Skip to content
Ad

Molluscum Contagiosum

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • What do stage 1 molluscum look like?

I was diagnosed a week and a half ago (after the first doctor thought it was folliculitis). After being properly diagnosed, the doctor froze them on the spot. Exactly one week later, I went back to have 2 more froze off and she she redid the ones that the scab had fallen off of. I freaked myself reading...

Posted
  • Need help!

My 8yo was diagnosed with MCV, I have been treating with essential oils and they are starting to burst and scab over. Question is they are quite large after they have burst and started scabbing and tonight he was in a little bit of pain. From everything I read I thought that once they all starting bursting...

Last reply
  • Molloscum Contagiosum Nightmare

Although I didn't know it until a couple months ago, I've been living with MC for almost 5 months now. It first appeared on my bottom, I thought they were just zits. Me and my doctor think I picked it up from a toilet seat, as I'm only sexually active with my boyfriend, and he doesn't...

Last reply
  • Update on my molluscum - Month 11 with virus and what's helping

Hi Everyone, I had posted probably awhile back...months ago about how upset and frustrated I was with my molluscom virus and shared some feelings as to how s****y it's made me feel. I thought i'd give an update. I am currently on about month 10 or 11 with the virus, and I am hoping it will be...

Posted
  • Molluscum is ruining my life, I need help

I'm at my wits end and lowest point so far in my 7 months of living with MC. I am a 23 year old female and I contracted it from protected sex. It started on my genitals but just a few. I confused them with razor burn and just moisturized the area. It wasn't until I had a few bumps on my inner...

Last reply
  • Molluscum is spreading rapidly - 22 year old healthy female

About two weeks ago (mid September) I started noticing a couple of bumps around my genital area. At first I thought they were just ingrown hairs so I didn't think much of it but then last week, Sept 27, I felt some growth on my labia. That's when I freaked out and went to see a gynecologist....

Posted
  • Molluscum and Ringworm. 16 years old. Help

I have had molluscum contagiosum for 14 months and its still spreading. It started as 3 small bumps on my thigh and has spread to my other thigh, my stomach, and now my hands. I have ringworm on top of the molluscum on my legs and stomach, too. I tried Tretinoin and tea tree oil and both did nothing....

Last reply
  • My molluscum encounter, treatment & infection

I'm 39 M Aust. About nine weeks ago I noticed a pimple on my genital area and didn't think anything of it. It didn't hurt and over the next weeks it didn't change, I thought it would just disappear.... eventually. Anyway, after it was there for 7wks, I decided it was time to go to the...

Last reply
  • MC cure time lapse

Hi, I have gotten MC about 1 week ago (or I have noticed the bumps since then) I have read several remedies in this forum and I have used the apple vinegar by nights and coconut oil by day. So far some of them have started healing with the AV but it's just the 2nd day on it. I have also pop some...

Last reply
  • Molluscum Contagiosum

I need some guidance.  My 8 year old daughter has Molluscum Contagiosum.  The district nurse and school determined that she can not attend school due an outbreak on her neck, under her chin and a bump on her face.  It would be physically impossible to bandage the effected areas which would...

Last reply
  • My son has molluscum on his face please help

PLEASE HELP......My 6 year old son developed molluscum about 6 months ago. We noticed some bumps on his chin.Eventually diagnosed by a Dr as molluscum. His chin is now compleatly covered in these spots,he also has them under his chin,neck and in his eyebrows. He is so self concious of them and it is...

Last reply
  • My Cure for Mollescum Contagiosum

Hi, I have a 7 years old daughter who had been suffering with Mollescum Contagiosum for 18 months. Over that time I have searched the net trying to find a cure but to no avail. (I did try the Apple Cider Vinegar) HOWEVER, I contracted the virus on my toe and thought I would try and use Fucidin H cream...

Last reply
  • Help Please 15 year old

Hi! I'm 15 years old and i have Molluscum Contagiosum. I recently just noticed this about two months ago. I think i've had it longer and i just never thought it was a big deal so i never said anything. I'm not sure how i even got this virus because i have never been sexualy active or shared...

Last reply
  • Success with Molluscum

I have 2 children that were diagnosed with Molluscum 3 weeks ago. I treated them with the Duofilm as advised by the Dr's. The Duofilm was burning their skin, making it turn white, but I saw no improvement.  During this time, I had their skin uncovered, and the Molluscum was spreading under umpits,...

