3.5 weeks after front and back prolapse repair been on antibiotics whole time due to infection

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well I'm 4 weeks post opp Thursday and since having the opp I've constantly had infection .. Antibiotics .. In fact doc had given me 3 different kinds and then I woke up one morning the which I thought was a boil on the other vaginal lips, within hours it turnt into a few hard lumps, they stang and was very hot but nothing visable so I went to doc again who again put me on a different antibiotic and 3 days later there worse, my doc came out and decided to send me to hoss.

I came in here Friday afternoon and only just about to leave, I had to have an inturnal and I was terrified, the nurse was so lovely and went very slowly and I was suprized that it didn't really hurt it was just fear of the un known, I was put on I.V antibiotics, swobs and blood test done , after 3 days on all that the hune doc said he thinks it's a spread infection in the tissue and the lumps are due to that PLUS all the antibiotics has also caused thrush and dryness so I've now been sent home on antibiotics again to treat the lumps, thrush tablets, a numbing gel for the lumps and some tablets to stop my period coming on AND I've got a horrid Coke :-( feel missruble and fed up and now have the worry would all this have affected my opp ?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh Patricia what a horrible time you've had but I'm sure it won't have affected your surgery. Sending hugs 😘
  • Posted

Hi Patricia,

How awful. I'm sure it will all clear up soon and in a few weeks you will look back and wonder at the difference.

Phyl xx💖

• Posted

Thank you all, hopefully it will clear up, make me wonder weather it would have been easier to have waited until the babies were abit older, how am I Ment not to lift atleast my 6 month old for another 8 weeks ?
  • Posted

Hi Patricia,  sounds like you have had an awful experience aww keep your chin up sounds as though you have turned a corner now.  This site has been great for getting me through my darker days.  The advice is fab and Matron is just brilliant.

Sending hugs xxx

• Posted

Patricia.....you have had an awful time, you poor thing. I had some really down moments over the last 7 weeks. Try to keep your chin up, you will improve and get over this.Matron is a mine of information and the ladies on here are great support. Get well soon xx

• Posted

Thank you xx When do you start feeling yourself again, going through all that and now back to doing nothing os making me so depressed ! It's affecting my relationship big time xx
    • Posted

Hi Patricia,

I had A&P too, you start to feel more like yourself from about 5/6 weeks; Around the time that stitches start to loosen as your wounds knit together. And it helps as we can start doing light household tasks/ pottering around house and walk a little more. Hope this helps.

Take it easy and you'll be there before you know it!

Phyl xx💖

• Posted

Hi Patricia...I started to feel a bit better around 5 weeks but I only had a bladder prolapse. I say only had but that was enough. I had thrush and also sciatica,which i still have...Have patience...do things that make you happy....Music,books...anything but rest is so important...good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.