2nd Full Blood Count

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys,

I Was "Diagnosed" with panic attacks / anxiety a couple of months ago.

I had a blood test around 4 months ago, a Full blood count (came back fine).

Ive had headaches on and off for the past month plus dizziness when walking, i went to the doctors and hes sending me for another full blood count.

If i had a brain tumour (for example) how would thse blood test point to it? 

He also told me to get an "eye pressure" test, i went to specsavers and had an eye check a few weeks ago, but cant remember if they did a pressure check, anyway, that was fine aswell. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ring specsavers to make sure did, though most opticians do it as a matter of course, they would have looked in your eye anyway and can pick up changes that way anyhow.

So far as the blood test goes I am unsure but would guess one key thing is to do with the type and number of blood cells and platelets. Possibly there are other markers but I don't know what they are. Best to ask the GP to explain the whys and wherefores.

Did you need glasses or a change to what you wear as this can cause these symptoms so an eyecheck is always a good idea.

• Posted

No, because of the dizzyness i thought id get them checked (its been ten years lol)

But my eyes were fine, no glasses required :S

• Posted

I presume your blood pressure is OK
    • Posted

Yeah, ive had my blood pressure done about 4 times in 2 months, everything fine.
    • Posted

One thing ruled out then which is good. It is also good as if it were raised it could indicate raised intercranial pressure. It doesn't seem to, and that is good
  • Posted

Pressure test from their own website

'Using a non-contact tonometer, the optical assistant (or the optometrist) blows a few puffs of air at each of your eyes in turn. The air bounces back at the instrument, giving a measurement of the pressure inside each eye'.

There is a picture of the instrument used. They give a full guide to your eyetest as in what to expect, why etc so it is worth a look

• Posted

Perhaps you should look into the reason why you are having panic attacks.

Have you read the following?

https://patient.info/health/panic-attack-and-panic-disorder

• Posted

I have a therapist and were working together for coping solutions, i beleive its general anxiety/health or death induced.

Came out of nowhere one day when i was trying to sleep.

Ive had three potential health worries today alone "numb thumb, woke up with a line on my thumb, plus red chunks in stool"

Guess whos had a very bad day?

Plus know my lower back/kidney region is killing.

I have an eye pressure test booked for sunday.

I just wished i could have a full medical, ive payed my contributions since i was 18.

If that came back fine it would be a huge weight of my shoulders.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.