3.6cm cyst

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

saw a gynae yesterday who told me I had a 3.6cm ovarian cyst. I have abdominal discomfort, bloating for 4-6 weeks with lack of appetite for the last 3 weeks. He said that the lack of appetite isn't a symptom of the cyst!!! So... I'm a little confused. Would be interested to know what other ladies symptoms have been with cysts.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi My cyst dermoid tumor...benign caused me lots pain and bloated and lack appetite so yes they do cause pain etc ,demand to have removed wish you well xx
    • Posted

Thanks I'm going to get a 2nd opinion so need to find another gynae
  • Posted

What's really fustrating is that you go to see all these doctors and they all just say, "oh, its normal. nothing to worry about." You see, sometimes when you are ovulating you relase cyst as well. It's only an issue if it's really big. Unless it's really big and you require sugery, the doctors will just give you some pain medication. At least that was my experience. I saw 4 different doctors. 

when I got my cyst, I didn't have a lack of appetitie but I gained! I was bloated, moody, pelvic pain, and constipated. 

• Posted

Hi there,I've got a 6cm Dermoid on my Ovary,I didn't know it was there apart from terrible pain when I Ovulate that lasts weeks!!I was told it was scar tissue from 2 abdominal surgeries.I had a 10am Dermoid Removed 4 Years Ago along With the left Ovary and Both Fallopian tubes.Even my doctor is surprised that I've got another one and more surgery!

Any Cyst affects your hormones,I feel nauseous,so tired,brain fog, bloating and my IBS is bad.My Oncologist/Gyn last time said that once the Cyst was removed that I'd be fine,I've not felt fine since then but still had no idea another one had grown!I just felt generally unwell.We are ruled by our hormones so when they're not be having normally it does make you feel blah.

Hope you get sorted smile

• Posted

Predictive text changed 10cm to 10am!!! Tutt x
  • Posted

I think my worst symptom is nausea because it stops me eating and then I have no energy. I also can't move around properly, I'm slow and I stagger about. I have heaps of anxiety from these blooming cysts and the treatment being so slow. I also have bloating and issues with going to the loo. I think the cysts sit on my bowels and I wont be able to go..then I need to go NOW. All that makes me not have an appetite. I also have back pain and pain in my abdomen. My periods have stopped for like three months now. I am really really moody. My abdomen is bloated and we can literally see the cysts. I hope they will remove them soon because while I'm scared of surgery, I can't go on like this. I can barely work. 

I think in younger women (not menopausal) if the cyst is under 5cm they 'watch and wait' to see if the cyst will go away by itself. 

• Posted

They also watch and wait on larger cysts, they discovered a 10cm cysts when I was 21 and was over a year before I was offered the option of surgery. I had another straight after surgery which they didn't continue to motor or even though I went back time and time again to complain of pain etc. I'm now about to turn 30 and wanting to start a family and discovered I've another large cyst o my left ovary and a polycystic right ovary
    • Posted

Yes I was reading up on this the other day. They have a score system to whether they deem we are "high risk" or low risk and I remember age is one thing (whether we are pre menopausal that is) and size of the cyst, but also things like what they believe the cyst to be... Low risk they just watch, which is a pain! Over the past two years they have watched my cysts go from 5cm, to 7cm last Oct, to over 10cm in March this year. 

Good luck with starting a family x

• Posted

thank you for your reply. I now think it may be possible that i have a polycystic ovar as i have just read up about it and i have some of the symptons so i will book an appointement with my doctor regarding t his,  I hope everything does to plan for your with your family x
    • Posted

I was dx with polycystic ovaries in my 20's with an internal scan and blood tests. When they diagnosed my cysts recently, I was told it's totally different. Multicystic ovaries are cysts on the surface of the ovary itself. Polycystic ovaries form a chain of little cysts around them that on a scan look like a necklace around the ovary. Both may cause some fertility issues obviously and of course it's possible to have both. I wouldn't have known about the polycystic ovaries if they didn't cause weight gain issues and irregular periods. They are meant to be caused by issues with insulin, so I understand. I lived with the polycystic ovaries comfortably most of the time, it meant I had to really watch my weight and exercise frequently and it was really hard to lose weight at any time. The cysts "multicystic ovaries" are far different for me and cause me to feel quite unwell. To diagnose polycystic ovaries they will do blood tests through your cycle to see if you are ovulating normally and what levels your hormones are at a different times of the monthly cycle. And they do an internal ultrasound to see if you have that necklace of tiny cysts around your ovaries that were eggs that tried to ovulate but didn't quite make it because the hormones were disrupted. 
    • Posted

It's saddens me that they can watch for so long, mentally is hard for us to go through as well as living with it when we know it's getting no better. I'm definitely doing my best this time round to push for answers and help.

I noticed in one of your posts your having surgery, do you have a date yet? Good luck xx

• Posted

I really think they can't possibly understand the anxiety it causes to just wait. 

No date for surgery yet. The consultant told us whether these cysts are cancerous or not they need to be removed so I guess its just a matter of time. I'm seeing the consultant again tomorrow morning...and was meant to have my MRI results with me for them but now they aren't doing the MRI till tomorrow afternoon so I guess it'll be more waiting... its awful. I'm a nightmare for my poor husband. 

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear of you problems with a cyst. That sounds like this cyst of hopefully nothing to worry about epically if you don’t have many symptoms! When I went for my scan the woman who scanned my said a lot of women get cysts on their ovaries and sometimes they don’t even realise they have them because they cause no problem and are usually nothing to worry about.  My symptoms are back pain at the bottom, as well as craps like pains/stitches in my lower abdomen as well as painful breast sometimes and painful intercourse sometimes of pain during exercise (pain will be in lower abdomen)  Hopefully your doctor will send you for a blood test to rule anything out. Hope your get to the bottom of your problem smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.