I'm addicted to co-codamol and need advice

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started taking co-codamol about three years ago. I suffered back trauma and needed pain relief and now that I feel ready to get off them, I can't. The doctors are aware of this and said I need to taper off, I've cut myself to taking six tablets a day instead of eight but the next drop seems so hard. I feel dirty and massively disappointed with myself, I suffer from mental health problems and I have noticed I numb myself using co codamol. Was just hoping for some friendly advice on how to proceed?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Getting off these pills is the biggest favor you can do yourself right now. You really don't have to give up all of a rush. Try reducing by 1/2 tablet every 3-4 days. Make a chart to plot your reduction. That's what I did, and I've been off them for just over a year now from taking thirty or so every day. Don't have all these negative thoughts about yourself either - be kind to yourself. You have value. Just stick in there. You CAN do it. You may have some side effects at first but these will soon pass and you'll be pleasantly surprised that your state of mind will start to become much healthier quite quickly. Do this for yourself and your people, you deserve it! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.