Skip to content

Codeine and Paracetamol (Co-codamol)

Also known as Co-codamol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Codeine withdrawal symptoms

So to cut a long story short I have been addicted to codeine for over one year. I knew I had a problem but was unable to reduce my intake so decided enough was enough and decided to go cold turkey. I was taking at least 240mg per day. I am now 10 days since last codeine. I'm not going to lie …

Last reply
  • Codeine addiction

Been on cocodomol for almost a year, this is my first day off them and glad I told my doctor about the problem so won't be able to ask for them ever again. Weaned off them for 2 weeks there, and so glad I did the weaning off thing, wasn't easy but getting there.

Last reply
  • Im about to cold turkey from codeine and im scared!

Hi from Australia guys and girls! Ive been addicted to codeine for about 10yrs taking up to 60 tabs a day which is crazy i know, but ive go down over the last week to about 10. Here in Australia codeine has been banned from sales due to the affects on ppls live which is a good move BUT!! has forced …

Last reply
  • Buprenorphine for Codeine Addiction

a few  weeks ago I finally decided to address my codeine addiction that has ruled my life for the last 5 years. i’ve tried tapering many times but just cannot stay disciplined. i found the courage to speak with my GP who referred me to  a local service. I attended yesterday and spoke …

Last reply
  • Cocodamol addiction/withdrawal

I'm posting this as I've never told anyone about my addiction (and I've known it was an addiction for nearly a year now) and although I don't want to tell anyone I know, I'm going to try to get off them and thought this might help keep me on track. Total honesty - I was given 30/ …

Last reply
  • Cocodamol overdose

Hi I'm a bit embarrassed I took 10 cocodamol codamol on Friday night in one go I was feeling really low they were 8/500mg will I have done any damage i feel fine but was sick 2 hours after

Last reply
  • Cocodomol problem

I've been taking about 10×30/500mg of cocodomol for almost a year now, today is my first day of coming down off them, I took 2 this morning and 2 at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, but all I've done is sleep all day, do you think this is because I've took less today?

Last reply
  • Help - is this withdrawal?

Hi all I am new to the forum and have found it of great benefit particularly in regards to co-codomol withdrawal. Can anyone please tell me if I am experiencing withdrawal as I have been on the highest dose for around 3 months but some days only taking 4 tabs the odd day 1 so it’s been a bit hit …

Last reply
  • HELP QUICK Co-codamol Withdrawals

Hi guys  I’m really looking for some help. I am currently taking 30/500 co-codamol between 2-4 tablets a day and have been for the last 8 months. Was prescribed them for pain. Anyway, I decided I was taking them for the feeling and not the pain anymore. Came off them Wednesday and woke up …

Last reply
  • Tapering off codeine, help and support would be appreciated!

I have been taking 30/500 co codamol for around 2 years now and this is the first time I’m talking about it and admitting it. I first started taking them because of migraines which would have me bed bound for a few days and the tablets really helped, I’ve then slowly upped my dose to 3/4 every 3 …

Last reply
  • Tapering off cocodamol

I have been taking cocodamol for around 5 years for back pain. My GP just stopped it without explanation and prescribed paracetamol instead. a friend of mine had spare cocodamol and gave me loads so I was able to continue. I found myself taking them when I didn't have any pain, no more than 8 a …

Last reply
  • Co-Codamol withdrawal OR Gastric Flu?!! *HELP

I am a 38yr old male and i have been addicted to Co-Codamol 30/500mg (mainly dispersibles) for a few years now.  2 weeks ago i decided enough was enough and decided to wean myself (gently off them).  A week ago i began to experience flu like symptoms and was very weak, i vomited a day …

Last reply
  • Off codeine for 2 months but still getting restless legs argh

Hi I have came off codeine now for 2 months it wasn't easy but the worst syptom by far has been the restless legs ! Total insomnia because I can't sleep is anyone else still suffering this ? This long after stopping ? I am also 34 weeks pregnant and feel the rls is worse I want to not have …

Last reply
  • About to go cold Turkey.

So I've had a codeine addiction for the past ten years. Was off them for 9 months last year then was a little stressed at work took one and three months later I'm still on them. But.... now in Australia they have made them prescription only so I have been Dr shopping. I have been visiting …

Last reply
  • Co codamol quitting strategies that have worked for me.

