It is possible to be free of cocodamol

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just a quick note to say stay strong people. I was addicted to codeine in it's various forms for five years taking unbelievable amounts. That changed 18 months ago when it tore my life apart. since then I've led a happy, healthy life opiate free and you can too. Educate yourself, get professional help, build a support network and stay strong. You can beat it, it's hard but does get easier I promise.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi can you tell me how you became codeine free pls. How long did it take you to get free I need all the help I can get.

I've been on them about 5 year my self after a back injury I was given them with no warnings, when I came off them I felt awful really poorly. I googled and found out all about them and that's where it all began xx any help will be brilliant thanks

• Posted

Hi, I was on 30-40 tabs a day of either 8/500's and/or 30/500s depending what I could get hold of. I'd been taking codeine for many years. Finally decided to give them up on 11th December 2017. I had got to loathe and detest being a slave to this pernicious drug. I tapered down to nothing over a period of 2 months. I last took codeine on 9th Feb this year. It's not easy, but it's actually not that difficult either. You just need to be determined and bloody-minded about it. Once you get into the swing of reducing you gain momentum and get positive lift for knowing you're doing something about your problem. Yes, sometimes you get withdrawals, headaches, depression, weakness, but not all the time and it's bearable because you're on a mission to save yourself. My fife's improved greatly since then. Feel much, much healthier. Saved a lot of money. And I'm really, really glad not to be doing any more multiple pharmacy round-trips when you don't want to get out of bed, and ashamedly facing the scrutiny of the pharmacy assistants when you just do not need their disapproval on top of everything else. Plus you can loose your licence for drug driving on codeine.. Please, just do it, start tapering tomorrow. It's the best thing you can do for yourself. It's not too late and you certainly won't regret it. I wish you good luck and a fair wind.

• Posted

hi jan,

im 8 days without but its so hard not buying them!! all day im at work thinking of which chemist i can call to after work. i havent....somehow i go straight home but its getting harder not easier!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.