3.75 mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was on mirtazapine for 2 months , 2 weeks at 15mg, then 4 weeks at 7.5 mg, doc said to take 3.75 for 5 days and quit, I lasted 31 days and things on bad, I had to reinstate at 7.5 for 12 days and then 3.75 for ten, things are a little better now, do I just stop taking it or go to 1.87,

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I discontinued after taking 1.87 mg and still incurred some pretty nasty withdrawal symptoms, which lasted for about a week.  I was only on the drug for about 1.5 months (max dose was 11 mg).  Definitely suggest further tapering before discontinuing.
  • Posted

Your gonna wanna go slow and I mean really slow. I've been tapering for about a month now from 22.5mg to 15mg right now and I do feel some withdrawal but nothing as bad to as when I had tried cold turkey. Don't be afraid to take your time.

• Posted

I was thinking cutting down 1/8 every 4 days, that's about .48 , it would take a month, is that to fast , it may take longer if I don't like the way it's going might have to me every week instead of 4 days, if I dont feel good

• Posted

can you switch to TRAZADONE an old tricyclic antidepressanf for sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.