Last reply
  • SOLUTION TO MC THAT WORKS

I had so many molluscum spots all over my body that started around 6 months ago. I felt like i had depression over it. I eventually discovered the best solution out there and after i told the doctor they were surprised by it... Still to this day i never know how i got Molluscum as my partner who i was...

Posted
  • I have 1 mc in my groin area

I have an protected sex last month and it appear in my groi area about 1st week and it doesnt spread and no itch or get redden . And now it is on 1st month and it doesnt go away , is my MC is not contagious because it is not spreading and no itch thanks for the help

Posted
  • What we did and it worked!

Years ago my grandkids developed this. We brought them to the doctor and because of their ages he was hesitent to burn them off with chemicals or whatever they used. I kept researching about it and found a story of a woman that had a small daughter with the same thing. She took her to swim in the ocean...

Last reply
  • MC recurring over 6 months please help

Hi there So I'm a male at 33 years of age. I've had this disgusting virus for 6 months now and im really stuck and don`t know what to do next and could really use any ones help or support who has or is going through the same problem To get a few things straight , Im active ,healthy and eat...

Last reply
  • Damn this sucks im going crazy, 26 year old male

Okay so i got diagnosed with molluscum 2 1/2 weeks ago, ive had it since mid march, so 2 months. i seen a derm last week, he treated each bump, by curettage.. At this point i had about 10 bumps in total, all on the right side of my groin region, the next day i noticed 2 bumps on the otherside of...

Last reply
  • Molluscum Contagiosum on a 3 year olds arm please advice

My 3 year old has had this Molluscum contagiosum for coming up a year now and im starting to worry it started with one spot which has now turned into 5. There are loads of very small what look like pimples appearing on her arms and hope to god that they are not the same thing as there's a large amount...

Last reply
  • Moluscum?

​my ten year old daughter developed this pink blister with white dots inside after a mosquito bite that she kept scratching making it bleed again when it was almost healing. Doctor says is a moluscum. Do you agree? Is in the upper side of right hand

Last reply
  • Mucosum Contageosum and oral sex

Hi, I (female) was diagnosed with mucousum contageosum around my vagina a couple months ago. Most of the blisters I still have not gone away. I will see my boyfriend in another month and am worried he could get it on his face when he performs oral sex. I most likely did not get it from him, as I don't...

Posted
  • MC week before wedding

Hi, I have discovered I have MC, 1 week before wedding. Have around 80 on one hand and 49 on other. Spread to feet and knees. Doctors said to wait for immune reaction to kick in, they froze some to start this process but nothing yet Any home remedies or advice how to limit? I'm a 27 year old female...

Last reply
  • Is this Molloscum?

Hello all, This small bump appeared in my pubic region about 3-4 days ago, at first I just assumed it was an ingrown hair as I trim with small scissors and cut some hairs really short/completely down Pictures: https://s30.postimg.org/ssum2cgtd/IMAG0066.jpg https://s12.postimg.org/5fgkuwu4d/IMAG0074.jpg (less...

Last reply
  • 2yr old face is covered in MC!! HELP!

Thank God I found this forum!! I've had NO answers from doctors here in Texas 🙁 & my baby's face is getting more & more of these things on it. She had one on the end of her eyebrow that almost look like a pimple and I guess when I was at work it popped & now it's red and...

Last reply
  • New diagnosis

So I am a nursing instructor who had no idea about MC. I have it and it is spreading as we speak, it is so itchy and I am afraid of getting it on my face, you see I still teach.I don't know much about it and am not dealing well with it. I deal with patients all the time but when you become one...

Last reply
  • Molluscum Contagiosum

Is horrible!! my 4yr old got it. I am breaking my head thinking where she got it. Started with 2 little dots that she complaint where itching and a month later she has them all over her arm and half stomach. The pediatrician recommended IMIQUIMOD but that burned her skin so bad even though I applied...

Last reply
  • Any idea?

I was diagnosed with this around a month ago by a doctor, hitting me physically and mentally but i can manage. All i need to know is someone who has been through this am i doing the right thing by using duct tape, wart remover, tea tree? I cover every single day and it takes me around 10 minutes, i soak...

Last reply
  • Moluscum, unknown source, fighting it hard!

i was recently diagnosed with MC. The part that has freaked me out is not knowing where or how I got it. I'm in a long term relationship and she has no signs (was tested after I was diagnosed )   I've not messed around at all.   The dr did not seem to concerned about it to be honest,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.