3 clustered sore in perineal area (with pictures)

Posted , 13 users are following.

So I'm a little concerned about what looks like sores on my perineal area. A little background: over a year ago I was in a relationship for over 7 months, up until I found out he was cheating on me. Afterwards I went in to get various STI screenings, and everything came back negative except for a slight/mild cervical dysplasia (HPV). I even ordered a herpes blood test, which came out negative as well. After I left him, I didn't have a relationship or intercourse for about 8/9 months until I started dating again, and after dating a guy I knew a long time, I tried to have intercourse with him (with a condom) but he couldn't penetrate, I was too tight or he was too big, and it hurt entirely too much, so we stopped. Shortly after our first attempt and only attempt at intercourse, we stopped seeing each other,  with the pain from the first time subsiding after a couple days. Last month, I was to go to the gyno to check on my mild dysplasia, so I spruced up by using a razorless hair removal, which I'd never used before, which stung a bit, and I think I also used a razor just for a slightly more clean shaven look. When I went to the gynecologist I warned her that I experience a lot of pain when trying to open up my vagina but she wasn't too concerned, she and I both concluded that it was merely psychological (I think from the trauma of being cheated on the prior year), anyways she used the speculum and we struggled, I experienced a lot of pain, and she tried to make me spread out some more, she wasn't even sure she'd be able to get a accurate amount of stuff to do the cervical tests. But afterward I experienced pain, nothing major but just a minor burning, stinging pain. It only really bothered me when I moved a certain way or when I squat, etc. I put some antibiotic lotion thinking it was just irritation from stretching out, and it seemed to feel better. But for weeks now the pain is still slightly there, today I decided to feel down there to see if I could feel anything, and sure enough I felt some bumps in my perineal area, close to my anus. At first I thought it might be a hemorrhoid, since I've had a history of that, but I decided it was smaller and felt more like a blister. When I do touch it it's a slight pain, maybe level 3 or 4 out of ten. There are three clusters and they are fairly hard, but very small. I'm a little worried it could be herpes, but I have no clue. 

IMG_4692.JPG

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So I guess the image didn't post so I'll try again. The red circle I drew is around the area I'm concered about. Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

• Posted

Have the bumps changed in any way since you took the photo? They don't look like blisters, but almost like skin tags instead. Could be the photo and lighting, though. If herpes, they should burst/open and become pitted ulcers that feel sore to the touch. If yours remain unchanged for days or weeks, it's not herpes.

• Posted

Hi thanks for the response. I took that picture the same day I made the post, when I first noticed the bumps when I touched my perineal area. I'm unsure if they've changed but as of today I still feel them, I will try and take another picture today. They haven't pussed out or anything like that yet, but also, they hurt only when I touch them. I don't think skin tags are supposed to hurt, but maybe it's also in a sensitive area? I'm not sure. I'll post another picture in a couple hours. 

• Posted

hey any update on this? i think I have the same thing. it fell off once while showering but now it came back, with 2 more but only on the sides of perineum area

this is the picture whenit fell off

• Posted

The photo did not come up, could you try send again 

?

• Posted

I realized it didn't post, so I made another post right under the first one with a picture. Thank you

• Posted

I created a reply with new pictures but it's been moderating for 7 hours, I'll try and add the pictures again here. 

• Posted

here's another one 

• Posted

How many days has it been now since you first noticed them? With these additional photos, I would say they look more like little pimples filled with solid pus. In any case, they don't really look like herpes, which isn't always saying much, but as noted before, if they don't change appearance after a week or longer, they're not due to herpes.  Herpes lesions will normally break open within a week from formation to form an ulcer (usually sore to the touch) that then takes another few days to a week to heal.

• Posted

If you're worried, you can see a doctor and ask him/her to swab the bumps for herpes. Best to do that sooner rather than later, however, for test accuracy purposes.

• Posted

Feliz, thanks for the responses, I noticed them around Sunday afternoon, it is now Tuesday almost Wednesday. They could have been there longer but I'm not sure. The very slight pain has been ongoing since July, and when I first touched that area, I didn't noticed anything. I rubbed some things on it, and only now recently did I noticed the lesions. I'm a little relieved to hear you say they don't look like herpes. Now that I can see them clearer you might just be right. For instance, and I don't know if you can tell in the pictures, but there is also a lesion/growth that's like tiny dots in a straight row. It's raised from the flesh, and looks a bit like a rash. So idk really, but yes I hope to get it checked as soon as I can. Like I said it's not disrupting my everyday life at all. I pee fine, I sit fine, and I don't even feel it most of the time. Even the slight stinging seems to have decreased as well. I'm just bothered there's something there that I don't know what it is.

• Posted

hi are the bumps still there? or if not what did u do?? i think i have the same thing but i'm not sure how did i get them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.