2nd hip replacement / 3wks post op and forget had it done

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

I'm 3wks post op. and this time the experience was different from last one over 12 months ago.

Even get up without thinking about it, get in bed without thinking about it... and its worrying me a little that i forget.

I've been told as this hip had hip dysplasia, that i have to use crutches for 12 wks too, and i do if i go out for a walk or shopping to supermarket, but round house use 1 or none, but hard thinking that i have to use crutches fully for another 9 weeks, but at least in 3wks time i can speak with my consultant about this.

i can lift my leg at the calf in bed, Which last time took over 6mth to do, i can move it easily side ways, still in with my precautions. Im going back to work monday, and in all honesty don't even give it much thought. should i be worried or has this happened to anyone else as on here we mainly see problems not progress stories...

thx

vickie

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Happy to hear you have had your operation and it obviously went really well.

As far as recovery goes I can relate to your experience. I was able to do all the exercises the physiotherapist gave me and more (which worried her more than a bit) the day after the op. I ditched the crutches in the house within a week of getting home but kept using them outside for a few more weeks. I've had a few off days but, all in all it's been a positive experience

• Posted

The majority of people don't have any issues so just get on with their lives. Those for whom the outcome is not so good tend to want answers or support and hence they are in the majority on here. You are obviously doing very well for someone with dysplasia and I hope soon you will forget that you had a replacement and will enjoy some walking in the spring like weather.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.