I was loading up with codeine based painkillers at about 5pm every day as a result of addiction. I recently went to the far east on holiday, and so 5pm in the UK was 12pm there. I therefore was able to avoid withdrawal symptoms in the evenings and made sure I was tucked up by 11pm. Two weeks should …

Posted
  • co codamol addiction an withdrawals

ive been taking co codamols 30/500 for over 5 years the last three years taking 2 four times a day , my doc told me to take them regularly as im alergic to asprin and anti infamatories , i have two town and buldging discs in my lower back , anyway i have suffered terible tummy problems weight gain …

Last reply
  • will I get withdrawals again

Hi everyone, it's my first time in a forum  of any kind. I have been taking zapain for 10years and had managed to stop them for 6 months yay! But I relapsed a few 2 weeks ago and i worry I'm going to get withdrawals again when I stop. Douse anyone know if this  is likely to happen? …

Posted
  • Low dose Panadol and alcohol

hi, freaking out now because of stupidity. Have been on one tablet 500 mg or 665 mg Panadol per day for 3 months . Yesterday I had 2 tablets. And I drank wine, which I don’t do normally. My liver has always been fine. But I had more than recommended amount of wine. According to doctor Google it’s …

Last reply
  • Help coming off codiene

Just looking for advice and support been taking co codomal for over 4 years. Started on it for pain with my knee but just started taking it to relax. Last week i agreed to try and reduce under my doctors advice ( i didnt admit i was addicted). She gave me 3 packets of 15mg pure codiene and in less …

Last reply
  • Withdrawing from Cocodamol

Hi  I've been on cocodamol on and off for a long time now because I've had quite a few injuries in the last few years. The latest is a fractured verterbra. I'm nearly healed but I really want to get off the cocodamol as from reading online I'm beginning to think my exhaustion …

Last reply
  • Cold Turkey anyone.... ? 4 Days in.....

Short background , was prescribed Co-codamol 30/500 about 10 years ago for a perforated ear-drum and been taking varying dosages ever since.  I know what I’m doing is so wrong but can’t break the cycle fully. Longest period without had been 25 days but I always seem to relapse.  More …

Last reply
  • UK Nurofen Plus Addiction

Something 3 years ago I never thought I would be writing. I was prescribed 30/500 co-codamel for a leg injury in 2009. I was happily taking these up until 2016 when I thought I needed to calm down I went to the doctor and he immediately stopped the prescription and that was it, no more help. I had …

Last reply
  • Withdraw from co codamol

I really hope i have come to the right place. After being prescribed cocodamol, I suddenly realised i couldn’t get off them.  After my pain subsided I stopped and got the worst feelings ever the next day, I take 2 tabs three times a day. And am constantly bloated and feel i am twice the size. & …

Last reply
  • Nurofen plus addiction

I’ve been addicted to codeine for the last 6 years first stared with a couple to help me sleep here and there and it’s grown large amounts I take up to 16 pills at a time and between 2-4 times a day. I went to see GP got told to go to a drugs clinic I went got prescribed bupernorphine at first …

Last reply
  • How long can the withdrawal symptoms last?

Hello again, it's 19 days since I took my last cocodamol. I went through the first week feeling grim, I knew that but it was OK, I just told myself I'd got flu. The thing is, 19 days later and I'm still getting quite a lot of nausea and diarrhea. Is this still codeine withdrawal? Or …

Last reply
  • Co-codamol overdose

Last night I took 10 co-codamol tablets in an effort to kill myself. So far nothings happened but I woke up with servers abdominal pain. I really don’t want to go to hospital because I’m young and I would have to get my parents to take me. And they would question me about why I did this and I …

Last reply
  • 27 hours cocodamol free....!

So you guys inspired me to just stop. I'd been tapering down from 8 x30/500 a day but couldn't quite make that break. Felt jittery and cold and nauseous.... And I was going to keep cutting down and down but then yesterday I was busy and realised it had been 8 hours since I'd had one, so …

Last reply
  • Trying to stop cocodamol for the first time...

Hello everyone, I can't tell you how relieved I am to find this group. I've been reading all your posts and replies and I'm horrified at what I've been taking and so pleased to be here. I was prescribed 30/500s for a slipped disc along with diazepam, then they stopped the diazepam …

Last reply
  • Addicted to co-codamol

I have been taking co-codamol for years now and I am in my 20's I want to stop or at least reduce it but I am really struggling and feel scared about jow dependent I am. I was prescribed it for migraines, period pain & IBS but I have also been using it to help me sleep as I have insomnia. …

Last reply
  • Struggling with Codine Withdraws

Hello Everyone, my name is Tina and I am happy to have stumbled across this forum from googling withdraw symptoms from Codine.  I have quit cold turkey three weeks ago and was on these tablets for over twenty years. I started off taking only a few pills a day until over time it grew to more …

Last reply
  • Co codomol 30/500

Hi every1 , ummm don't know how to even put this 🙄 I take 6 30/500 cocodomols a day for the last 3 years , I have been suffering with lower right hand back pain and heart flutters   I'm concerned however my gp gave me the all the clear for my kidney and liver test a few months …

Last reply
  • Codeine addiction help !

Hi everyone , I am ashamed to say but i was addicted to taking codeine the last time I took any was Monday morning am and not had any since I know I need to come off these tablets now been through the worst of withdrawals now which have been hell but now am suffering with crippling anxiety I went …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.