Taking codeine daily. What are the efects on the organs / body?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello. I take solpadol 30/500mg daily. I am not a very high user. I only take perhaps 4 daily. but I have read a lot of forums on here of people who take codeine and have around 40 plus tablets a day! I would love to know what you experience whether you get any pains in your body due to the high consumption? I have tried to look online for the answer but cant find anything. I have read that taking codeine a lot can cause kidney damage and other symptoms but how many tablets do you have to be taking for that to happen? surely 40 plus would be doing that?. it would be great if anyone had any in depth symptoms or effects on their organs. I am not talking about withdrawal symptoms. purely effects of the tablet in the system and organs.

thankyou.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

40 a day would kill you at 20 your pushing your luck i was taking up to 16 a day and that proper messed me up i have social anxiety and after a back injury the doctor perscribed me co codomal 30/500 i found out that if i took 3 id get a calming effect and was able to go out felt anazing at first but after a while tolerance kicking in and had to up the dose i went up 8 twice a day it got so bad i was having respertory problems really shallow breathing to the point that id wake up gasping for air while i was asleep pains in my abdomen and my skin was like a pail tint of a bluish shade i honestly feared i was going to die so just had to stop them i tapered off with over the counter 8/500 over two months ago never looked back feel amazing now first two weeks where really hard but stick with it the withdrawls get easier each day if your taking that much please talk to your doctor they will help or you final destination on them will be death hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.