2nd op

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi am 9 days post op after an a@p repair (first op done in May which failed 2.5 weeks later). I'm constantly worried that it will fail again and had a look in he mirror today and saw a bulge in the bladder with a small ball attached. Don't know whether this is swelling or whether my prolapse is on the way to failing again.  Is it normal to be able to see your bladder? Never really looked in the mirror at myself before this year when everything was normal . X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

I couldn't see anything much in early weeks things are so swollen anyway and it takes weeks for it all to go down properly!

There's no reason it should fail again as long as you take it easy and rest, rest and more rest. Take your time with any progress.

Matron use to always say 'not to take a peek', I think we just worry more.

Try and just relax and make the most of the chance to rest. Once you start pottering about listen to your body and you will be fine!

I didn't feel I was normal down below till about 2/3 month and even then some days it seemed more swollen than others. It takes such a long time.

Phyl x 💖

• Posted

Thank you phyl, think I need to hide my mirror! So scared after failure last time x
  • Posted

Hi Caroline.  Sorry to hear this is your 2nd one and hope what you are seeing is normal. It's diffficult for non medical people to know what we should be looking for.  Good luck, let us know what the doctor says.  Tricia x

• Posted

What phyl says makes sense. x
  • Posted

Nine days is very early days. I had bulging and swelling for 8-10 weeks as it takes around three months for healing, swelling start to subside.

I think looking at yourself down there with a mirror this early is a very dangerous thing to do.

Don't panic, don't do anything apart from resting for around 8-12 weeks. When I had mine repaired last December I had three months off work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.