalp which is a constant thing and like torture. I find it hard to enjoy life with this problem and am desperate to find out what’s causing it. After a dermatological cause being ruled out by 2 doctors and 2 trichologists I...

Last reply
  • B12 injections and neurological symptoms

Every day for 2.5 months, I've had paresthesia/neuropathy (in other words pins and needles, tingling, generally weird sensations) in both feet and both legs. My B12 was tested and isn't "drastically" low (275), but still low to where my doctor says B12 deficiency could definitely be...

Last reply
  • Hypochlorhydria flare ups

Last fall had endoscopy for stomach. Doc said no signs of PA. I keep getting flare ups of upper abdominal pain, dead center above belly button. Yesterday ate some meat that just sat in this area all day. In the middle of the night intense pain in the same are and several runs to the toilet for D. This...

Posted
  • Is this Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

It all started 9 months ago when suddenly I started having discomfort in my arms and chest and a tightness in my throat thats persisted til now. (Two months before that I found out I had acid reflux & a throat infection for the 1st time, got antacids medicines etc. and it went away in a few wks)...

Last reply
  • B12 feedback on test results

Hi. Posting for a friend who has symptoms of B12 deficiency. I have her B12...folate and Vit D results which I will try to upload. Please could someone give me feedback on these results.

Last reply
  • strange vision symptoms just be told im b12 deficient.

Hey, im new to this.. knew somthing wasnt right for some time but gp put it down to anxiety before even doing bloods. My symptoms seem to be shaky . Like a wobbly feeling when i walk.. sore neck and shoulders would describe this as muscle tension.. habe this internal vibration thats really annoying.....

Last reply
  • Convinced I am b12 deficient

I went to the doctors about 2 years ago when I started suffering with stomach problems. I was told I had IBS. I then went for anxiety and depression about 6 months later. Since then I seem to have felt less and less like myself, both mental health issues has worsened and now I have numerous other symptoms...

Last reply
  • Vitamin b12 injections scared to have them

Really scared I have my first injection in half n hour I suffer from bad anxiety and agoraphobia and don't even take paracetamol or antibiotics because just incase they make me feel strange of different I am so scared of these injections because I don't want to feel a way I don't like and...

Last reply
  • Re Rash post 2nd B12 injection

Hi kind people - B12 & a rash? wonder if you could help? my friend, a young PhD student's b12 was 276 mmols. she was commenced on b12 injection whilst in India last week whilst doing her field work. she's on 0.5 of a mls of HydroxyC on alternate days x 6 weeks. this week she self injected...

Last reply
  • Living in a limbo for years now

Hi everyone, I have been feeling miserable at least for the last 3 to 4 years with the following symtoms: Brain Fog I feel that my brain is under performing/ functioning at less than optimum level. Constant brain fog. constant. No matter what I do, I feel like my days go past me and I hardly remember...

Last reply
  • Confused, do I need to suppliment?

Hello, I have been feeling unwell for a while now, worst symptom bring constant pain in my head for over a month now. GP had blood tests done. B12 was 287 ng/l Folate was 3.1 ug/l Iron was 6 umol/l Ferritin was 14 ug/l GP suggested I take folic acid as folate was low. I feel like the other results...

Last reply
  • Vitamin B 12 injections ???

Does anyone who has the three monthly injection of vit B 12 ever considered taking a supplement (tablets)   and if you do take tablets,,,, capsules or a spray, was there any difference in  your  swapping over. 

Last reply
  • Tingling

10 weeks from loading doses and tingling is back... jave to have blood test and 12 weeks and another jab. Is this par for the course?

Last reply
  • Receiving B12 injections but still tired

Hi,  I was diagnosed with a B12 deficiency about 5 years ago and have since been receiving injections every 12 weeks. I have always struggled with tiredness, and thought receiving the B12 injections would solve this. I am still feel very tired, often needing to go to bed straight after work and...

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath and weak legs easily tired

10 months back I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I was given nexito 10mg. After 2 months anxiety subsided. But depression remained. After tapering I completely left the nexito(SSRI) 20 days ago. During tapering and going off the nexito, i did feel light anxiety and low mood, but in 10 days...

Last reply
  • Panic attacks, Paranoia &B12 def.

So, I have these questions today:  Who has dealt with panic attacks and how severe where they? Were they triggered by something? What about paranoia, how serious does it get? How did you feel in both these situations? These questions are related to Severe B12 deficiency. Would like your inputs,...

