Help with cocodamol addiction

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello hope i can get some advice here goes i am a cocodamol user i have been on and of them for a few years now i have been getting my script from the doctors since june last year previous to that i was able to get them of a friend 30/500 however i now want to take myself of them one reason is my doctores wont prescribe them to me no more and the other i am sick and tierd of having to take them and getting myself in a mess when i have nearly run out trying to source them from people its wearing me out i take at least 11 a day depends how stressed i get since i spoke to my doctor the other day i have been reducing them by taking 1 instead of 2 but i can feel the effects if i only have the one i have emailed my doctor to let her no but no reply i really dont no what to do i wont rid of them alogether but my head doesnt seem to want me to stop if that makes sense thank you for reading ..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi mary, i feel like i need to reach out to you, i have been taking cocodamol foe four years, first for gallbladder then continuous for a slipped disc. It got to the point where it has blocked my salivary gland, i constantly felt sedated, chills, spaced out, constantly worrying about needing another one, not communicating properley, erratic moods. Dont get me wrong i used to have no problems on them, this has happened over time and with needing more as time went on.

Two days ago i decided enough was enough and i need to break this habit while i still can. The psychological aspect of quitting has so far been worse than the actual withdrawals.

day 1. had slight diarrhoea

managed to do all my daily tasks, communicated much better, felt happier in myself and slept fine.

day 2. spent the day with family, no ups or downs like i used to have, just felt nice and relaxed and much more with it.

I know i have a way to go but this will only get better, the joy i feel i know i will never go back now, and guess what my back pain is so much better than before when i was on them, also the crippling leg pain i had has vanished.

please think about quitting, dont let your mind fool you into thinking you cant. I was spiralling out of control now just two days in i have that control back and who knows where id have been in years to come, cos i went from one tab a day to 8.

any questions feel free to message me, i will support you in anyway. Just take that leap x

• Posted

1st group i have joined...I have been taking 6x 30 500 co codamol everyday for nearly 6 years and I just can't see how to stop i really need help but just don't know what to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.