B12 injections and IBS

Posted , 1 user is following.

Two months ago my mom began B12 injections. She was remarkably low. What brought her to the doctor was that we, her children, notice her depression, bad anxiety and memory loss. Her ability to track was bad. She began an aggressive round of B12 injections. The first injection knocked her. Things did improve as the injections went along. By the 7 injections she was just getting sick.

headache

stomach gas/belching

bad metallic taste in her mouth.

Went to doctor, ceased injections, prescribed B12 oral suplement, blood work was done. The bloods showed a normalized B12 level. The doctor prescribed a type of Pepsid-anti acid pill.

We stopped the injections and took the anti acid, but the symptoms did not and have not gone away. out of frustration and fear she will not take the b12 tablet, and sometimes she takes the anti acid. it once proved affective and most of the time not.

she has vomited from eating. every time she eats=particularly at the end of the day, she has two three bites and then that is it. she feels like she will vomit, she needs to burb. to get the gas out. most of the time she does get relief from the belching. but the nausea does not go away.

I have tried cutting out gluten for her as much as possible but i dont really think it is the problem. and I dont think the b12 tablet has much to do with it either as sometimes she takes it and sometimes not.

I looked into a yeast problem in the stomach but am not sold on this.

Doctor explained remarkable low level of B12 on age and diet. but....

mom's tracking and mood and memory and depressionare not good.

My mom has always had anxiety issues but now they are a bit off the chart.

Looking for someone who may have had a similar occurrence.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.