Skip to content

Molluscum Contagiosum

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Molloscum Contagiosum Nightmare

Although I didn't know it until a couple months ago, I've been living with MC for almost 5 months now. It first appeared on my bottom, I thought they were just zits. Me and my doctor think I picked it up from a toilet seat, as I'm only sexually active with my boyfriend, and he doesn't...

Last reply
  • Molluscum anxiety, please help

Hi I had MC for about four or five months. I thought I was totally clear by about the beginning of February. I had it on my genitals, thighs, and towards the end my chest as well. I tried so many different things to get rid of them that it's hard to know what actually worked in the end, however...

Last reply
  • Molluscum clearing after 2 YEARS

I have been dealing with molluscum for two years now. I realized I had it in May of 2016 after I slept with a guy which is where I think I got it. I'm writing this now because I believe it is finally starting to clear up after trying many different things. I'm a 21 year old female in college...

Last reply
  • Mollescum Journey at 23

Hello! Just a lil background info before I go into detail. I'm a 23 year old white female with mollescum on my genital area. It took 4 months for my mollescum to even show up after I contracted it from my last sleeping partner unknowingly. 🙃 I started noticing my mollescum around early...

Posted
  • My (hopefully) brief molluscum experience

Just want to share my experience with people in the hope some of you may find it helpful. When I first realised I had molluscum the seemingly never ending stories of people who are struggling with it was very worrying - its only been a week so far but touch wood I appear to have vanquished it fairly...

Last reply
  • Success with Molluscum

I have 2 children that were diagnosed with Molluscum 3 weeks ago. I treated them with the Duofilm as advised by the Dr's. The Duofilm was burning their skin, making it turn white, but I saw no improvement.  During this time, I had their skin uncovered, and the Molluscum was spreading under umpits,...

Last reply
  • Does Epsom salt work for molluscum

Just after some info I managed to cure my son with tea tree but not having the same affect on my youngest daughter I’m now trying dr wheatgrass with little improvements now I’m looking into a salt bath for two reasons really as she has not had a bath for ages just showers so should b fun An hopefully...

Posted
  • Molluscum Contagiosum?

Could anyone with experience with molluscum contagiosum give me some insight into whether this looks like it could possibly be it... I have a few small spots on my pubic area. They aren't painful. Sometimes very mildly itchy. I've had them for about a month and they haven't seemed to change...

Last reply
  • Need help stopping Molluscum Contagiosum from spreading!

I've had been treating Molluscum Contagiosum (MC) for over a month now.  My method is to apply cotton soaked in Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV).  It is working pretty good, but somehow new ones keep popping up.  All my MCs are in genital area and two new ones recently popped up on the shaft. ...

Posted
  • MC on my scalp, anyone have any advice?

So I've apparently had mc since March-April 2017 without knowing it, never had a single doctor mention that the bumps on my bum sempt odd. I had got herpes back in February (condoms don't always protect you kids, don't be stupid) so I wrongly assumed it was a herpes related bump and left...

Last reply
  • How I beat Molloscum Contagiosum

Hi all, I have decided to join this website with the sole purpose of sharing how I and my girlfriend beat Molluscum Cantagiosum. I hope the following helps any fellow sufferers. It is a truly vile virus which no-one seems to know about until they fall victim to it. I was very dissapointed with the medical...

Last reply
  • Washing clothing and keeping it after/during molluscum?

So I never wear clothes more then once, I have molluscum all over my body and don't want to make it worse. I only use towels once then wash them with hot water and dry on hot. I was curious to those who rid of this awful condition, did you have to throw away all your clothes/towels once you cured...

Last reply
  • Tips/Treatment For Molluscum (Very Detailed)

I am writing this to try and help someone because I know how horrendous this virus is and just would like to put some tips out there. This is going to be very long and detailed so grab a snack.  A little background- I am a 22 year old female and had Molluscum in the genital region for about a year...

Last reply
  • Update on my molluscum - Month 11 with virus and what's helping

Hi Everyone, I had posted probably awhile back...months ago about how upset and frustrated I was with my molluscom virus and shared some feelings as to how s****y it's made me feel. I thought i'd give an update. I am currently on about month 10 or 11 with the virus, and I am hoping it will be...

Last reply
  • Please help!!!! Can MC be small as end needle’s size?

