Posted , 3 users are following.
I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst in September after having bleeding, no period, and a strange clear discharge. The cyst was 4.9 cm. I had two more ultrasounds and it shrunk a bit (can't remember the size). I had another ultrasound two weeks ago, and although it's not as big as it was originally, it's bigger than the last two ultrasounds, at 3.5 cm. And it's either four small cysts, or one multi-septated one. My obgyn sent me to an oncologist. He did a ca-125 (my obgyn doesn't believe in that test), and it was 16. He said the chances are small that it's cancer, but he can do surgery and remove the ovary. He said it's up to me, and won't know if it's definitely not cancer until he does the surgery.
My obgyn I had gone to since I was 18 (I'm 51) retired due to health reasons, and I'm dealing with all new doctors I don't know. I'm supposed to start a new job in January. I have no idea what to do. If I wait to see if the cyst changes, I'll regret it if something sinister is going on,but I don't want to make a hasty decision and remove it. In addition, my obgyn suggests removing both ovaries, something I've heard can cause a host of problems. Any advice? I've had bowel problems since the cyst which is a bit concerning, but noticed others mentioned this too. Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance.
0 likes, 4 replies