Skip to content

Pernicious Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Pernicious, B12 Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

All discussions in this group

Next
  • B12 injections and neurological symptoms

Every day for 2.5 months, I've had paresthesia/neuropathy (in other words pins and needles, tingling, generally weird sensations) in both feet and both legs. My B12 was tested and isn't "drastically" low (275), but still low to where my doctor says B12 deficiency could definitely be...

Last reply
  • Low B12 folate, feratin, vitamin D

Hi I’m new here and I’ve been diagnosed with B12 below 150, folate 6 feratin 47, I’m also on Vitamin D supplements (10month course) I saw my doctor 4 weeks ago because I was feeling low and tired I thought I had empty nest as my eldest has been at uni for 3 years now (due home soon) after blood results...

Last reply
  • Pernicious Anaemia or Dietary?

Hi everyone,  basically I've had neurological issues, dizziness, stomach pain etc etc (nearly all the symptoms for b12 deficiency) for a couple years now. I had blood tests done and was told I had a b12 deficiency and Vitimin D deficiency in late 2016/early 2017 and had 5 booster shots in a...

Last reply
  • Vitamin b12 injections scared to have them

Really scared I have my first injection in half n hour I suffer from bad anxiety and agoraphobia and don't even take paracetamol or antibiotics because just incase they make me feel strange of different I am so scared of these injections because I don't want to feel a way I don't like and...

Last reply
  • Can B12 level of 286 cause neurological symptoms?

Hello everyone, can someone advise if my B12 level of 286 can cause neurological issues?  My problems started just after New Year with numbness in my chin, left side only. After a few weeks, I had a full blood count taken, my folate result was 1.6 so I'm now on folic acid 5mg daily and...

Last reply
  • Feeling really drained between b12 & depression

I got diagnosed nearly one year ago ! In this year I have never felt any more useless in my life. I had my last injection 2 weeks ago, there is no difference how I'm feeling. I need to take breaks when doing general things i.e washing dishes, taking clothes out/in washing machine. My whole body feel...

Last reply
  • Receiving B12 injections but still tired

Hi,  I was diagnosed with a B12 deficiency about 5 years ago and have since been receiving injections every 12 weeks. I have always struggled with tiredness, and thought receiving the B12 injections would solve this. I am still feel very tired, often needing to go to bed straight after work and...

Last reply
  • strange vision symptoms just be told im b12 deficient.

Hey, im new to this.. knew somthing wasnt right for some time but gp put it down to anxiety before even doing bloods. My symptoms seem to be shaky . Like a wobbly feeling when i walk.. sore neck and shoulders would describe this as muscle tension.. habe this internal vibration thats really annoying.....

Last reply
  • B12 Sublingual

Hey guys, does anyone heres supplements b12 sublingual? And if so is there a proper dissolution time? Like letting it dissolve and then after a while one can drink liquids? Just wondering if this can delay the recovery process. Thanks!

Last reply
  • Could it be b12 deficiency?

I'm gonna post my symptoms and story here. I'm 17 years old and this has been taking over my life so I would appreciate any help. It started with numbness and tingling in my left hand, then moved to my right hand and then my feet. I also had episodes where suddenly I would become really tired...

Last reply
  • Anxiety? Deficiency? Something else?

I really need help. To sum it up, coming off the roughest year of my life (death, pregnancy out of nowhere, etc), drunk every night for a little over a year along with skoal half my life. Quit everything cold turkey a few months ago. Now ever since I've had extremely weak spells, shaking, heart racing,...

Last reply
  • B-!2 deficiency sounds like the correct cause for that pain

I have been unable to get my B-12 injection prescription paid for by Aetna since last October 2017.  I've been trying to get by with a multi vitamin with B-12 for the last 4-5 months but my sides have started hurting and it makes since that my B-12 is too low from not getting my monthly injection. ...

Last reply
  • Ongoing Symptoms - Looking for Thoughts From Others.

Hi everyone! I am a 23 year old female who began experiencing some challenging symptoms in August of 2017, and after looking through many of the posts on this site in an attempt to put some of the pieces together, I figured it could not hurt to go ahead and write my own post to see of any of you all...

Last reply
  • Ongoing Mystery Symptoms - Looking for Thoughts From Others.