I’ve had MC for over two months now, but they are very small sizes not like the usual size I see on picture.  I see white dots sizes on the body of my penis.  Are they MCs?  If yes, then how do I bring it up to the surface so that I can treat them with ACV?  I’m thinking about remove...

Posted
  • My experience with Molluscum Contagiousm.

Hi guys, just wanted to share my experience with MC. I’m a 27 year old male and was diagnosed with MC in my genital area, more around the the pubic and bottom of the shaft. After visiting my local GP, she prescribed Warticon. This did not work! It caused so much pain and suffering, i just bled and it...

Last reply
  • Molluscum is spreading rapidly - 22 year old healthy female

About two weeks ago (mid September) I started noticing a couple of bumps around my genital area. At first I thought they were just ingrown hairs so I didn't think much of it but then last week, Sept 27, I felt some growth on my labia. That's when I freaked out and went to see a gynecologist....

Last reply
  • Still contagious after bumps are gone?

Hello, After 9 long months of dealing with this virus with ACV and liquid nitrogen, my bumps have finally cleared up. Although there are still areas of faint pink skin discoloration left over after the bumps have disappeared. Would it be safe to shave at this point or will my skin still be contagious?

Last reply
  • Is this molluscum ?? Or herpes

I have had these red bumps for over 3 months I'm sure by now it is not herpes related. I have put off going to the doctor as my life has been really hectic lately. I have these red bumps for 3 months around my belly button but I have over time got more and more in my pubic area and also my penis...

Last reply
  • 7 year old Molluscum cure

My 7 year old came home from school one day with a horrible rash in the crook of his elbow. I took him to the clinic and they said he had scabies...prescribed scabies cream to which he had a severe allergic reaction and it didnt go away after two  weeks of treating him with otc creams like Aveeno...

Last reply
  • Can you extract 50+ molluscum?

I am 17 and I have had molluscum for almost 2 years. I have roughly 80+ small lesions on my legs with some on my arms. Some are pink and some are nearly invisible... I have heard that extracting the core is the most effective way to get rid of it... Am i too late?

Last reply
  • I need help. Do I have molluscum?

I will attatch picture. Single bump appeared early December recently has gotten much worse. Went to dermatologist all they told me was to put on “retin-A” (tretinoin) and so far it has done nothing. Here’s a picture please reply.

Last reply
  • Is this mollucsum? Or genital warts? Or herpes?

I havent been sexually active in almost a year.     I one day noticed 3 of these bumps near each other.    Very small.   Painless. No redness.  No itching.  Nothing but the visual cue of it being there.    I tried poping them bad idea. They scrape easily bleed...

Last reply
  • Is this molluscum?

In september I had a 1-minute protected sex session and was interrupted (long story). These bumps appeared on my penis either slightly before this or slightly after, i don't remember. I do remember they finished showing up in a couple days. They do not hurt or itch and have remained benign for these...

Last reply
  • 2 yr old has Molluscum, and it won't go away! Please Help!!

My 2yr old son has had molluscum for almost 3 months now and it just keeps getting worse! I feel like I've tried everything, but it either doesn't work or hurts when applied. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm getting desperate at this point and it's obviously not just "going...

Last reply
  • I "cured" my molluscum years ago, I'm back to share how

Hey everyone, I recently came down with a pretty s****y condition called Peyronie's disease. It's essentially an injury to my penis from sex. Girl on top bent it! Be careful ladies! You can injure your men... Not good. It's a mild case and not catastrophic but it had me thinking about...

Last reply
  • Does tweezing work for molluscum contagiosum?

I'm 16 and I have had molluscum mainly on my legs for 17 months and I saw in a discussion that molluscum could be extracted from the root with tweezers, and wiped off with alcohol after each extraction. Wouldn't this cause spreading?

Last reply
  • Do I have herpes or molluscum contagiosum?

I had oral sex with the man I am seeing, twice and after three days of the second time we did it I came down with a crazy fever (39 degrees and higher), sore throat severe headache and some bumps on my vulva. Oh and yes at first it hurt when I tried to urinate. I had recovered from a stomach flu the...

Last reply
  • Need help!

My 8yo was diagnosed with MCV, I have been treating with essential oils and they are starting to burst and scab over. Question is they are quite large after they have burst and started scabbing and tonight he was in a little bit of pain. From everything I read I thought that once they all starting bursting...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.