Skip to content

Pernicious Anaemia

Also known as Anaemia - Pernicious, B12 Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Severe B12 Deficiency and Exercise

Hey guys, I would like to know if it's okay to do some light to moderate exercise while with this deficiency. I've been anemic now for several years, but only in the last few months I've started treating it properly and I'm still on the mend, feel a bit better, but not okay, for instance...

Last reply
  • Stomach pains

I was diagnosed with b12 deff in Nov, had the 6 booster injections, and did feel better for it, due my next one march. But the last 4 weeks have developed pains in my upper tummy area, now I do suffer with IBS but only when I get stressed, which I'm not, can anyone put my mind at rest and tell...

Last reply
  • Vit B12 deficiency and Beclomethasone/Mometasone Furoate

I posted some weeks back about my symptoms making my life a misery and B12 testing that came back at 400+ and therefore deemed ok, despite a very high MCH. Further tests were done to rule out other causes, all came back fine thankfully. In the meantime, in desperation, and thanks to a link I found here,...

Last reply
  • Am I B12 deficient ?

Hi  I went to the doctors because of constant pins and needles and extreme tiredness ,my blood results showed that my red blood cells where too large ! So more bloods have shown my B12 is low at bottom of the range (190), I'm now awaiting blood results from intrinsic factor but from reading...

Last reply
  • Folic acid

Hi everyone, I had b12 levels taken Nov 2017 ,( 169.)and had the 6 booster injections. Then my folate levels were found to be 3, so given folic acid tablets, but !! 3 weeks of suffering with stomachs pains,bloating(similar to my IBS) and felt queasy all day,I'd had enough, I asked on here what else...

Last reply
  • B12 deficiency but intrinsic factor fine

Hi,  I am a vegetarian. The first time I was diagnosed with b12 deficiency I was 21 and had been vegetarian for many yrs. I had severe symptoms. I had never even heard of b12 before. I was very sick and experienced ;faintness, dizziness, headaches , breathlessness and more. I thought it was all...

Last reply
  • Help Me!!!

Hi... I'm a 37 year old women who has felt like she has been hit by a bus for the last couple of years!! I Initially likened how I was felling to having an infection or virus hanging over me all the time but after Various Dr's appointments, hospital referrals and blood tests nothing bar a...

Last reply
  • strange vision symptoms just be told im b12 deficient.

Hey, im new to this.. knew somthing wasnt right for some time but gp put it down to anxiety before even doing bloods. My symptoms seem to be shaky . Like a wobbly feeling when i walk.. sore neck and shoulders would describe this as muscle tension.. habe this internal vibration thats really annoying.....

Last reply
  • Does a B12 deficiency make it difficult to walk?

Hi, I have been dealing with problems balancing when I am walking lately and I read somewhere that having a B12 deficiency can be related to balance issues. I am only 25 years old and I am embarrassed, I feel like I am drunk at times, I want to get a folding walking cane to help me, I am concerned about...

Last reply
  • 24 years old- just been diagnosed with PA

Hey This week I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia caused by antibodies against intrinsic factor. I've known that I've been low in B12 for at least a year when my results came back as 187ng but I didn't know what this meant. I kind of ignored it and then had some bloods done in ocotober...

Last reply
  • Could i had pernicious anemia for years

So here is my story, for the past time i sufered from extreme anxiety and panic atacs, ive had cheat pains, neck pains, numbness, insomnia. I am a lot better now but im still anxious and have palpations and increased pulse. The reason i think b12 deficiency is causing my anxiet is because it was increasing...

Last reply
  • B12 and Pernicious Anemia

I am waiting test results to come back on Gastric Parietal Cells, I'm on omeprazole, and have been for 20 years, due to tingling in my feet last may 2017 was tested for B12 and found to be deficient, but now the results of this latest test, waiting to find out the differance between b12 and PA,...

Last reply
  • Severe B12 deficiency - Guidance

It's the 2nd time i fell into severe b12 anemia, I've had most of the symptoms, pins and needles, cramps, digestive problems, depression, panic attacks, exhaustion, mental fog, metallic taste, dry mouth and troat and so forth, absolutely horrible, reached a point where I couldn't get out...

