3 1/2 days since taking the medication and still live worms

Posted , 4 users are following.

It's been 3 1/2 days since I gave her the mebendazole tablet but she's still passing live worms. Is it normal to take so long to kill them off?

She's more comfortable at night - not up crying for an hour at a time any more - but she still has disturbed sleep, so they're still bothering her.

Can anyone reassure me hat the meds are working properly and it's normal to take so long to kill all the worms?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, my name is ariel. I'm not sure of the type of parasites your daughter has. I have thread worms, they are so bad they came out of my skin, Dr's refused to believe me that my sores and rashes were worms, and not some other infection. I've even been given mrsa fighting antibiotics... any way... I have read through my diligent Internet searching, and crash course on worms... that uv light kills the eggs. Thus I'm thinking I could hang your laundry out on a line, couch cushions, sheets etc could set out in the sun in the privacy of your own back yard!!! I would double check your parasite and if uv light would kill or disable the future hatching. It at least might help the constant clean up process.. I hope.. good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.