3 days post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 3 days post op from a Lap vaginal Hysterectomy. I am severely constipated. I've been taking mild laxatives since I came home Thursday. No luck. I cant strain because of the stitches in my vaginal. Other than that I feel ok just so much pressure. Anyone have the same issues and found relief? I'm getting desperate

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

feel for you!!!

i highly recommend all bran with warm water, eat kiwi with skin on, fresh pineapple and then i took senokot laxative that was sent home from hospital with, morning and night. I also drank warm water with lemon. Worked for me, beat of luck!!

• Posted

I had the same problem lasted about 3 days too, I started taking stool softners day 3 and that did the job. i continued to take them exactly as prescribed and found relief. I wish my doctor would have told me that they are a must after surgery!

• Posted

Me too! I'm walking and eating foods with fiber. Drinking warm water and regular water. It's so uncomfortable I almost want to go back to the hospital.

• Posted

also try to walk as much as possible without getting injured as that helps with bowl movements. I did that while taking stool softners and it helped!

• Posted

Hi

After mine i took.movicol . It takes around 3 days to work then it wS easy from then on.

I took 2/3 sachets a day.

Yiu can also.use glycerine suppositories for instant evacuation.

I still tzke movicol now and ifind it brilliant.

Id avoid laxatives as tge bowel will get very lazy.

Movicol is more natural and only increases water into the bowel. You can also take long term if needed.

I think you are very early days yet to want to feel great.

My cramps lasted 4 days but after that it was a breeze and pain free.

Good luck hunx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.