2nd Weigh In

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've just had my 2nd weigh in and I stayed the same. I know exactly where I've gone wrong and my injured wrist didn't help. The doctor appreciated my honesty and said at least I didn't put weight on (which I would have in the past). He doesn't want to see me again for 2 months now and I am determined he will see a great weight loss then.

Thanks again for all the helpful messages from everyone on here.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi you had a fantastic result on your first weigh in. when i saw my doc last week he was brilliant was happy i only lost 2lb gave me lots of encouragment saying slow is best and how long did it take you to put weight on? well the answer to that is 20 year after i had my babies. im hoping it wont take that long to get back off haha G x
  • Posted

Thanks. My dcotor was very positive too. He said he feels it is a lot harder to lose the weight in the winter and to wait the 2 months because otherwise the next weigh in would be right after Christmas and New Year and he said that wouldn't be fair. I was a little shocked though when he said any weight loss between now and spring would be a bonus, I think I would be distraught if I tried hard and lost nothing between now and March. Well, I'll just have to provide him with the bonus smile

Back on track this morning. Got an early start tomorrow but I'm going to give the Wii fit a go on Thurs morning to test out my wrist. I'm also going to stop weighing every day which I'd got back into the habit of.

• Posted

sallyb your doctor is very understanding you are very lucky. i have come to a stand still and was told if i didnt loose anymore weight i would be taken off the tablets.

I havent lost anything for 2 months now, i havent put anything on, so i suppose thats something.

Ladies on here have recommended that i stop the tablet for a bit, my doctor didnt seem to think that would make any difference.

i have 3 weeks now to loose some more weight before i go back again sad

Good luck over the christmas period i am dreading it!!

Tillydoll x

• Posted

Tillydoll, I'm in the same position as you. Having said that, I know I'm not being as careful as I should. I don't have any side effects because I stay away from fats, but I'm a terrible picker - always have been. I'm really struggling to make myself write everything down. sad I know it works when I do that.

Anything this month would be a bonus with exercise difficult and christmas looming. Keep on trying and hoping for that bonus. smile

• Posted

I think some doctors don't look at the whole picture. It's not very helpful to say he'll take you off the tablets and that's it. Really ought to looking into why the tablets have stopped helping you. As you say, I am very lucky, my doctor has already recognised my issue is in my head but has put me on the tablets as he wants me to lose weight for health purposes. He is hoping that by being on the tablets this will also cure the problem in my head but has said when I do come off them, if I then start to put weight back on he'll send me for counselling.

I sympathise with you and hope you do lose weight in the next few weeks. We'll all be on here routing for you.

• Posted

Hi Sally B

I agree your doctor sounds so supportive. He sounds very understanding about the Holiday period and winter. It took me years before anyone would listen to me I tried several Doctors in my practice and it was only when I was refered to the Nurse Practitioner that I showed myself up crying my eyes out because I was fed up of struggling with my weight and had not lost anything despite being put on Thyroxine for an underactive Thyroid gland when after a discussion about diet exercise etc she said I should think about going on Orlistat - I told her I didn't have to think and was put on them. I just get upset when I had to wait years for help. I was size 10 twenty years ago but struggled since to not put on weight which gradually just piled on over the years.

Incidentally I've spoken to other people who have an underactive thyroid gland and they are all struggling with their weight yet others I've been told about loss weight really quickly once they were put on Thyroxine.

Like lots you I'm struggling to loose any weight due to not being able to walk the puppy as it is sooo slippery.

Good luck to everybody over the next few weeks especially over Christmas and New Year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.