B12 Injection Site Pain - 3 weeks since injection

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been receiving B12 injections every 3 months for the past 10 years.

when i had my last injection I've had pain at the injection site which becomes more painful if i squash my arm (e.g. when I lay on that side). I do not have any swelling, redness or heat at the site.

I also noticed I didn't get a headache in the days following like I usually do and I haven't felt any benefits in tiredness like I usually do.

I have also had a twitching eyelid ever since ans I've read online that a twitching eyelid for an extended period of time can be due to B12 deficiency.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything similar? I didn't think an IM injection could be given 'wrong' but I'm wondering if something is off.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

its my understanding that you have injections for life. I am approaching 2 years since I was diagnosed and on injections. Still have symptoms of tingling and tightness in my hands and feet, which i could cope with if i didn't feel so low

• Posted

its my understanding that you have injections for life. I am approaching 2 years since I was diagnosed and on injections. Still have symptoms of tingling and tightness in my hands and feet, which i could cope with if i didn't feel so low

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.