Last reply
  • B12 Deficiency

So I am a mum of 3 children aged between 4 & 8. I am 29 years old and had been feeling very tired (falling asleep for an hour + when on my own with my children.) I went to the doctors who said they would carry out a "full m.o.t" to determine what was wrong. I have been told I have an...

Last reply
  • B12 overdose symptoms

Hi, I started taking 5,000mcg thinking extra b12 would be harmless about 3 weeks ago everyother day. Apparently not, my arms and legs went numb and tingly first I went to the doc. Never said anything about b12 gave me methylprednisolone and meloxicam. I had continued taking the b12 I assumed it was a...

Last reply
  • Still tired after weekly B12 injections.

I have been getting weekly b12 shots along with taking 5000 IU of vitamin D everyday but I still feel tired. I am really worried something else is wrong. He did tons of blood work and getting more next week so I hope nothing worse shows up.

Last reply
  • Could it be b12 deficiency?

I'm gonna post my symptoms and story here. I'm 17 years old and this has been taking over my life so I would appreciate any help. It started with numbness and tingling in my left hand, then moved to my right hand and then my feet. I also had episodes where suddenly I would become really tired...

Last reply
  • Low B12 folate, feratin, vitamin D

Hi I’m new here and I’ve been diagnosed with B12 below 150, folate 6 feratin 47, I’m also on Vitamin D supplements (10month course) I saw my doctor 4 weeks ago because I was feeling low and tired I thought I had empty nest as my eldest has been at uni for 3 years now (due home soon) after blood results...

Last reply
  • Pernicious Anaemia or Dietary?

Hi everyone,  basically I've had neurological issues, dizziness, stomach pain etc etc (nearly all the symptoms for b12 deficiency) for a couple years now. I had blood tests done and was told I had a b12 deficiency and Vitimin D deficiency in late 2016/early 2017 and had 5 booster shots in a...

Last reply
  • Can B12 level of 286 cause neurological symptoms?

Hello everyone, can someone advise if my B12 level of 286 can cause neurological issues?  My problems started just after New Year with numbness in my chin, left side only. After a few weeks, I had a full blood count taken, my folate result was 1.6 so I'm now on folic acid 5mg daily and...

Last reply
  • Feeling really drained between b12 & depression

I got diagnosed nearly one year ago ! In this year I have never felt any more useless in my life. I had my last injection 2 weeks ago, there is no difference how I'm feeling. I need to take breaks when doing general things i.e washing dishes, taking clothes out/in washing machine. My whole body feel...

Last reply
  • B12 Sublingual

Hey guys, does anyone heres supplements b12 sublingual? And if so is there a proper dissolution time? Like letting it dissolve and then after a while one can drink liquids? Just wondering if this can delay the recovery process. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Anxiety? Deficiency? Something else?

I really need help. To sum it up, coming off the roughest year of my life (death, pregnancy out of nowhere, etc), drunk every night for a little over a year along with skoal half my life. Quit everything cold turkey a few months ago. Now ever since I've had extremely weak spells, shaking, heart racing,...

Last reply
  • B-!2 deficiency sounds like the correct cause for that pain

I have been unable to get my B-12 injection prescription paid for by Aetna since last October 2017.  I've been trying to get by with a multi vitamin with B-12 for the last 4-5 months but my sides have started hurting and it makes since that my B-12 is too low from not getting my monthly injection. ...

Last reply
  • Ongoing Symptoms - Looking for Thoughts From Others.

Hi everyone! I am a 23 year old female who began experiencing some challenging symptoms in August of 2017, and after looking through many of the posts on this site in an attempt to put some of the pieces together, I figured it could not hurt to go ahead and write my own post to see of any of you all...

Last reply
  • Ongoing Mystery Symptoms - Looking for Thoughts From Others.

Hi everyone! I am a 23 year old female who began experiencing some challenging symptoms in August of 2017, and after looking through many of the posts on this site in an attempt to put some of the pieces together, I figured it could not hurt to go ahead and write my own post to see if any of you all...

Last reply
  • Afraid of injections

This is going to sound stupid but I am a near 2 year old woman and I am terrified of injections or any types of needles . I recently got told by a family member that B12 vitamin deficiency , I freaked out, not only am I afraid I took a fit when I saw a nurse try to give me a needle , I went to therapy...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.