3/12 weeks on 10mg citalopram

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi fellow people I just wanted some help and advise I'm taking cit 10mg for panic/anxiety it's been 3 1/2 weeks now I have good and bad days but my head is always heavy headache heavy chest went to Dr and he said he want me to stay on 10mg for a few months. if things don't change what should I do or its still to early.

Thanks and God bless everyone.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Morning Ali,

Early days! I was just saying to someone else the same, but also pointing out that from their, like your, symptoms Cita is working. So, this is a good and positive start even though you may feel otherwise.

During these early days try to remember that as everyone is an individual miracle of life that at the same time our bodies are also very different in how they react and respond to sticking plasters for the brain! You may not get some of the added extras (side effects) that you will read of here, nor the intensity either so try not to worry or over think about things that may or may not apply to you (the best you can).

Keep in regular contact and keep appointments with your Dr and always try to discuss how you have and are feeling, holding nothing back. I say try because half the time I couldn't remember much so my Fiancee always came along. Mind you I couldn't go out on my own for a few months either. The other half of the time me head was all fuzzy!

By discussing your illness with your Dr will also help you, hopefully if they know a lot about such illnesses, understand it and what is happening to you. Therefore the more they know, the better informed they will be to make the neccessary and appropriate decisions toward your recovery. Trust is the main thing here especially if you feel really down and fed up and this is where this forum is brilliant. You will find the answers, help, advice, reassurance and encouragement that you need to get you through. The more you talk the more you learn the more you can help others! Simple, even though at the moment you may be thinking yeah right!

If your Dr does suggest an increase then remember you may get some added extras or an increase in others, but then again you may be one of the lucky ones and won't. No one knows. However, by then you may know how to handle things a little better and be more positive.

So, for now all that remains for me to do is say Welcome to the Club!  It is like being in an all inclusive caring Family who will try to see you through!

Keep posting, reading and never be afraid to ask that question that may sound insignificant or sill. We've all done and you wil get an answer.

Regards,

David

• Posted

Thanks for the reply David really means alot to me.

my Dr gave me 2 more months of 10mg Cit and he told me to comeback before my meds finish so its another 8 weeks but i will take them for 4 more weeks and see hows things are going for me if still the same i will go back to Dr and expalin everything and if things get better then i will stick with my dose. 

Whats do you think (advise) 

Thanks again David 

• Posted

I think you have a good Dr there, you ar ealready working this out in yer head and everytime the bad fellings come you'll be better able to handle them. Some timetables are not set in stone, you know your own body (you be finding out more too, as you go along) so do not be frightened to change it, go back earlier if need be, but be sure and explain everything to yer Dr. Also tell him about this forum as he may not know about it and would be beneficial for him to take a look, understand more.

So, I think yer doin just fine! Always bear in mind that there may (only may) be the odd downer now and again and if so just ride it.

You alwaus have us here - there are others you know, not just me waffling on! The thing is, there a lazybunch and probably still in bed! Lol!

Ciao fer now!

David

• Posted

Thanks David you are really good help and nice person. And I just wanted to from last 3 days my anxiety is bit high or it's just normal side effect...???
    • Posted

Morning Ali,

It is usual, as Cita causes anxiety to be able to treat it! Weird, I know, but apparently tis all part of the treatment.

I didn't know I had any anxiety, then anxiety and small panic attacks hit me which were all in the first couple of months. When I started Cita I went down with man flu, big time and was laid out for 3 weeks so, any added extras (side effects) I got were all delayed somewhat or I didn't notice them because of the flu.

There can be outside influences that may also, possibly, bring the anxiety on (like work, home lifestyle etc., which you may be able to do something about), but if you feel there isn't then, back to the beginning it is usual at this time. Of course you worrying about it, can feed it too and if you feel that may be part of it, then just try to relax. When it happened to me I just sat up in a chair rested my arms and took 10 long slow deep breaths and if it didn't clear the anxiety it did help reduce it which was better than nothing. On the very odd occassion these days I have a little flutter which may be angst or panic, it is very slight, but I feel it and I take a few real deep breaths and it goes away. You may want to try some breathing exercises. If start a new discussion you may find one more suitable for you as there are a few out there and what works for one may not work for another.

All these added extras are, truly, a sign that Cita is working as a sticking plaster for the brain should do, as long as we accept that and ride it out things do get better. Trouble is it is the way it makes us feel while we're waiting for Cita to do its job that's the bummer! I guess we can't have it that easy when there's stuff to repair.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Good morning

Thanks David for the kind words and updating me on the situation it's really helpful information you are very nice and kind and helpful person.

I will be updating on my condition/recovery.

Kind regards.

Ali

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.