2nd Operation since January

Posted , 4 users are following.

:lol: I have finally got a date to go and have a Pre-assessment (9.10.07) prior to a 2nd Operation, as the 1st one didn't work.

I hurt my back in Dec 06 was rushed into hospital on New Years Eve by Ambulance in absolute agony. Had MRI Scan which confirmed I had a proplased disc L5/S1, had 2 Epidural Injections, a Nerve Root Block, Physio, about 4 other MRI Scans a couple where they inject a dye into your viens to check for any scar tissue etc and endless amounts of Strong Painkiller and I'm now on Morphine Patches since my Op, all since January 2007.

I have been in total agony with Sciatica, Numbness down my left leg and in my foot which is completely numb. Even doing a little bit of hoovering is really painful. I have been back and forth to my Doctor who's been brilliant. I have not been to work at all this year and it's been a real struggle to live off the £72.55 Incapacity Benefit as I have 2 children aged 13, 16.

If you're suffering like I have been keep on at your Doctor. I actually phoned my Consultants Secretary and pleaded with her to get me into see him as soon as possible.

I totally understand where everyone's coming from on this site and I have found it a great help to know that I'm not the only one who's suffering like this.

Good Luck to you all,

cheers Angela x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi angela good news on the pre assesment lets hope you dont have to wait too long to finally get some relief, i,ll be rooting for you. like you i have been badgering my surgeons sec to try and get seen sooner even though im on the \"urgent\" list and have been since july. i,ve also been off work since feb and as you say to try and live on ib is no fun! my gp has been as helpful as she can but i feel like im always there when i know she cant do anymore than she is (shes written to the surgeon to ask for me to have my surgery sooner) and i really dont want to go onto stronger painkillers than i am at the mo~~~ codeine, amatryptaline. im very wary since being ill with the tramadol, i am also scared of the effect its having on my liver i,ve been on these meds now since oct 05, i wish you well and really hope it works this time please keep us informed as im sure it would be beneficial to peps to hear the post-op storys. gail
  • Posted

HI YA

Angela (Teesside)

HAVE YOU MADE ANY CLAIM FOR DLA OR CAREERS ALLOWANCE IT IS WORTH ASKING THE CAB WHAT YOU ARE ENTILTELED TO .

REMEMBER IF YOU DON`T ASK YOU DON`T GET

REGARDS

GARY

• Posted

Thanks for that Gary. I'll give them a call on Monday.

Cheers

Angela

• Posted

Hi Gail,

I will keep everyone up to date with my progress, I only hope I don't have too long to wait this time.

Bye for now,

Angela

• Posted

Hi fellow sufferer's once again been to see specalist last wednesday after 2 ops in the last 2 yrs i have now ended up with scarring which is just as painfull as the prolapse siatica you know what i mean. As anyone had a ct Myleogram i have to stay in hosp over night from what i understand they inject deep into the spine and see where the dye dos'nt go that's where they will try to detect which nerve is trapped? try anything hope to hear from you thanks Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.