3 days in

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im 36 and have just started on cit and am feeling a bit strange kind of hard to explain does this pass????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Craig,

I felt 'a bit strange' when I first went on them, too - a kind of slightly out-of-body feeling, but not quite? And a bit floaty all the time. It IS hard to explain. But yes - it passed for me, I think it's a normal thing to happen at first. It should pass soon - how long have you been on them now?

• Posted

[quote:512d893ff7=\"Froggerella\"]Hi Craig,

I felt 'a bit strange' when I first went on them, too - a kind of slightly out-of-body feeling, but not quite? And a bit floaty all the time. It IS hard to explain. But yes - it passed for me, I think it's a normal thing to happen at first. It should pass soon - how long have you been on them now?[/quote:512d893ff7]thanks frog 3 days how long will it last

• Posted

Hi. Yes, I had an awful time as I got used to the tablets. I was prescribed them for anxiety and the irony is that my anxiety got worse. so bad, in fact, that I had to be prescribed diazapam. I was getting this awful cold feeling down my arms and in my chest - I was convinced I was having a heart attack - you can just imagine what that did for my anxiety! However, after just over 2 weeks the feelings went away and I am now at the beginning of my 4th week and am up and about and nearly back to normal. I also lost a lot of weight because I simply couldn't stomach any food at all - pleased to report that appetite is back with a vencance now!! I think it is a case of things getting worse before they get better, it certainly was for me but I am glad I stuck with it.
  • Posted

Hiya

yes the strange feeling do go, takes up to about 4 to 6 weeks,

my first citalopram was today and im feeling wierd!!!!!!

This is the second time in my life that i have been on cit the first time was rong choice of boyfriend!!!!!! this time its work related

take care stick with them they do work, but freaky to start with soon passes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.