2nd band fill

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this and I would love to hear you thoughts on it.

I had my second band fill 2 weeks ago and now have a total of 5.2 mls in the band. I can really feel the restriction now. I eat from a very small plate and can only manage half of what I put in there, which to be honest is not very much. Had of the plate is for protein and the other half is carbs and veg. I can only manage a few mouth fills of each . I'm chewing everything really well and following the diet as I should.

should I be feeling this much restriction with such a small amount in the band or is this just me?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If your eating and keeping food down it sounds like your band is working at its best.

Ive had 2 fills, on 5.5 ml and feel no restriction at all still. I want to be where you are!

• Posted

I've been lucky enough to feel the restriction from day one, but this is so much more ! I have to say I'm a bit lazy with breakfast as I have a slimfast but other than that I'm eating very healthily But very little. I'm having to really push to meet the 1200 cals per day.
  • Posted

I'm envious, I've had 4 fills now ( upto 7.25mls) and still can eat every thing and as much as i did before.  I know every one is different but would love to have your restriction.  Good luck with your weight loss.
    • Posted

Can i ask what size band you have and how long youve had it?

Im a week after 2nd fill and am

So dissappointed ive still no restriction.

Gosh this is hard!

• Posted

Not sure what size band I have but it's a bioring and I had it fitted on Jan 13th this year in the spire Solihull through healthier weight.

I've felt the restriction from day 1 when I had 1ml left in after the Op. I've really had to get used to eating very small mouthfulls in a short space of time so it's been a real learning curve and at times a painful one because if I swallow one chewed mouthful that's a bigger than a 20p piece I'm in pain. I'm getting used to that now and it happens very rarely now.

• Posted

Hi, I had a 10ml band which had 4 mls in on the day of the op (4/11/14). Am getting so envious of others feeling restrictions, apart from having to take smaller bites I am the same as before the op and my weight loss is slower than on previous diets for some reason. I know it will be worth it in the end though!
  • Posted

Hi Joanna, I had 4 years ago but mine was a sleeve (80% of my stomach was removed). I still feel the restriction and hope I always will. You sound like you are being very sensible and doing exactly what you should be. Keep up the good work. Best wishes.D

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.