Hi everyone! I am a 23 year old female who began experiencing some challenging symptoms in August of 2017, and after looking through many of the posts on this site in an attempt to put some of the pieces together, I figured it could not hurt to go ahead and write my own post to see if any of you all...

Last reply
  • Afraid of injections

This is going to sound stupid but I am a near 2 year old woman and I am terrified of injections or any types of needles . I recently got told by a family member that B12 vitamin deficiency , I freaked out, not only am I afraid I took a fit when I saw a nurse try to give me a needle , I went to therapy...

Last reply
  • B12 injections not working?

2 years ago I got diagnosed with B12 deficiency and I have been having injections once every 12 weeks, they use to work I use to feel more awake, but in the past 6 months the injections have been deteriorating a month too soon. Is there any way I could get my doctor to up my dose or to have more frequent...

Last reply
  • B12 levels

Can anyone tell me what the low measurements of B12 & the high please? I’m new to all this and trying to gather enough information before my next appointment. Thank you

Last reply
  • Is Chlorella a good source of Vitamin B12?

I’ve been vegan for 3.5 years and have pretty much avoided B12 supplementation. Nutritional yeast and chlorella are pretty much my only two sources. I had bloodwork done recently and my total Serum Vitamin B12 levels were 294 ng/l.  (Normal ranges being: 200-900ng/l) - So, it’s within the normal...

Last reply
  • B12 bloods low ... doctor requesting further app for results

Hi everyone! Just looking for some information as I have been pretty clueless to B12 untill now, been back and forth doctors for being tired, extreme anxiety, pulpitations, loss of appetite & weight loss. Also chronic pain in pelvis area.... had every blood test imaginable. All satisfactory apart...

Last reply
  • Exhaustion prior to next B12 injection

I've been on Cytamen (four weekly) B12 injections for 38 years due to PA following partial gastrectomy in 1959. In the days running up to my next injection I sometimes feel quite exhausted and to combat this scheduled a few 3 week injections - perhaps twice/three times a year. However my nurse...

Last reply
  • Pernicious anaemia

1 Hi. Does any of you lovely people know what I can do to as my doctor refuses point blank to bring my B12 injections earlier than every 12 wks that I get them . Probably like yourselves, I am constantly tired . Brain fog . Aching joints especially at night it horrendous. I feel like my batteries are...

Last reply
  • High PCV level

So i did some routine test, i was told My Blood volume is high at 48%. What does this mean? Is this life threatening? 

Posted
  • Severe B12 Deficiency and Exercise

Hey guys, I would like to know if it's okay to do some light to moderate exercise while with this deficiency. I've been anemic now for several years, but only in the last few months I've started treating it properly and I'm still on the mend, feel a bit better, but not okay, for instance...

Last reply
  • Stomach pains

I was diagnosed with b12 deff in Nov, had the 6 booster injections, and did feel better for it, due my next one march. But the last 4 weeks have developed pains in my upper tummy area, now I do suffer with IBS but only when I get stressed, which I'm not, can anyone put my mind at rest and tell...

Last reply
  • Vit B12 deficiency and Beclomethasone/Mometasone Furoate

I posted some weeks back about my symptoms making my life a misery and B12 testing that came back at 400+ and therefore deemed ok, despite a very high MCH. Further tests were done to rule out other causes, all came back fine thankfully. In the meantime, in desperation, and thanks to a link I found here,...

Last reply
  • Am I B12 deficient ?

Hi  I went to the doctors because of constant pins and needles and extreme tiredness ,my blood results showed that my red blood cells where too large ! So more bloods have shown my B12 is low at bottom of the range (190), I'm now awaiting blood results from intrinsic factor but from reading...

Last reply
  • Folic acid

Hi everyone, I had b12 levels taken Nov 2017 ,( 169.)and had the 6 booster injections. Then my folate levels were found to be 3, so given folic acid tablets, but !! 3 weeks of suffering with stomachs pains,bloating(similar to my IBS) and felt queasy all day,I'd had enough, I asked on here what else...

Last reply
  • B12 deficiency but intrinsic factor fine

Hi,  I am a vegetarian. The first time I was diagnosed with b12 deficiency I was 21 and had been vegetarian for many yrs. I had severe symptoms. I had never even heard of b12 before. I was very sick and experienced ;faintness, dizziness, headaches , breathlessness and more. I thought it was all...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.