2weeks in 14lb lost

Posted , 12 users are following.

I've been taking orlistat for 2 weeks , the first week loosing 8lb this week 6 so far! I've been living off cereal for breakfast, salad and chicken for lunch and chicken/fish and veg or chilli and rice/ mince with veg gravy and sweet potatoes. 

Loving the results, just dreading the slowing down of loosing the lbs 

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That's brilliant! Well done how much did you weigh to start with? X 
    • Posted

15st 9 and a size 14/16 now comfortably size 14, my goal being 10/12 x 
  • Posted

Wow what a weight loss, so quick to.  I'm so blooming short only 5foot 2inches and a wee bit smile  When I hit just over 14 stone 5 lbs and with gravity taking over felt so ill and down with how I had allowed myself to get to that state.  Scales this morning were 12.10 so am hoping I will be 12st or less by my weight in on 7th July,  So hope to get in some more long cycling before a week Monday coming's weigh in at the Doctors.  Well done Linzi smile

• Posted

Hi Maureen,

Hope you don't mind me asking how long have you been doing it ? As I'm 14.5 now and need to lose at least 3 stone ! 😱 

I'm only into my 3rd week and only lost 2lbs so far 😢

• Posted

Wow well done you! How long has it taken you to get to that? Unfortunately I can't excercise as I have nerve damage in my leg from countless knee ops so small walks with my dog is my only excercise 😊
    • Posted

Hi Lisa,  I started Oralist by Dr on Mon 12th May this year have had my 1st weigh in and had lost 12lbs on 9th June, so I am now just a day over 2 weeks of this new 4 week period (My Dr said he wants me in the surgery every 4 weeks so he can weigh me before prescribing my next 4 weeks of Oralist, am assuming its the same for everybody on here but may well be wrong) before going on my next weigh in 7th July.  Dr had a student Dr in with him on my last visit and was explaining to her abourt Oralist as she said she had never heard of them,  and he did say that my weight loss will eventually start to slow down.  If I get down to 10 stone I will be happy but if I can get down to 9.12 stone I will be elated.  So my weight loss that I need is a stone or more than you, also I am going to be 63 in a couple of weeks so I am not as energetic as I was in my 40's or 50's.   I would not go worrying about 2lbs weight loss, its weight off, not on which is good, when I used to go to Slimming World are leader used to have items weighing 1 lb , 2 lb, etc and if you can visualize that in front of you it really gives you optimism for the following week.  Were all taking Oralist for the same reason to lose lbs, so well done in losing 2lbs smile I also believe the oralist takes a while to get into the system, some might kick in faster than others and slow down faster than others, in the meantime I have to keep my chin up (all three of them) smile

• Posted

Hi Linzi, I started taking oralist Mon 12th May so have had one weigh in with Dr which was after my first 4 weeks and had lost 12 lbs averaging 3lb per week.  My Dr wants me in every 4 weeks so he can weigh me and then prescribe another 4 weeks.  Next weigh in 7th July which will take me up to 8 weeks on that date.  I have a set of Weight Watcher scales upstairs and hop on them to see where I am, naughty I know but if I was at slimming world I would be having a weekly weigh in, thats my excuse.  I am almost 63 so not as active as I used to be and I know its only a number smile  I can fully sympatise with your injury I used to work in hospital with patients, its good you are able to take small walks with your dog it all helps.  I went bike riding the other day fine going into town and part way coming home, then I felt shattered sad Been taking my grandaughter swimming outside but it felt a little on the cold side for me and I haven't got a wet suit smile so I said I will go in on or around the 1st July and not before, so if you hear of a tidal wave on that date it was me Lol.  Your weight loss in 2 weeks is amazing, well done smile

• Posted

goodness me! that is an amazing weight loss well done and well jell x

• Posted

Thank you! I'm shocked myself as I've not really changed my diet, just couldn't loose the weight myself x
  • Posted

Wow that's fab, that out my 2lb in 2 wks to shame lol x
    • Posted

I think my biggest thing was making sure I'm not eating anything over 5 g of fat x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.