2yr old face is covered in MC!! HELP!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Thank God I found this forum!! I've had NO answers from doctors here in Texas 🙁 & my baby's face is getting more & more of these things on it. She had one on the end of her eyebrow that almost look like a pimple and I guess when I was at work it popped & now it's red and infected looking. From what I've read so far, now I have to worry about it spreading some more which sucks because it seems like her whole baby face is covered with these stupid things & they are now spreading to her eyelids, nose, & legs. She's still a toddler baby so I can't do a lot of these treatments. Especially on her eye area. Please help!! I'm very alarmed, concerned & frustrated ! Thank you!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Iris, I commented on this blog several months ago about my grand daughter and her meluscum issue. I got several recommendation that I believed might have worked however, they just cleared up almost overnight on their own. She had these things on her neck, eyelids, butt and hands for about 18 months. During that time, 3 different dermatologist advised to let it run its course that they will just dry up because she was just 2 years old when they appeared. The daycare worker told me they were very common in that environment which is where I believe she got them.Hang in there! They will go away when they are ready! Good luck.
  • Posted

Hey I am an adult who is just getting over molliscum. I had never heard of it in my life. I was looking at all kinds of posts with suggestions and even tried them but the long and short of it is it has to run its course. They seem to appear in different spots almost daily to the point I was covered. It is hard on the mind it really is but I started to take things to boost my immune system like fruit and veggies abd vitamins and after 2 months now they are starting to disappear. Jyst hang in there they will eventually disappear.
  • Posted

If she is just a baby I would put epsom salts (or sea salt) into a bowl of lukewarm water and make it pretty salty. Then I would soak a wash cloth in it and dab it around her face as much as she would let me. I would that several times a day. There is no way we could do all those acid treatments on little children. If there is any chance she is spreading it on her body, let her play in a tub of salted water for as long as she will while you sit by and dab her face as much as possible with the salted water. I hope it works for you. We had very good success with it. I put a lot of epsom salts in the water - it dries those 'dots' up.

• Posted

I would definitely try the epsom salt soaks, get her on an oral probiotic to boost immune system, and conzerol cream and soap is all natural antiviral and antibacterial that is gentle and non painful. Can be used on child's face.

• Posted

Since this was a year ago I was wondering what u ended up doing or how things are now? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.