Skip to content

Codeine and Paracetamol (Co-codamol)

Also known as Co-codamol

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Codeine withdrawal symptoms

So to cut a long story short I have been addicted to codeine for over one year. I knew I had a problem but was unable to reduce my intake so decided enough was enough and decided to go cold turkey. I was taking at least 240mg per day. I am now 10 days since last codeine. I'm not going to lie and...

Last reply
  • Cold Turkey anyone.... ? 4 Days in.....

Short background , was prescribed Co-codamol 30/500 about 10 years ago for a perforated ear-drum and been taking varying dosages ever since.  I know what I’m doing is so wrong but can’t break the cycle fully. Longest period without had been 25 days but I always seem to relapse.  More recently...

Last reply
  • Help coming off codiene

Just looking for advice and support been taking co codomal for over 4 years. Started on it for pain with my knee but just started taking it to relax. Last week i agreed to try and reduce under my doctors advice ( i didnt admit i was addicted). She gave me 3 packets of 15mg pure codiene and in less than...

Last reply
  • Nurofen plus addiction

I’ve been addicted to codeine for the last 6 years first stared with a couple to help me sleep here and there and it’s grown large amounts I take up to 16 pills at a time and between 2-4 times a day. I went to see GP got told to go to a drugs clinic I went got prescribed bupernorphine at first brilliant...

Last reply
  • co codamol addiction an withdrawals

ive been taking co codamols 30/500 for over 5 years the last three years taking 2 four times a day , my doc told me to take them regularly as im alergic to asprin and anti infamatories , i have two town and buldging discs in my lower back , anyway i have suffered terible tummy problems weight gain and...

Last reply
  • How long can the withdrawal symptoms last?

Hello again, it's 19 days since I took my last cocodamol. I went through the first week feeling grim, I knew that but it was OK, I just told myself I'd got flu. The thing is, 19 days later and I'm still getting quite a lot of nausea and diarrhea. Is this still codeine withdrawal? Or have...

Last reply
  • Co-codamol overdose

Last night I took 10 co-codamol tablets in an effort to kill myself. So far nothings happened but I woke up with servers abdominal pain. I really don’t want to go to hospital because I’m young and I would have to get my parents to take me. And they would question me about why I did this and I really...

Last reply
  • 27 hours cocodamol free....!

So you guys inspired me to just stop. I'd been tapering down from 8 x30/500 a day but couldn't quite make that break. Felt jittery and cold and nauseous.... And I was going to keep cutting down and down but then yesterday I was busy and realised it had been 8 hours since I'd had one, so I...

Last reply
  • Trying to stop cocodamol for the first time...

Hello everyone, I can't tell you how relieved I am to find this group. I've been reading all your posts and replies and I'm horrified at what I've been taking and so pleased to be here. I was prescribed 30/500s for a slipped disc along with diazepam, then they stopped the diazepam and...

Last reply
  • Addicted to co-codamol

I have been taking co-codamol for years now and I am in my 20's I want to stop or at least reduce it but I am really struggling and feel scared about jow dependent I am. I was prescribed it for migraines, period pain & IBS but I have also been using it to help me sleep as I have insomnia. I...

Last reply
  • Struggling with Codine Withdraws

Hello Everyone, my name is Tina and I am happy to have stumbled across this forum from googling withdraw symptoms from Codine.  I have quit cold turkey three weeks ago and was on these tablets for over twenty years. I started off taking only a few pills a day until over time it grew to more and...

Last reply
  • Cocodamol overdose

Hi I'm a bit embarrassed I took 10 cocodamol codamol on Friday night in one go I was feeling really low they were 8/500mg will I have done any damage i feel fine but was sick 2 hours after

Last reply
  • Co codomol 30/500

Hi every1 , ummm don't know how to even put this 🙄 I take 6 30/500 cocodomols a day for the last 3 years , I have been suffering with lower right hand back pain and heart flutters   I'm concerned however my gp gave me the all the clear for my kidney and liver test a few months ago...

Last reply
  • I took 24 co-codamol Sunday night (30/500) what’s going to happen?

I took 24 co codamol at once Sunday night... Monday morning started being sick about 9am and carried on being sick all day the last time I threw up was 8.30 this evening.. what’s going to happen next? Has it passed? Or will I continue to be ill? It was a stupid heat of the moment decision as I’ve been...

Last reply
  • Codeine addiction help !

Hi everyone , I am ashamed to say but i was addicted to taking codeine the last time I took any was Monday morning am and not had any since I know I need to come off these tablets now been through the worst of withdrawals now which have been hell but now am suffering with crippling anxiety I went cold...

Last reply
  • Tapering off Nurofen Plus

Hi, I just wanted to share my story and maybe get some advice. I have begun to taper off Nurofen plan (codeine/ibuprofen) like many others I found myself dependent on the medication after I began taking it for recurrent headaches. At the most I was taking 14-16 tablets per day. This dependency crept...

