3.45 int he morning sitting up in bed yawning but unable to sleep...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi anyone who is listening been awake since 2.30am after shot of adrenelin raced around my body  ... what an awful time to be awake when you are working the next day. I know I will feel totally knackered tomorror Any suggesitons on how to get sleep sorted.  Been like this for a week now.  I live by myself and  would love someone to advise x

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i would talk to a doctor. Someone who might specialize in sleep or something. I have suffered from sleep too but it is cuz i have anxiety. i am about to try and get some rest cuz it is like 11 here so i hope all goes well. And i dont suggest every night but try AdvilPM my bf says it works wonders
  • Posted

First of all, chat to your GP. Secondly, do you drink tea or coffee in the evenings? Caffeine near to bed time hampers sleep. Have you ever been taught any deep breathing exercises? They can help too as they really do relax you.x
    • Posted

No dont drink tea or coffe aster 8pm.  I did use breathing exercices and also relaxation cd which appears to have worked as slept for a couple of hours.   I have been to GP today and got some sleeping pills

• Posted

Hello Joyce,  I do have sympathy with you as i struggle all the time. When you know the answer let me know. I have tried herbal supplements to no avail. Codeine helps which i am prescribed for pain but they are addictive. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I used a relaxation CD which gave me a couple of hours sleep.  Now have sleeping pills off dr for 2 weeks

• Posted

Hi Joyce,

I don't know if you have tried it but I have had some success with self hypnosis relaxation techniques. whilst you can buy CDs etc a quick internet search will provide you with a wealth of techniques that can assist you in relaxing at night. I also agree with others that talking to your GP is a good idea and if you are on any POM medications check with your GP before trying herbal remedies as they may conflict with your meds.

Hope to hear back from you soon

Dave

• Posted

Hi Dave.  I did end up using a new relation hynosis cd and I managed to get a couple of hours sleep.  Now have sleeping pills off dr. to try tonight it was a last resort as cannot function at work at moment and very tearful.  Thank you Dave

• Posted

Joyce, don't look on it as a last resort, medication, self help etc are all just tools we can use to help us on the road to recovery. Please let me know tomorrow how your feeling 

Dave 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.