Co Codamol/Nurofen Plus

Posted , 3 users are following.

On a medical point of view, is taking 3 Co codamols at once, and only ONCE per day safe? For a 19 stone make, 6 foot 2.

I'm concerned and want to be sensible. I never take more than the max dose per day, like never.

I take it for pain and its become habit to take at night after work.

Is my liver doomed?

I actually take Nurofen plus anyway and at 800 mg at once, I avoid paracetamol as much as possible because I know the risks.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

To add, I take this once every day at night, so then go 24 hours without, as I don't need it through the day at all. No desire to take it through the day.

I think I could just do the same, but try go days without.

I wouldn't call it addiction, more dependance.

What if I took just 2 at the same time every night?

• Posted

Speaking as a recovering codeine addict (2 years plus clean) I'd say you should be very careful at this stage. It's so easy to gradually slide into full blown addiction from relatively low doses and it's damn difficult to kick once you are really addicted. If you DO get really heavily addicted (10, 30, 40+ every day) it will rule (and ruin) your life. If you're not in any pain, then the best dosing regime is none at all. If you are in pain see your GP. Otherwise, stop now, completely, while you can. Also, and I don't want to sound rude, I'd be concerned about weight; your BMI is over 34, clinically speaking that's obese, and it will likely have a bad effect on your health and life expectancy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.