Last reply
  • Addicted to Co-codamol

10 years ago I had some shoulder pain - it was very sudden and very painful. My doctor prescribed diazepam for a week.  Once these had ran out and the pain wasn’t so severe my mother-in-law gave me 1 x 30/500cc.  It took the pain away totally but more than that, it made me feel floaty and happy....

Last reply
  • Codeine/Co-codamol addiction beaten

I've come on here to let those of you who recognise you have a dependency on cocodamol or codeine know that you can get off these hateful tablets. There's hardly any info on UK websites, but if like to share my experience with you. I became addicted to 30/500 co-codamol about 5 years ago when...

Last reply
  • Codeine cold turkey help

Hi all I've been taking codeine based products for 3 years now starting 8 a day now upto 15 a day maybe more. No one knows about my addiction. I did go to the doctors a year ago who put me on a taper plan it worked to start then I went back to square one so now it's time to cold turkey. I have...

Last reply
  • Im about to cold turkey from codeine and im scared!

Hi from Australia guys and girls! Ive been addicted to codeine for about 10yrs taking up to 60 tabs a day which is crazy i know, but ive go down over the last week to about 10. Here in Australia codeine has been banned from sales due to the affects on ppls live which is a good move BUT!! has forced me...

Last reply
  • I'm addicted to co-codamol

Hi, I started taking Co-codamol for spd and then it was prescribed for my ibs. I have been taking between 6-8 tablets daily of 60 mg, I have never abused the drug or over used it in any way however I have found that I am dependant on it. I really wish to get off this drug, I want to go back to a time...

Last reply
  • Advice getting off codeine

Hi, Im looking for some advice on getting off codeine. short story is that like most people, i started using co codamol (30/500) for legit pain, this slowly turned into using it to sleep, then progressed to every day. 5 years down the line and 12 tablets each later here i am.  I’ve previously...

Last reply
  • Trying to taper of codeine

Hi All, im a long term user of codeine and found myself taking up to 20 pills a day at times 30mg tablets. I cannot go cold turkey as full time work, family etc and just cant bear the thoughts of withdrawal symptoms,  so far in a matter of weeks i have came down to the prescribe 8 per day and i...

Last reply
  • Codeine withdrawal- delayed symptomd

Hi all, I have been taking around 10-12 tablets of 15mg (Panadene Extra) tablets for about 3 years. So its not an excessive addiction but still an addiction. I have tried to quit a few times and the withdrawal has been too much as I have a little girl to look after. Now this time I am over 24hrs with...

Last reply
  • I've been on cocodamol 30/500

Hi everyone I've been addicted to cocodamol for at least 3 maybe 4 years and i have to have 6 a day and I get so so depressed I feel to cry I got anger there to were I'm addicted to them I am so determined to get off them but the question is how I have a full time job just started and I don't...

Last reply
  • Addicted to cocodamol

I’ve been prescribed cocodamol for about a year now. I’ve been taking between 8-15 a day for months. I get them on repeat prescription and obviously always run out early. I tried to reorder and the doctors phoned to say I have to go in if I want to ask for them because I’ve been on them so long. I think...

Last reply
  • Cocodamol addict . Selfish but its my 1st and foremost

Where to start. First prescribed these nasty little pills in 2011 for torn muscle in my back. Fast forward to 2018 totally hooked, addicted and a slave to the next dose. I cannot believe the things I have done and the lengths I have gone to to stay on these horrible little pills. I admitted to my...

Last reply
  • Real time recording of codeine in Australia

Hi, I'm a long time codeine addict, and due to real time recording of codeine have been refused sale of codeine. I understand the reason that the Pharmacy Guild have put it in place, but is that where it ends? Just refuse selling it to people? I feel like they have not thought things through in...

Last reply
  • Help coming off approx 120-140gms a day of codeine

My story is that I have been a long timer user of codeine products.  Started 11 years ago when I started taking 2 when getting headaches. Fast forward 4 years ago, I hurt my back and ended up on fairly strong meds....endone, oxy...good thing is I didn't get hooked on the endone or oxy but I...

Last reply
  • Withdrawal

Hello iwas addicted to alchol or alcholic managed to get through that with AA. About 15 years ago i was beaten up and put on morphine and was addicted to pain killers co codamol being the main evil. I have been on 32 for 14 years and should be in a box but survive 8 days ago i went cold turkey. Major...

Last reply
  • 6 days clean

I’ve been CT from Neurofen plus for the last 6 days. I was taking up to 30 a day just to get by, the constant chemist shopping was a nightmare, I hated myself for it but needed it at the same time. The first time I came off them was because I nearly killed myself I had caused myself a peptic ulcer and...

Last reply
  • no problems with co-codamol

I find it interesting reading all the posts about people having problems with cocodamol.  I have been on them for probably 15 years. I was originally on ibuprofen as a result of widespread pain but had to be taken off when I was put on omeprazole as you cannot be put on both at the same time....

Last reply
  • Tapering off cocodamol

I have been taking cocodamol for around 5 years for back pain. My GP just stopped it without explanation and prescribed paracetamol instead. a friend of mine had spare cocodamol and gave me loads so I was able to continue. I found myself taking them when I didn't have any pain, no more than 8 a day...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.