2to4 panadeine extra a day for last year is this dangerous for my liver?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, ive been taking panadeine extra for a few years but the last year almost every day, usually to elp me sleep ar to get rid of frequent slight headaches. I had a liver ultrasound and liver function test 6 months ago and both were normal. Is this level of daily codeine and paracetamol use dangerous? thanks

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The headaches are subsiding almst gone smile

• Posted

How are you going, I’ve stumbled upon this thread. I take nearly a box or 2 of panadiene xtra, @ 15 mgs codiene and 500 paracetamol. I started taking them about 6 years ago. And in low doses. But gradually increased due to stress. And now I can’t kick it, they are going to make it prescription only in 2 months. It’s not a conversation I want to start with a doctor, I think I’m starting to feel the side affects, and I’m getting married soon. It used to be to help me sleep and then it didn’t work, so I started taking phenergen too,. Seems to just spiral out of control 
    • Posted

Hi 4lak6. How did you go getting of the panadiene extra? Hope you had luck before the Feb 1 cut off and in time for your marriage.

Daniel

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.