3 days on amoxicillin

Posted , 5 users are following.

I seen my doctor Tuesday and was told that I have a infection in my uterus I was given amoxicillin and have been taking it for 3 days now with no improvement. My doctor said to come back if I’m still in pain but I feel like such a baby, sorry I’m just venting 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You need to go back to your Doctor and tell him exactly how you are feeling and symptoms
  • Posted

I just heard back from the doctor he is sending me in for a ultrasound I’m really thinking all of this ties into my fibroids but I’m not a doctor and could be wrong. 
  • Posted

Hi there 

Please don’t feel like a baby, pain is pain no matter what the reason, and a uterine infection is serious, it can lead to PID, (pelvic inflammatory disease) which can be both painful and serious, so go back to your doctor and I hope you feel better soon 😁??

• Posted

You need to go back to your Dr and explain to him on how you feel about the treatment.
  • Posted

Thank you ladies for all your reply’s, so I went in for my ultrasound which was super painful I almost flew off the table a couple of times. Not sure if it was due to the ultrasound or not but as soon as I was done I felt a big hush of something coming out of me it turns out that I started my period and I’m thinking that was causing all this pain and discomfort which I’ve never experienced before. I haven’t gotten the results back from the ultrasound yet and probably won’t until Monday 
  • Posted

I've never heard of amoxicillin being used to treat that type of infection. weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.