3 day bing

Posted , 4 users are following.

After having a couple slips over 4 months of having a couple sips I have just had a 3 day bing. I cant even answer why I did it.... HELP sad

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Ahh sue you ok Hun, don't stress too much, I've had a few slips too, all you can do is move on and try again, no changing the past , big hugs xxxxx
    • Posted

Thank you Rachel... Im ok just very upset with myself, I havent even been craving and now afraid I am going to sad

• Posted

only a couple of slips over four months,i think thats fantastic
    • Posted

Thank you.. I think I thought I wasnt craving so I would be ok but now... I just never want to go back to where I was and a 3 day bing is a good start. sad
  • Posted

Sue, I beleive over the last few months that you have stayed away from medications. Maybe it's time to get on the Naltrexone  (or Nalmefene)  program - it has helped me.

I am also on Campral which has helped with my stability from stumbling around. 

Hope this has helped.

• Posted

Thank you Tim... do you know if you can get t in Canada?
    • Posted

Nalmefene is not available here (that I know of). Maybe Paul has a better idea of world health issues and availability.
    • Posted

NO...and as Paul has mentioned several times on this forum, If you are 100% sure you won't have a slip, go ahead with Antibuse but if you do have a drink it could be life threatening.

You CAN drink with Naltrexone - it just reduces the cravings.

• Posted

i am also on campral but its for people who want to abstain completely from alchohol and i don,t think i cuold handle the thought of that so i,ve just been started on nalmafene
    • Posted

no naltrexone  works on receptors in the brain that block the effects of alchohol,whereas antibuse or disulfiram punishes you for having a drink by essentially poisoning you with certain bad effects
  • Posted

Hi Sue08,

I know how you feel!  it takes a lot to get away from drinking and oh so easy to fall back into it again.  I am in the middle of the same thing, but i do try to think of the things that I was doing and what made me feel better.  it is a struggle but I am determined that [u]I WILL BEAT IT![/u] I hope you can get through this and I would like to think that I could help.  If you need to talk just e-mail me.  all the best (Y)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.