2nd week of sertraline still bad anxiety ;(

Posted , 11 users are following.

today is my 15th day on sertraline i still feel crappy and im only on 12.5mg really low dose im scared to take the whole25 mg dose because the first day i had a bad panic attack ugh idk what to do this brain fog anxiety is sucking so much ;( i miss feeling normal ;( sorry i post alot about this i just need to know im not going crazy

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are NOT going crazy, I promise! My first few weeks were terrible I did go up in dose after 7 days because I knew last time how much better I felt after it leveled out in my system. It does absolutely suck in the beginning but when it works it is SO worth it! I'm only a little ahead of you I'm over four weeks now by a few days and I am functioning! I was scared to even be alone at home for the first three weeks because I didn't trust that I was not going to either completely lose it or die! I am not exaggerating either. I was afraid of my son finding me dead or completely out of my mind! Anxiety is terrifying! Hugs to you and try and stick it out for 4-6 weeks to feel benefits, it is so hard and feels like it will never get better but it sure can! I felt like myself for three years before it hit me again this time. I KNOW we can feel better!
    • Posted

thank u so much! i hate being alone too out of fear of going crazy ;( i hate this so much ;( should i just stay at 12.5? im scared to increase
    • Posted

I went back to my Dr. On day 7, I was hysterical and crying to the point I was hyperventilating. I told her I wasn't going to take them anymore. She offered for me to switch to another and start over or increase and stick with it or quit and try therapy without meds. In the office I said I wanted to switch meds. I went home with a prescription for another antidepressant and got online to forums like this. I was told I wasn't alone and that if I stuck through the start up increase in anxiety it would lessen. I threw out the new prescription and stuck it out even though I felt really bad and really scared. I went back to the dr and told her through tears and embarrassed but she was supportive. Two weeks later I saw her again, I didn't notice I was getting better, the nurse first said I looked much better and then my dr. Said I sounded like I was thinking clearer and I made it through that appointment without crying! I WAS getting better and I still am! I can't tell you what to do but I can share what I did. You aren't alone and you aren't crazy!!
    • Posted

thats amazing tracy smile ill tough it out i feel like a .1 improvement idk then boom im scared to go get food scared ill lose it ;(
    • Posted

In a couple of weeks I'll bet you'll look back and thank yourself for hanging on through the worst because you'll feel better enough to know there is hope!
    • Posted

Omg i feel your pain i was doing so good i had been on my klonopin for bout three weeks my dymptoms were not so bad but then somebody stile my medcine n i didnt have it for a werk no im having psin in the chest n my left n right side n bad headaches withdrawing n then when i got it prescribed again the furst night i took it i felt bad n my heart started racing so im gone try it again tonite
  • Posted

Stick it out i say.I know i'm not the one feeling light headed and strange , but i say it as my own family member is going through the same barrier and i'm telling him the same.stick it out.it does get better all of a sudden but it takes it's time.I've been on them and it was tearing me down the middle with a blunt knife for 3 solid weeks.I did drop the dose myself at times if it spaced me out.too much.I just closed down and hung on until it passed.it does.

But just to say ive been there and done it.

Best wishes.

Regards.

YOD.

• Posted

thank you smile i hope it gets better soon
    • Posted

Hi Tammi, I was the exact same as you, I never felt so low in my life, like I was suicidal, I wanted to die, I went to a&e telling them I couldn't go on, cried at my drs saying to her that I should go to a mental hospital. I couldn't eat I couldn't sleep, I cried my brain wouldn't be quite, I was a mess to say the least. I also was soooo damn scared of meds, as the first Ad I took, gave me the biggest panic attack of my life, and I only took1. Then is wore I wouldn't take Ad ever, but I got worse and new I needed them. I was so scared to take my sertraline 50mg ,my husband took one first lol. He told me it made him feel heavy and tired. I then started on only a quart of the 50mg for2 days then had to be brave and take half 25mg for a week. My Dr told me I needed to take 50mg at least for it to work. I did it I thought nothing is going to make me worse than I am already, I did it and it was he'll, bit Dr gave me diazipam to help calm me, and that helped loads. 4 1/2 weeks of hell, feeling strange anxious, low tearful scared, hated to be alone, no sleep, brain fog tired, headaches and then... it all started to subtly get better and better. I did not believe I would make it. From 4 1/2 weeks I was feeling 95% me again. I've had a bit of a bblip since Xmas day, but I'm getting beterr again. Plz take the full dose ask for something alongside it to help keep you calm.

All the best sweet heart, big hugs x

• Posted

You're not going crazy. Give it a few more weeks Tammi. Everything will be okay. I know it sucks and most times everything feels so unreal, like a dream. That's one of the hardest parts is trying to convince yourself that you are alive. When you feel this way, just look around you, look at the stars, the moon, the sun, the trees, everything that makes life so precious. Focus on your breathing, listening to yourself breathe is a technique that most therapist recommend for relaxing, but for me it let me know that I'm actually alive. Pinch yourself really hard, lol that always helps. When my anxiety was really bad, about 4 months ago, I went a bought a beta fish to keep me company in my room. Betty fish require a lot of attention and it's definitely something that keeps me distracted when I'm having my episodes. Just throwing stuff out there that I do to get my mind off of the insane things that my anxiety brings on. Stay blessed ♡
    • Posted

And* beta* typos lol sorry
    • Posted

i have my dog domo to keep me company when im alone it helps but i freak myself out more when im alone . and tmw im going out with friends i hope ill be okay sad im kinda scared and nervous
    • Posted

Going out with friends is still something that I need to work on. No one really understand anxiety unless they've been through it. I'm afraid that I will have a panic attack or my palpitations will start while I'm out with friends. I always imagine worse case scenarios, which is perfectly normal for someone that has anxiety. Even though I feel this way, I do force myself to get out and do things I really don't want to do. So go ahead with your friends and try to ease your mind a bit, and hopefully you won't feel as anxious. Do continue your meds though, give it a couple more weeks..
    • Posted

i will continue with the meds smile and i will go tmw just pray for me lol please💜

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.