3.5 wks post op rectocele sx. Need advice regarding BM’s!!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello ladies,

I'm writing to anyone on here who is willing to give me some advice or tell me if what is happening to me is normal.

i am 3.5 weeks post op anterior/posterior (rectocele) repair and TVH with salpingectomy. The healing process has been dreadful but I was expecting some pain. For the most part, the pain has gotten a lot better. I have good days and bad days. My biggest problem that I'm facing is my weird and painful bowel movements!! Yikes!! They've been all over the place. Diarrhea, horrendous gas, stomach pains, stomach growling, and constipation. One day I have 3 decently sized poos, the next day I have 6 really loose poos. Or one day I'll have terrible gut wrenching diarrhea, then the next day be totally constipated. And the "normal" BM's still hurt when they come out. This has been the worst part in the healing process. And it still is very uncomfortable sitting anywhere except my squishy bed. I feel pressure in my anus when standing longer than 5 minutes

I've never had poo problems like this prior to surgery. I eat a pretty well balanced diet (except no dairy because I cant). I get a good amount of fiber everyday and drink plenty of fluids. Can anyone share their personal pooping stories after their rectocele repair? I know it is a very taboo subject but we all do it! I just need confirmation if this is normal or abnormal Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.