Skip to content

Pernicious Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Pernicious, B12 Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

All discussions in this group

Next
  • New to B12

Hi everyone. I’m looking for some information off people who suffer with B12 deficiency. I had blood works done 3 months ago with B12 showing at 176 catergorised as ‘low’ doctor refused to give me anything even though my symptoms are as follows. Tiredness all the time. Pins and needles hands and …

Last reply
  • Had my results back

Been to the doctors and they’ve said I’m board-line b12  deficiency but I have all the symptoms so they’ve gave me some tablets to take 3 times a day between meals how long around do they take to work? I can’t see a difference yet it’s only been 2 days 

Last reply
  • Help please

Hi I was diagnosed as b12 deficient last June I received the 6 loading shots and then 3 monthly shots after that, I'm due my next one in two weeks and for the past two weeks I've had blinding headaches every muscle in my body aching pain in my left rib and breast and just no energy I'm …

Last reply
  • Lumbosacrel Plexopathy

Almost 3 years ago I got up out of a chair and experienced horrific pain in my knee, groin and back within 30 seconds I was paralysed in the left leg. I spent 1 week in hospital with a diagnoses of GBSyndrome. I was wrongly diagnosed and after many more tests a Neurologist diagnosed Lumbosacrel …

Last reply
  • Still tired after weekly B12 injections.

I have been getting weekly b12 shots along with taking 5000 IU of vitamin D everyday but I still feel tired. I am really worried something else is wrong. He did tons of blood work and getting more next week so I hope nothing worse shows up.

Last reply
  • Active B12 results

Hi Been having symptoms for a while now , muscle aches , random pains in arms or legs , pins and needles, muscle fasculation , cramp  and extreme tiredness. Gp seems disinterested. So I got myself an active b12 test done , results say normal range but I am in the low end of normal 37 - 171 is …

Last reply
  • I need some advice and reassurance

I’ve felt weak and had no energy for about 4 days now haven’t wanted to eat just don’t wanna do anything, my sometimes feels like it’s gonna explode sometimes feel faint and I also suffer from anxiety where I think everything is worse than it is been to the doctors and having some blood tests to …

Last reply
  • B12 help

Hi all I had thyroid removed in December and I'm showing signs of b12 symptoms my endo had my b12 tested but I don't see her till October my results where 502 do i need help with tablets for b12 as I'm told my symptoms would not be down to fact my meds sent right for thyroid

Last reply
  • Receiving B12 injections but still tired

Hi,  I was diagnosed with a B12 deficiency about 5 years ago and have since been receiving injections every 12 weeks. I have always struggled with tiredness, and thought receiving the B12 injections would solve this. I am still feel very tired, often needing to go to bed straight after work …

Last reply
  • B12 deficiency & bladder problems

Hi I've been told that I have vitamin b12 deficiency & that it's what is causing all my problems of extreme tiredness, headaches, pain, weakness in my legs & hands, vision problems, shaking, numbness etc I was originally told it was possible that I have ms by another Dr because of …

Last reply
  • Acne on face

Hi, I was diagnosed with B12 deffinancy last October and currently self prescribe as found 12 weeks far two long. I inject about every 3 to 4 weeks. I developed acne on my back due to early menopause about a year ago and currently long term antibiotic for it and has really helped. However now I …

Last reply
  • Palms and feet get warm and feels weak

Okay, so as I shared earlier, i have vitamin b12 deficiency, my reports showed below 50. I had to take 3 injections of vitamin b12. I am also prescribed folate and hi cobal capsules. Now since 2 days I am noticing that my palms and feet get warm suddenly and feels really weak after that, it gets …

Last reply
  • Vitamin b12 injections scared to have them

Really scared I have my first injection in half n hour I suffer from bad anxiety and agoraphobia and don't even take paracetamol or antibiotics because just incase they make me feel strange of different I am so scared of these injections because I don't want to feel a way I don't like …

Last reply
  • Hormones and B12

Hi all you b12 ladies, sorry men not for you, Have any of you girls noticed an increase in hormones since being on B12 inj, I've been on them since Nov 17, I'm 70, been thru menopause years ago, but !! The last 3 months, been getting symptoms similar to slight menstrual pain,Dr says says …

Posted
  • Can b12 deficiency cause a chronic itch?

