3 broken bones in my ankle

Posted , 4 users are following.

I fell down the stairs had 3 broken bones in my ankle and it had to be manipulated, spent 11 days in hospital with operation to put in a plate and 2 pins, 20 stitches which were taken out 3 weeks ago, been in plaster nearly 9 weeks but getting a lot of pain, like stabbing pain with a needle really hurts is this ok

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

its normal, the remedy for that is to roll your foot on a tennis ball about twice a day. the reason is that your not able to put any weight or pressure on your foot yet so it feels like sharp needles at the bottom of foot.

• Posted

Hi

I broke my ankle and same surgery yes i got stabbing pains for a fairly long time its perfectly normal also throbbing and burning as it all moves on you get all different pains i believe its all part of the healing process . Its a long slow recovery lots of patience is needed your not alone . keep positive

• Posted

HI

I was in plaster for 5weeks then transfered to a walking boot for 4 weeks

• Posted

Yes me plaster 8 weeks , now boot for 6 , fed up with it now still not allowed to walk on on outside

• Posted

Hi

i feel your frustration its so difficult when you cant get out. I started to learn to walk again once i came out of boot its still a very slow process though i still cant return to work or do any where near the amount of walking i used to be

able to do , however mentally i feel so much better being able to get out . Stay positive this will happen for you soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.