Last reply
  • B12 injections

I just started my B12 injections (I’ve had 5 out of 6 loading doses so far) and after the first few I started getting these awful tension type headaches that won’t go away along with nausea? I’m unsure if it’s a coincidence or if it’s the injections themselves. I’ve heard many people say that it’s not...

Last reply
  • Had itchy rash since loading dose.

Hi, had my loading dose of b12 in December 2017, not feeling a huge benefit yet. But had folic acid levels taken last week, and they were low, so taking tabs now. But I have come out in an itchy rash on my the top of my chest,after trying all over counter medicine, including anti histamines with no relief,...

Last reply
  • B12 level of 115

Got routine blood tests done and B12 came back at 115. Have only yesterday completed the loading dose of 6 injections, I feel quite weird! Is that normal? Headache, general fatigue, tender  tongue, tingling here and there intermittently. Bizarre...

Last reply
  • New to B12 deficiency

After 10 months of symptoms starting with hot itchy feet,felt on fire, followed by sore tonguye, getting more and more tired easily upset,breathlessness, blood test came back with a 169 reading.borderline, Dr put me on a 6 injection boost course,and said come back and see me after, but she said that...

Last reply
  • Pls guide me..

Hello everyone ... I had tested my serum b12 level 2 months ago. It was 70 then take 12 mecobalamine 500mcg for each other day. Then i tested my level again it was found 1140, so i stopped inj and then decide to take inj after 3 months as i had read it on internet. Along with other b12 symptom i had...

Last reply
  • B12 injections and neurological symptoms

Every day for 2.5 months, I've had paresthesia/neuropathy (in other words pins and needles, tingling, generally weird sensations) in both feet and both legs. My B12 was tested and isn't "drastically" low (275), but still low to where my doctor says B12 deficiency could definitely be...

Last reply
  • I was severely B12 deficient for over year without treatment

I started my treatment with cyanocobalamin one month ago and I was self injecting myself every day. My neurologic symptoms improved radically but then I turned to hydroxycobalamin acetate 3 days ago and all of my symptoms came back. Has anyone experienced something similar with hydroxocobalamin? Did...

Posted
  • Confirmed B12 deficiency - My symptoms - hope this helps.

My B12 was only slightly low at 184. Deficiency caused by 20 years of veganism. High dose B12 cured all symptoms below (which I had had for months) within a few weeks. - Muscle twitches (fingers jumping/muscles in hand jumping) - difficulty speaking, words come out wrong in wrong order.  - arm...

Last reply
  • Vitamin b12 deficiency & weight gain

after a blood test last October I was diagnosed with vitamin b12 and folate deficiency. Earlier in the year I had been experiencing extreme tiredness and fatigue was upset all the time and had been diagnosed with depression. I was pleased when my doctors had identified I had a b12 deficiency as they...

Last reply
  • Daughter 14 suffering low iron and vit b12.

hi, my daughter has been unwell for quite some time and suffering hurendous symptoms. She is suffering, dizzy spells where her sight goes black, headaches, feeling sick, exhaustion, itchy skin, craving ice, foot pain, pins and needles, mood swings, anxiety, ulcers, palpitations, looking pale, confusion,...

Last reply
  • dizziness last one year

Hey all ! Hope everyone doing well !  It's gowtm 27_M        Last year -16 October one day suddenly I felt room spinning sensation while working at noon time ,. Then I checked my blood pressure, sugar, and hemoglobin everything normal.          ...

Last reply
  • Need some helpful guidance

I'm due another B12  shot, and started feeling bit light headed, with a "can't be bothered " attitude to most things, which thinking back over the 18 months that I been found out, i would like a blood test to find out if I am ,any better, or worse, or short of anything else ...

Last reply
  • Bit of a long story but any help would be appreciated

Sorry for the long post but here goes. I've been living in France for 11 years. I the uk 2 years before this I was given a routine blood test when they were investigating IBS. My B12 was found to be really low & I was put on injections which I had been having for 2 years before coming here. My...

Last reply
  • Wendy Smith

I would like to get to know people who are going through the same as me Names and where your from and we can yap 😃

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.