Skip to content
Ad

Pernicious Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Pernicious, B12 Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Need some helpful guidance

I'm due another B12  shot, and started feeling bit light headed, with a "can't be bothered " attitude to most things, which thinking back over the 18 months that I been found out, i would like a blood test to find out if I am ,any better, or worse, or short of anything else ...

Last reply
  • B12 injections and neurological symptoms

Every day for 2.5 months, I've had paresthesia/neuropathy (in other words pins and needles, tingling, generally weird sensations) in both feet and both legs. My B12 was tested and isn't "drastically" low (275), but still low to where my doctor says B12 deficiency could definitely be...

Last reply
  • Wendy Smith

I would like to get to know people who are going through the same as me Names and where your from and we can yap 😃

Last reply
  • B12 injections after the loading dose

Hi I have recently been confirmed defficient in b12. Doc prescribed 6 injections then 3 monthly. Also folic acid for a year then to be retested. Within a few days of last injections I felt brilliant, better than I had for so long, more energy, less sleeping, no aching joints, headache, mind fog, dissiness...

Last reply
  • Cyanocobalamin Side Effects

My Serum Vitamin B12 was reported as 201 pg/ml at the end of July and the doctor started me on Cyanocobalamin 50mcg tablets two to be taken each day which I take after breakfast - no leaflet in pack saying when to take them. Since the end of August I have been having two or three loose bowel movements...

Last reply
  • Bit of a long story but any help would be appreciated

Sorry for the long post but here goes. I've been living in France for 11 years. I the uk 2 years before this I was given a routine blood test when they were investigating IBS. My B12 was found to be really low & I was put on injections which I had been having for 2 years before coming here. My...

Last reply
  • Advise please for PA

Please help? Does anybody know the  the range please for  urine MMA? I had a test done in the UK which was  0.64 mg/l l before I moved to Australia 2 weeks ago and the doctor has not got back to me and I really need to give the results to my GP who had never heard of this test before I...

Last reply
  • B12

I was diagnosed with a b12 deficiency. I am 18, my level was just 48. I have received all off my loading dose injections, a week later I still feel very ill. I was tested for celiac disease and instrinic factor both came back negative. After my 2nd injection my b12 level came back at 2000. Really worried...

Last reply
  • Needing B12 shots more frequently

I was diagnosed with low B12 almost 2 years ago when my level was 234. I took B12 shots monthly for a few months, but noticed that the tiredness, memory issues, and tingling would come back a week before the shot was due, so my doc increased to shots every 3 weeks. All this time she tested my B12 levels...

Last reply
  • frequent yawning...

Hi everyone, Do constant yawning is a symptom of b12 deficiency? and do they go away after supplementation? Thanks

Last reply
  • Urine colour

Hello. I am new to group. I have been diagnosed with low B12 therefore need injections. I had my 1st injection yesterday, I noticed my urine was darker than normal......is this usual. I am concerned as I have had 2 recent water infections . ​Thanks M

Last reply
  • finally i got diagnosed...

hello everyone... from last 3-4 years i was feeling fatigue. every day when i wake up i cant feel energetic along with various muscle pain problem in concentration. i had ibs 4 years ago. from last 6 months i am getting problem of frequent urination. my condition become worse so i left the job.I went...

Last reply
  • B12

For a few years now. Hubby has been lethargic, always yawning. Chest infections after infection treat with antibiotics. Which then gave him a rash all over his torso, approximately a week after cessation of tablets. Finally he got an asthma type symptom. Given a ventolin inhaler. Which then became a...

Last reply
  • Vitamin b12

Hello to you all,I have now been put on b12 injections for the rest of my life,not a problem,I had a course of five,then every 3months,had my first injection of the 3month one,after 6 weeks,the symptoms started coming back,very tired,no energy,could physically not do anything,short term memory not good,short...

Last reply
  • B12 overdose symptoms

Hi, I started taking 5,000mcg thinking extra b12 would be harmless about 3 weeks ago everyother day. Apparently not, my arms and legs went numb and tingly first I went to the doc. Never said anything about b12 gave me methylprednisolone and meloxicam. I had continued taking the b12 I assumed it was a...

