Possible Molluscum Contagiosum?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, about a week ago i noticed these 4 small bumps on my scrotum/penis base. was instantly worried and booked a GP appointment thinking it was HPV or something. was told not to worry as it looked like a 'heat rash' or something. sent home without any diagnosis. i have since been online and learnt about Molluscum C and have started thinking it could be that. only thing is there are currently no visible dimples.

even though ive seen a doctor, im worried as MC can spread and I have a partner. anybody able to recognise it from the photos?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

it sort of does look like MC, they tend to have a dimple in the middle of the growth. keep an eye out, and yes they do spread (very easily) so be careful and wait out on any physical contact while you wait to get examined.

• Posted

its frustrating because i thought the same, but i saw my GP again and he told me its most likely nothing. He said its not MC because there are no dimples. since they appeared they have not changed

• Posted

This definitely looks like Molluscum Contagiosum. And if the first symptoms of it are in the genital area or inner thighs or lower abdomen, then its considered an STD. This skin disease is the DEVIL! I've had it 18 months now! 18 months because my husband cheated on me and gave it to me. It has covered me from head to toe and my face is covered in it. After awhile they'll have a good chance of ulcerating and looking like big sores. It looks like i have a bad bad case of acne on my face that never goes away. It has scarred up my face, chest, back and arms really bad. I caught my husband cheating because he gave me this. And he didn't realize he had even caught it. Condoms will not keep you from passing it to your girlfriend either. Do everything possible to not spread this on yourself. I never realized such hell existed and drs want to downplay this disease like it's no big deal. It has ruined my life and my skin is scarred for life. I suggest using iodine and DUCT TAPE! Duct tape, silver only, works miracles if you can stand to wear it. I clean the spots with iodine and cut pieces of duct tape to cover. I still have MC and it still spreads but nowhere near the rate it was. and many of them healed quick (although new ones would pop up next to the healed) I wish you the best and hope these don't spread and you end up in the situation I'm in. Good luck!

• Edited

thats what im worried about.. it spreading out of control/passing it on. I mean at this point its probably too late, but i might try out some treatment. I havent so far as my GP is adamant its nothing sinister but i just dont believe it, i mean what else could it be?? i would rather try and treat it early if possible, it looks a bit like new ones are appearing next to the old ones but hard to say.. clearly the doctors wont help me so i need to find a way to deal with it

• Edited

update on this, one spot became inflamed and then healed/disapeared completely. another has also become inflamed so hopefully the others will follow suit!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.