Very long term use of 30/500 co co damol....

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello....I've been taking the above doses from 2003....I worked as a caretaker/handyman in private school in Cardiff for 14 years...started when I was 50 yrs old.   Hard work.  Old building NO lifts basement to attic 5 floors.....lots carrying...etc..but lived on site....7 days a week on call 24/7.      After about 3 yrs....bad back/ legs...went to doctors.....told her about my pain and aching bones....priscribed Co co damol. 30/500.    Started taking the next morning 4-30am....sat drinking cup of tea....took two tablets.    Not long after....wonderfull Glow / feeling of calm, pain free came over me.....6 a day from then on....( used to be very nervous person...would not travel,fly.train.bus...did not like crowds...no holidays.    Stayed on site in my safe little world...).   The drugs helped my nervous stomach/ bowel cope...firmed everything up ! If you know what I mean.  ........but now after all these yrs I've decided to come off them. I think they have had a terrible toll on my libido/ lust for life....just slept lots of the time......Come off them 9 days ago.....oh hell....Vomit...runs every day since....up at 2am reading till 4 am....back to bed....try to sleep....hot bottom half of my legs.....flu like symptoms...sneezing....But feel more Alive....more energy....more Horny....!!!!!!      So I am going to keep on the fight to stay off Co co damols.......any tips from anyone would be nice........

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Keep going your over the worst bit now , unfortunately I'm back on them for no other reason than severe pain due to osteoarthritis, but I don't ever take more then I should I don't feel mine is a problem like others as they take more and more for thst buzz, I'm allergic to anti inflammatory and other painkillers so I'm in catch 22 and I know if I stop them again I have to go through the withdrawal process all over again, but if you have done 9 days and are coping well kept at it that's amazing let us know how you get on good luck xx

• Posted

Hi. I have just posted on here. I agree about the 'glow'. Other than the occasional nausea, being on codeine is great. I would happily take them forever but know this is not a good idea. I am not even sure that they are that bad for you if not combined with other painkillers? Perhaps I am just kidding myself? Hope you are feeling ok now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.