2nd TKR

Posted , 13 users are following.

Heading to the hospital at 6am for my right tkr. Had my left one done in Sept and had a great recovery. I keep telling myself that if this one goes half as well as the last I'll be in great shape. See you in a few days!

2 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You will do great!

Sending prayers to you tonight for a calm and successful surgery experience tomorrow!

• Posted

Omg- I am going in tomorrow at 10 am for my right tkr, too. I had left one done mid Nov. it has been a great recovery. I was just saying to my daughter I'm a little afraid this one won't go as well. It's nice to hear someone in the same place. Good Luck to us both and we'll talk in a few days. However, with the pain meds I'm not sure I will make much sense!!!
    • Posted

Sending prayers to you for your surgery tomorrow!

It will be great to get rid of your pain and get going on starting recovery and being eventually free of knee pain!

• Posted

Thank you Cheryl. You have a wonderful calming effect on me- you posted a message to me before.

Take care

• Posted

Praying all went well with your surgery.  Please let us know how you are doing. May you have a speedy  and smooth recovery. Lots of rest for a few days and then on to the therapy if they haven't started it already. Mine started 2 days out from surgery.  So thankful for it. 
    • Posted

Hi Elaine. Just wondering how you're doing having had your 2nd tkr the same day I did. My recovery is going well although a little slower than my other one. Moderate swelling is the core problem, causing a lesser bend and more pain so lots of ice and elevation.

No complaints though. I told everyone if I did half as well with this one as the last then I'd be thrilled and I'm way ahead of that. Hope your recovery is going well and you're on your way to pain free movement.

• Posted

Nice to hear from you. Same as yours, there's much swelling and it's not the same as first one. Due to swelling, it's difficult to know if the exercizes are helping. Odd, the pain is much less than first one.

Hang in there, soon we'll be dancing in the streets.

• Posted

My prayers are with both Deborah and Elaine.  Praying your surgeries are a success.  May you both have smooth and speedy recoveries.  God bless.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.