I’ve been back and forth from doctors over year trying to diagnose my itchy scalp which is a constant thing and like torture. I find it hard to enjoy life with this problem and am desperate to find out what’s causing it. After a dermatological cause being ruled out by 2 doctors and 2 trichologists …

Last reply
  • B12 injections and neurological symptoms

Every day for 2.5 months, I've had paresthesia/neuropathy (in other words pins and needles, tingling, generally weird sensations) in both feet and both legs. My B12 was tested and isn't "drastically" low (275), but still low to where my doctor says B12 deficiency could definitely …

Last reply
  • Hypochlorhydria flare ups

Last fall had endoscopy for stomach. Doc said no signs of PA. I keep getting flare ups of upper abdominal pain, dead center above belly button. Yesterday ate some meat that just sat in this area all day. In the middle of the night intense pain in the same are and several runs to the toilet for D. …

Posted
  • Is this Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

It all started 9 months ago when suddenly I started having discomfort in my arms and chest and a tightness in my throat thats persisted til now. (Two months before that I found out I had acid reflux & a throat infection for the 1st time, got antacids medicines etc. and it went away in a few wks) …

Last reply
  • B12 feedback on test results

Hi. Posting for a friend who has symptoms of B12 deficiency. I have her B12...folate and Vit D results which I will try to upload. Please could someone give me feedback on these results.

Last reply
  • strange vision symptoms just be told im b12 deficient.

Hey, im new to this.. knew somthing wasnt right for some time but gp put it down to anxiety before even doing bloods. My symptoms seem to be shaky . Like a wobbly feeling when i walk.. sore neck and shoulders would describe this as muscle tension.. habe this internal vibration thats really annoying. …

Last reply
  • Convinced I am b12 deficient

I went to the doctors about 2 years ago when I started suffering with stomach problems. I was told I had IBS. I then went for anxiety and depression about 6 months later. Since then I seem to have felt less and less like myself, both mental health issues has worsened and now I have numerous other …

Last reply
  • Re Rash post 2nd B12 injection

Hi kind people - B12 & a rash? wonder if you could help? my friend, a young PhD student's b12 was 276 mmols. she was commenced on b12 injection whilst in India last week whilst doing her field work. she's on 0.5 of a mls of HydroxyC on alternate days x 6 weeks. this week she self …

Last reply
  • Living in a limbo for years now

Hi everyone, I have been feeling miserable at least for the last 3 to 4 years with the following symtoms: Brain Fog I feel that my brain is under performing/ functioning at less than optimum level. Constant brain fog. constant. No matter what I do, I feel like my days go past me and I hardly …

Last reply
  • Confused, do I need to suppliment?

Hello, I have been feeling unwell for a while now, worst symptom bring constant pain in my head for over a month now. GP had blood tests done. B12 was 287 ng/l Folate was 3.1 ug/l Iron was 6 umol/l Ferritin was 14 ug/l GP suggested I take folic acid as folate was low. I feel like the other …

Last reply
  • Vitamin B 12 injections ???

Does anyone who has the three monthly injection of vit B 12 ever considered taking a supplement (tablets)   and if you do take tablets,,,, capsules or a spray, was there any difference in  your  swapping over. 

Last reply
  • Tingling

10 weeks from loading doses and tingling is back... jave to have blood test and 12 weeks and another jab. Is this par for the course?

Last reply
  • Shortness of breath and weak legs easily tired

10 months back I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I was given nexito 10mg. After 2 months anxiety subsided. But depression remained. After tapering I completely left the nexito(SSRI) 20 days ago. During tapering and going off the nexito, i did feel light anxiety and low mood, but in 10 …

Last reply
  • Panic attacks, Paranoia &B12 def.

So, I have these questions today:  Who has dealt with panic attacks and how severe where they? Were they triggered by something? What about paranoia, how serious does it get? How did you feel in both these situations? These questions are related to Severe B12 deficiency. Would like your inputs, …

Last reply
  • B12 Deficiency

So I am a mum of 3 children aged between 4 & 8. I am 29 years old and had been feeling very tired (falling asleep for an hour + when on my own with my children.) I went to the doctors who said they would carry out a "full m.o.t" to determine what was wrong. I have been told I have …

Last reply
  • B12 overdose symptoms

Hi, I started taking 5,000mcg thinking extra b12 would be harmless about 3 weeks ago everyother day. Apparently not, my arms and legs went numb and tingly first I went to the doc. Never said anything about b12 gave me methylprednisolone and meloxicam. I had continued taking the b12 I assumed it was …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.