3 and a half weeks in, ready to throw the towel in.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Sertraline three and a half weeks, worked up to 50mg from 25g during week one. I feel horrible still. I had insane increase in anxiety for the first two weeks. Now my anxiety is still bad but not as intense. I was taking it for anxiety in the first place and I've not seen any improvement. I also feel totally drained and exhausted all the time. I feel no motivation to do anything, totally washed out like I just want to lie in bed all day long. I can barely keep going to get through each day. How long do I give it before I just give up?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hang in their.  I'm on week 3 now and I can tell you one thing I switched to decaf and the anxiety went down,  although I was exhausted.  I actually switched to half and half today because of the tiredness and I notice my heart is racing.   If you drink coffee give it a shot and let us know..  

• Posted

Hang on in there!!! I can totally relate to you so much, you are doing SO well to get to where you are now, I have been on 50mg since August and now on my 8th week and feeling so much better!! I had a couple of good days round week 4 then had a bit of a dip, give it a little longer! Keep going!! 😊😊 

• Posted

Thank you both so much for your encouragement. It means a lot. I'm hoping and hoping that I'll start to see some improvement around four weeks. At the moment I feel worse and like I just can't go on like this.

• Posted

You can do it! Things will only get better from here,  like I said before you've done so well to get pass that first stage, you will be past the worst of it by now I'm sure. A couple of weeks in and I didn't think I could carry on with them anymore, a few days I couldn't even get myself out of bed, exhausted, dizzy, no appetite, worsened anxiety, and generally unwell. I couldn't even make it to have a bath! it's hard because we expect them to work straight away, not make us worse! Your body will still be adjusting, then soon you will start to have couple of better days but don't be disheartened if you have a bit of a dip or a few bad days after a good day, I had a couple of good days just as I was coming to the end on my first packet on 50mg. Then onto the start on my second packet I had a week of feeling like I had a band round my head, hard to explain but I though at the point something's not right here surely, doctor confirmed this was normal then when that went each day got more positive, it honestly feels like a cloud has lifted, I can now see myself in situations where it would of made me anxious before and I've actually done a couple of things I wouldn't of done on my own before baby steps but the future is starting to look that little more brighter  😊It effects us all differently I hope it works well for you, keep us updated, and if you've got any questions just ask I'm sure we can all relate to you on here, take care  😊

• Posted

Thank you so much emma, it really helps to hear from someone who has been there and understands. Yesterday morning I had a few hours of feeling slightly better but then felt bad again in the afternoon. I really hope that the better times start to get more. This feels like its been the longest month of my life!
    • Posted

It's awful I know, I'm glad I can help! As much as family love us it's hard for them to quite just understand and relate if they haven't been through it themselves. I got a lot of reassurance on here when I first started out too 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.