3.5 creatinine level?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am a 24yo Male that went to the doctor for a checkup. My pre test came back with some protein in it so then I had a 24 hour urine jug test done and blood work. Everything came back fine with my body except my creatinine level was 3.5. The doctor said nothing else about my kidneys alerted her and she didnt think the level is a concern. I was taking ibuprofen around the time as the pee test as well as eating a decent amount of red meat. She told me to stay away from nsaids and high meat protein intake. However, when I get home and google this level it starts making me believe I should see another doctor. I just wanted to see if these high levels are common in someone who has kidneys that are ok?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My creatinine was 1.2. It was the only thing off about my blood and my doctor made me do more tests, a talk with a npehrologist and a CT Scan. All were good except for creatinine slightly elevated. 3.5 is high unless you workout a lot and take supplements
    • Posted

Right now I am not working out and taking supps. However, a half a year to a year ago I did workout 5 times a week and only take whey protein. I know 3.5 is a high level but my doctor really insisted that there was nothing else wrong or elevated with my test.
    • Posted

Unfortunately many primary care physicians miss early indicators for kidney problems. So, as I said before, I'd error on the side of caution and request follow-up labs 4-6 weeks after you discontinue ibuprofen. Then if your creatinine is still elevated, I'd set an appointment with s nephrologist.

Marj

• Posted

I'd definitely discontinue the ibuprofen. And then I'd ask for a follow-up renal panel in 4-6 weeks. If the creatinine remains elevated I'd then seek a referral to a nephrologist for further evaluation.

Marj

• Posted

your creatine is about 200% higher than normal (keep in mind some people can have creatine levels of 800% higher then normal without feeling symptoms)

too much meat, and/or too much exercise can raise creatine levels, what surprises me is this..... your doctor didn't order a follow-up blood test in three months time (no medic will, or should diagnose and confirm creatine levels unless two tests there months apart are done.

get a second opinion for sure

?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.