Last reply
  • AHC AHC

AHC

I have just had my 6 B12 injections last one was 2 weeks ago. I have errupted in masses of painful spots in my ears , for head and chin. Can anyone suggest how to get rid of this? I have researched this and it seems quite common but I can't find any treatments to help with the spots/acne! Any suggestions...

Last reply
  • Pernicous anemia

Hi all. I have not been on forum for sum time. I was diagnosed with pernicious anemia 15 years ago. I have been having b12 injections every three months and was taking a folic acid tablet once a day. I have recently moved house and have a new GP who have stopped my folic acid tablet. My health condition...

Last reply
  • Pernacious Anemia & Hemochromostosis

Just been diagnosed as  having PA and have Vitamin B12 and Folate deficiency. Not sure I really understand what PA is. All I know is I have Hemochromstosis and was diagnosed with this 2 years ago.  My symptons were Tiredness and joint pain. Regular venesections have made me feel a little better....

Last reply
  • Looking for an answer; follow up

Hi A couple of months ago I came onto the site to have a good moan about all my symptoms which suggested pernicious anaemia when I put them into this site's diagnostic tool. I had a private bloodtest done with the following results; vitamin b12; 324 ng/L  (normal range 197-771) serum folate;...

Last reply
  • High B12 levels

Hi I am asking a question on behalf of my daughter who has a diagnosis of pernicious anemia .  She had been having regular injections for past couple of years. She asked for print out if latest blood tests and b12 was 1916 .....thus seems very high ..should we be concerned ..results says no action...

Last reply
  • Copper deficiency

Hi, I was diagnosed with copper deficiency a few months ago and sent for further investigations prior to treatment. As all scans, eye tests and liver functions were fine and no signs of copper storage or damage anywhere else as might explain the deficiency in my blood, so they have now decided that...

Last reply
  • Do I have brain damage?

I was undiagnosed for a long time, maybe a year. I never got the "physical" symptoms,  anaemia, poor balance,  reduced sensation of touch or tingling feet. My symptoms were reduced to fatigue, difficulty thinking and depression. I started treatment some weeks ago, and the depression...

Last reply
  • Bad hair

My hair has thinned to the point of almost baldness over the last few years!!!.... I have B12 injections every 12 weeks, will the situation improve at all or is the damage permanent?

Last reply
  • Is this Vitamin B12 Deficiency?

It all started 9 months ago when suddenly I started having discomfort in my arms and chest and a tightness in my throat thats persisted til now. (Two months before that I found out I had acid reflux & a throat infection for the 1st time, got antacids medicines etc. and it went away in a few wks)...

Last reply
  • Anemia....relating to menstration: help please

Ladies (and gents if you're informed in the topic). I am not officially diagnosed with anemia. Although I am worried about my b12 levels and have recently got blood work done but the doctor told me I do not have any concerning blood issues. But I believe that could have been overlooked because I...

Last reply
  • strange vision symptoms just be told im b12 deficient.

Hey, im new to this.. knew somthing wasnt right for some time but gp put it down to anxiety before even doing bloods. My symptoms seem to be shaky . Like a wobbly feeling when i walk.. sore neck and shoulders would describe this as muscle tension.. habe this internal vibration thats really annoying.....

Last reply
  • b12 dosages

mayo says Supplementation of 25-100 micrograms daily has been used to maintain vitamin B12 levels in older people.  but the pills come in sizes great than 1000! pharmacist says use 1000 mcg

Last reply
  • Info about neurological damage?

I'm not yet diagnosed but I'll be tested for the Intrisic Fator and the other blood test to know if I have pernicious anemia since by B12 level is considered defficient. I wanted to know how can I know it the neurologic damage is going to be permanent or not? Thanks!

Last reply
  • Not looking for a diagnosis, just input!

Here's a list of my symptoms: Shortness of breath. Heart palpitations. Fatigue (tired after climbing a few flights of stairs...I have to take the elevator more often than I ever have before). Arm pain. Weight loss. Loss of appetite (although, I do force myself to eat at least 3 meals a day). Tiredness....

Last reply
  • B12 Borderline just been told after having bloodtest done

I have just got my bloodtests back and been told by my doctor i am borderline B12 i asked what it was at he said 163 low. Can anyone tell me how low is this? Also what is it meant to be to be normal? and other support and advice appreciated. I feel tired constantly and so out of breath 24.7 and dizzy...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.